Speculation: Eichel Mega Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Exactly. Suzuki isn't being traded.
Evans amd or Poehling isnt enough.
KK is the centerpiece here.
He's the main prospect that makes sense here.
20 year old, big boy, tonnes of potential. Add a 45 to 55 point winger.
An A prospect and 2 high picks and I feel it's enough.

I mean, it's not enough if anybody offers up an impact top six player here. A lot of the shine has come off KK at this point. And so I think this package wins if Buffalo feels they have to move him and time's run out. But that can happen. That's why I bring up the ROR deal -- they accepted STL's fourth best prospect or so as the centerpiece because the owner didn't want to pay a bonus the next day.

This isn't a good package. But it might be enough to take advantage of a bad organization. Leave it on the table and see if they have some internal deadline and panic.

Last edited:

TheBlueLlama

Mar 17, 2021
Minnesota
I'm sticking with a Wild package. I’ve always believed it will be the Wild and it makes sense on so many levels. Rossi could and should be the main target to reunite him with Jack Quinn.

Rossi, Fiala, Rask and a 2022 - 1st.

Assuming Eichel is healthy, this is a pretty fair package. The only thing I that really makes me think the Wild wouldn’t pull the trigger are the cap implications. If GMBG could somehow swing some cap salary retention I could see it, but a move like this has a dangerously high potential of making the Wild a lottery team in the next year or two.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
assuming Eichel

Assuming Eichel is healthy, this is a pretty fair package. The only thing I that really makes me think the Wild wouldn’t pull the trigger are the cap implications. If GMBG could somehow swing some cap salary retention I could see it, but a move like this has a dangerously high potential of making the Wild a lottery team in the next year or two.
At this juncture it's unclear as to whether Guerin would consider that a bug or a feature.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I'd have to think planning for the Wild being a lottery team isn't something Guerin would consider unless he wants Kaprizov to leave.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

TheBlueLlama

Mar 17, 2021
Minnesota
At this juncture it's unclear as to whether Guerin would consider that a bug or a feature.
That would make sense a few years ago, but with a handful of prime aged core players, this teams is being built to win now.

If GMBG threw the farm at the Sabres for Eichel and it failed due to him never returning to form, that is a franchise altering f*** up. They’d have no 1c, no depth, no cap space, and arguably their best player in since Gaborik walks or goes back to Russia.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
That would make sense a few years ago, but with a handful of prime aged core players, this teams is being built to win now.

If GMBG threw the farm at the Sabres for Eichel and it failed due to him never returning to form, that is a franchise altering f*** up. They’d have no 1c, no depth, no cap space, and arguably their best player in since Gaborik walks or goes back to Russia.
The bolded remains to be seen. He went into last year with a bad situation at center and as of 2 days from free agency has done nothing to improve that. He still needs to sign two of his best scoring forwards. He's lost all of his defensive depth. Rebuilding his forward and defensive depth is going to be very difficult with the cap constraints composed by the buyouts.

I'm not saying he's looking to tank because I don't think that's the case, but as of July 26, 2021 I don't think anyone can look at Minnesota's roster and say with complete confidence what Guerin's really angling at here.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I think the big question here is whether Buffalo is going for established players or prospects and futures.

I'd have assumed they'd want a lesser center coming back for him before. But after the Reinhart and Ristolainen deals, I can imagine they might be going all in on the future.

More teams are probably willing to bid with picks and prospects than their current core.

based on my cap estimations, they will need some salary coming back to be over the floor without them signing a big UFA. If they signed danault to $5M per then it would be primarily prospects,

in a trade with Calgary ir might be something like

2022 1st, Zary, Andersen or Lindholm, and something else ( picks/ prospects).

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I think Romanov+Cole+1st + 2nd + 3rd for Eichel + 2nd or prospect would get it done for the habs.

Sabres get: Top4D; Top6 player (two roster players), a 1st rounder, 2nd and 3rd round picks
If sabres want they can turn both Romanov and Cole into more picks by taking on cap dumps with sweetners attached

Habs get: Eichel, and 2nd or prospect ( to replace one of Romanov/Cole in future).

I think it is a solid trade for both teams:

If Sabres are looking for; three 1st rounders (either in picks or prospects) for Eichel that is just too much IMO for only 5 years of Eichel (or potentially 4 years if Eichel has a neck surgery).

Sabres gotta get real and not live in a freakin' fantasy land.

Nope, absolute garbage offer. GARBAGE.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I remember Tim Murray's response to cap floor worries. Oh no, I need to overpay for garbage on 1-year deals? Done. Taking back salary is never a need.

I don’t think Adams wants to do that.

I think Adams might have a 2 yr plan in salary structure being above the floor with mainly younger players.

he isn’t taking cap dumps in an Eichel trade,

TF1970

May 9, 2021
if i'm another GM, no way i am making a deal for eichel until i see him back playing real games to ensure he actually gets back to 100%. what if this injury is serious enough where it continues to linger so hes levels below what he was prior (which IMO is a top 10 offensive player)?? not taking that chance given what the return will be.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
if i'm another GM, no way i am making a deal for eichel until i see him back playing real games to ensure he actually gets back to 100%. what if this injury is serious enough where it continues to linger so hes levels below what he was prior (which IMO is a top 10 offensive player)?? not taking that chance given what the return will be.

Once a trade in principle is agreed upon, teams will have the ability to view all of Jack's medical records, speak to his doctors, allow their doctors to review all medical information and make a judgement call. I'm also 100% certain that team doctors have been in close contact with Eichel's medical team (the ones outside of Buffalo's organization) getting a better picture of the injury, the options and doing their own research/investigation

There's zero chance Eichel makes it to training camp in Buffalo.

There's also a zero percent chance any team makes this trade without knowledge if Eichel will be on team on opening night, 20 games in, or will miss the entire 2021-2022 season.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
Once a trade in principle is agreed upon, teams will have the ability to view all of Jack's medical records, speak to his doctors, allow their doctors to review all medical information and make a judgement call. I'm also 100% certain that team doctors have been in close contact with Eichel's medical team (the ones outside of Buffalo's organization) getting a better picture of the injury, the options and doing their own research/investigation

There's zero chance Eichel makes it to training camp in Buffalo.

There's also a zero percent chance any team makes this trade without knowledge if Eichel will be on team on opening night, 20 games in, or will miss the entire 2021-2022 season.

i agree with what you're saying and especially the fact that no way he's still on the team come open of camps. i'm just saying my personal opinion, regardless of what doctors say, i want to see the proof in the pudding first - that being him in real games again.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
buffalo:
-Mctavish
-2022 1st (top 5 protected), moves to unprotected 2023…. This condition is only necessary if eichel has to miss time this year
-Lacombe
- Tracey/Lundy/steel
-2022 oilers 1st

oilers(or any team looking for winger/top 4 rhd)
Rakell or Manson @ 50%

ducks
Eichel
benson

Winger prospect from Rakell or Manson trade, in this case benson

Sabres get 2 more 2022 1sts, plus mctavish as “premium” assets, lacombe is an underrated prospect on the back end and could end up like the girard of the trade…. And a b lvl forward prospect of some sort. The 3rd team is added to the move to add asset to the trade for Buffalo…. Could be Rakell or Manson depending on the team.
Anaheim gives up: Rakell , 1st, mctavish, lacombe and Tracey(or Lundy/steel/groulx/Jones etc) for eichel

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Eichel to anyone for anything.

The neck surgery is what is causing the delay in this trade being completed.

If he were healthy he'd already been traded.

Combo of price and uncertainty = No one giving in to the price Buffalo is looking for.

If that Minny deal above was really offered to Buffalo, Eichel would be a Wild... unless Buff asked for more in which case good luck.

Let's not forget with a 10 mill cap hit Buffalo also needs to take back some salary. A package of prospects and picks only severely decreases your suitors.

I offer KK + Drouin + Norlinder + 2022 2nd and 2023 1st.

The 1st is for 2023 because the Habs will host the draft in 2022 and also there's a good chance Eichel misses a big chunk of the 2021 season due to the surgery.

If that's a no go or you find a better deal elsewhere, so be it.

And I'll counter with if Buffalo didn't feel confident in Eichel's health he also would have been traded by now.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
If Minnesota is going to be horrible why would they get in on the Eichel sweepstakes and mortgage their future?

Not buying that at all.
They need to win next year. They have 12.6M in dead cap in 2023. If they manage to sign everyone now they are going to have to unload contracts the following season. Its a really bad situation for them with the buyouts. Thats the year they could really shit the bed with or without Eichel.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
buffalo:
-Mctavish
-2022 1st (top 5 protected), moves to unprotected 2023…. This condition is only necessary if eichel has to miss time this year
-Lacombe
- Tracey/Lundy/steel
-2022 oilers 1st

oilers(or any team looking for winger/top 4 rhd)
Rakell or Manson @ 50%

ducks
Eichel
benson

Winger prospect from Rakell or Manson trade, in this case benson

Sabres get 2 more 2022 1sts, plus mctavish as “premium” assets, lacombe is an underrated prospect on the back end and could end up like the girard of the trade…. And a b lvl forward prospect of some sort. The 3rd team is added to the move to add asset to the trade for Buffalo…. Could be Rakell or Manson depending on the team.
Anaheim gives up: Rakell , 1st, mctavish, lacombe and Tracey(or Lundy/steel/groulx/Jones etc) for eichel

Anaheim is out the second they used their 3OA. Horrible pick that early.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
They need to win next year. They have 12.6M in dead cap in 2023. If they manage to sign everyone now they are going to have to unload contracts the following season. Its a really bad situation for them with the buyouts. Thats the year they could really shit the bed with or without Eichel.
If they've set themselves up that poorly for 2022-25 (which isn't impossible) there's roughly zero chance that they actually trade for Eichel. They're not going to push all those chips in on a guy that might not even play until half way through next season.

Reactions: 5 Minute Major

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Get it over with already. At this point I couldn't care less where he ends up, just pull the trigger!

would prefer player's rights be recognized, superseding other aspects

that said, yes, I welcome an end to this maddening distraction as long as it is not to NYR period/esp for bluest blue chips

ayrton2388

May 23, 2014
Anaheim is out the second they used their 3OA. Horrible pick that early.

Why? With Powers gone, it was the player they wanted, and he would've been gone by the 5th pick if they had traded down. Anaheim needs centers with top 6 potential, and that's exactly what they got.

Also, if Anaheim were in on Eichel, they sure as hell aren't now. I think 3rd OA on this draft is more valuable than a 10-15 pick next year, especially considering Buffalo had their eyes on someone like Eklund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad