Speculation: Eichel Mega Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Similar to Duchene situation and that dragged out for sooooo long. Sakic got great value in the end but if he took those offers which were offered first.. only shit deals.

Sucks if Buffalo is forced to make a trade. You never get the best price.

Same with the Pacioretty situation.

The issue with this one is there's an injury and surgery involved. Its an added wrinkle that makes things even more chaotic and creates legitimate timetables. With a NMC and a recovery timetable there's a sweet spot here that Buffalo must find, because if they miss it then the market will dry up.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Same with the Pacioretty situation.

The issue with this one is there's an injury and surgery involved. Its an added wrinkle that makes things even more chaotic and creates legitimate timetables.

Yeah very tough situation. Basically Sabres don't want to hurry and want to get the best possible offer but Eichel cant wait. What a messed up situation!!

Tough for both sides.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
This is the opposite of how the Oilers handled McDavid's serious injury. They supported his unconventional choice for treatment, paid for a top-tier physical therapy team, and kept everyone quiet to so he could recover in peace over the summer.

One would think there were lessons to be learned by the Sabres on how support your superstar player.
The Sabres are a dumpster fire with cheap ass owners, this sort of thing would never happen with them lol

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
This is the opposite of how the Oilers handled McDavid's serious injury. They supported his unconventional choice for treatment, paid for a top-tier physical therapy team, and kept everyone quiet to so he could recover in peace over the summer.

One would think there were lessons to be learned by the Sabres on how support your superstar player.
Good point and well done by the Oilers.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
can he file an OSHA complaint if he feels they aren't letting him properly take care of an injury?

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Exclusive live look at Eichel:

9456ac4345e24d57885c1f8faf8d88b1_w200.gif

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I mean just the animosity developing between the fans and Eichel makes it an unwise proposition to keep him around. I can't imaging feeling the Sabres have handled this well but evidently there are a few Buffalo fans that think this was well done...No going back from this one.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I'd be shocked if he's traded at all before he has surgery.

I assume this is the calculation for all the parties involved:

(1) Eichel: wants to have the surgery he prefers, and probably also wants out of Buffalo, but in that order.
(2) Buffalo: won't trade Eichel for less than he's worth and don't want him to be the pilot of a new surgical technique among professional athletes.
(3) Suitors: aren't going to be giving Buffalo the value the Sabres want when they don't know the results of the surgery.

I would guess the way this ultimately gets resolved is Buffalo gives in and allows Eichel to have the surgery he's asking for, we see the results, and then he is traded. Until the surgery this is going to sit in limbo, unless Buffalo sells Eichel for less than a healthy Eichel is worth (unlikely) or Eichel's trade comes with a lot of conditionals (which, given that conditions are necessarily draft picks, and those are not the assets Buffalo wants back as the principal return for Eichel, this is also unlikely).
He's going to have to be traded first just to get his surgery. That's the whole deal at this point.

Reactions: Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
No no I just meant Sabres want to take their time with this instead of a quick trade. Usually it ends badly.
True, but Jack has a herniated disc in his neck, which requires surgery. That’s a very serious medical issue, that needs to be addressed. The club really should okay the surgery, that they had earlier agreed was needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad