Speculation: Eichel: Do we want/need him? .....Who/what would you trade?

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Well???

Here's my stupid trade suggestion. It assumes we want/need Eichel. Take it or leave it..... or modify it!!!

TO BUFFALO:

Kempe (LW, RW) ...24 yrs. old......$2 million this season & RFA next season
Kupari (LW, C, RW) ...21 yrs. old...$863,333 this season & next season & RFA thereafter
Wagner (LW, RW) ...24 yrs. old.....$1,133,333 this season & next season & RFA thereafter

Walker (RD) ...26 yrs. old...............$2,650,000 for the next three seasons and then UFA thereafter

1st round pick in 2023 (should this be conditional upon Eichel's health? Dunno...)

The total cap space above = $6,646, 666

***maybe*** add Madden??? (this is for peeps who suggest that the stuff I've listed above is "not enough"...)

TO LOS ANGELES:

Eichel
(C) ...24 yrs. old...............@ $1.5 million retained, or $8.5 million for the next five seasons, then UFA thereafter

3rd round pick in 2022

4th round pick in 2023

BTW, YES, the Cap thing would fit. Because we already have $2,737,912 in Cap Space, the following math is what applies (mostly!):

$6,646,666 (what is saved by moving Kempe, Kupari, Walker, & Wagner)
$2,737,912 (current Cap Space)

The summation is $9,384,578

$9,384,578 - $8,500,000 = $884,578 Cap Space

SUE ME!!!

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Will probably take a lot more than that to get Eichel, but if this was the cost, I'd do it for sure.

Reactions: steepdrop

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Then what would be? Thanks!!!
Start with Turcotte, Kempe, and at least 2 first round picks and go from there. If a similar offer to what you posted was all it took, Eichel would have been traded a long time ago. The Kings don't get Eichel without trading a top prospect, and Kupari isn't even a top 5 for the Kings at this point

Reactions: BringTheReign

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Start with Turcotte, Kempe, and at least 2 first round picks and go from there. If a similar offer to what you posted was all it took, Eichel would have been traded a long time ago. The Kings don't get Eichel without trading a top prospect, and Kupari isn't even a top 5 for the Kings at this point

Thing is, Kupari would be the best prospect in an NHL team's prospect pool about 21 times out of 32 . It's just that we happen to have the NHL's best/deepest prospect pool.

TWO firsts? That's doable.

Turcotte? Maybe!!! LoL, would Turcotte's appendix be part of the deal?

I'm wondering if the current "hotness" of Chromiak could be capitalized upon. That and a good, Jedi Mind Trick......

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

SUE ME!!!
My lawyer will be in touch

I have major problems with this whole thing.

1) The Sabres aren't going to take your proposal. They are going to want a future #1 center in return.
2) We won't have the money for 3 $10+ mil players for long
3) We have enough centers to knock over a small child
4) We aren't ready to win a cup yet, I would consider this in 2-3 years
5) Eichel comes off to me like a selfish player that we don't want to expose our impressionable youth to

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
I don't even care where Eichel goes anymore, just hoping it's sooner than later

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
... 2) We won't have the money for 3 $10+ mil players for long ...

That would be the reason I had the Sabres retaining $1.5 in my deal, to turn Eichel into an $8.5 million player.

...1) The Sabres aren't going to take your proposal. They are going to want a future #1 center in return. ...

I'll be sure to let Mr. Kupari know just how much faith you have in him! :biglaugh:

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
My lawyer will be in touch

I have major problems with this whole thing.

1) The Sabres aren't going to take your proposal. They are going to want a future #1 center in return.
2) We won't have the money for 3 $10+ mil players for long
3) We have enough centers to knock over a small child
4) We aren't ready to win a cup yet, I would consider this in 2-3 years
5) Eichel comes off to me like a selfish player that we don't want to expose our impressionable youth to

We have enough to knock a child over, enough for another group to pick them up, and enough for another to knock him over again!

Reactions: Lt Dan

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
I really think the ship has sailed. If the Kings really wanted him, they could have gotten him.

But to just play along.

not taking the money/cap part of it into consideration (and that is a BIG consideration)

I would offer no more than the following:

Turcotte, 2023 1st (Top 5 protected) and Kempe.

and Buffalo is going to want more, so again a moot point.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Turcotte, Bjornfot, and a couple of firsts would get it done. It would be a steep price.

ricardfromage

"You wanted the Germs, you get em"
Mar 5, 2020
paradise
Pre injury? I would love to have a healthy Eichel on our team but not so much now. I can think of a couple of reasons here, One if made to be healthy today his value would be too high according to most pundits and 2 if his neck isn't fixed then why bother?

I think that in Byfield and Turcotte we have a better C pairing than having one Eichel in one short season anyways. With Valardi Byfield Turcotte Madden Kupari JAD Lizard and the rest we are very very deep down the middle and while we all know that a few of these guys will be moved to the wing (I am looking at you Madden and Kupari as well as possibly Gabe) we will still be crazy deep in that position. No reason to go after Eichel. We have waited 6 years for our time to start getting back to our rightful place at the top of the NHL. I think we should give Blake one more year for his version of a 5 year plan and not move any of our kids until we see what we have.

If we don't get close to there this season then FIRE Blake and go out and get a GM like Mike Futa to get us back to the promised land. Dealing away any of our kids just yet for a player who himself doesn't want to play until he has had neck surgery is foolish.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gjwrams

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I still don’t want him anywhere near our dressing room, even if he were fit. His ‘leadership’ is very much part of the problem in Buffalo and his recent tweet is the latest example. He’s now changed his agent, I guess blaming him for everything now, even though his agent worked for him. He can’t now hide from the bad PR, it’s on him.

I still don’t get how people complain about out leadership group but want to add Eichel, it’s a complete juxtaposition.

Looking purely on ice, our assets are much better used on a LHD.

Reactions: ricardfromage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad