Confirmed with Link: Eichel + 3rd (23) to VGK for, Tuch, Krebs, 1st (22) 2nd(23)

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Sabres have a couple of prospects on the Wolverines (namely Power), but Brisson plays there too. I would imagine they've seen quite a bit of him.

If Buffalo sits Eichel tonight against Anaheim, things are definitely about to go down. o_O

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Friedman on the Marek podcast today: 'We thought something might happen with Jack Eichel. Are they any closer?' I do think Buffalo and Vegas are talking very seriously...I do think I think the Sabres and Golden Knights are really trying (to get this done)

David Schoen on the LVRJ podcast today: 'a well connected source told me today there could be movement, and to be ready'

Sounds like Eichel could be a Golden Knight by the weekend, unless Calgary ups their offer.

Last edited:

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
If a deal hasn't been announced by gametime it will be pretty telling depending on the lineup. Can't imagine risking whatever salary we're sending out getting hurt tonight.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
My guess :

NYR to Buffalo: Kravtsov
Buffalo to VGK: Eichel, Caliggiula + goalie
VGK to NYR: Smith
VGK to Buffalo: Brisson+Thompson+Elvenes+Hague
and a lot of conditional picks

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021

Sabres have a couple of prospects on the Wolverines (namely Power), but Brisson plays there too. I would imagine they've seen quite a bit of him.

If Buffalo sits Eichel tonight against Anaheim, things are definitely about to go down. o_O

:huh:

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
My guess :

NYR to Buffalo: Kravtsov
Buffalo to VGK: Eichel, Caliggiula + goalie
VGK to NYR: Smith
VGK to Buffalo: Brisson+Thompson+Elvenes+Hague
and a lot of conditional picks
For my money substitute Lehner for Thompson and elevate Brossoit to #1 backed up by Thompson or whatever goalie Sabres are sending. I'm OK with the rest.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Giving up the farm for an Eichel who may never be the same is a gamble I don't wish to take. Much rather stay the course with what we have, possibly add a Hertl (if SJ is out of it) at the TDL. As to the fact that we may well be out of contention by February if Stone, Patches are out so long-term, Eichel does not change that since he's kaput until at least then. Keep in mind, Eichel failed his physical.
That's how I feel about it also. The VGK have two problems: (1) injuries, but they are slowly getting healthy, and (2) Spott, who doesn't seem to have any ability at all to coach a scoring PP. Trading depth -- the VGK's best advantage -- for Eichel doesn't solve either of those problems. Also, as far as any personnel change goes, we may have a need for a better goalie than Lehner who is inconsistent, to be kind.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Friedman on 32 thoughts first thing they say is "talks have cooled down."

These Friedman/Dreger-isms are hilarious.

It heats up and then cools
It's quiet, which means something is about to happen
Everything could change with one phone call

Meanwhile a better explanation of the timeline is that if there's a deadline for Buffalo, it sounds like Eichel's camp wants it done by this weekend before they file a grievance with the NHLPA. Just as important, 50k of Eichel's remaining cap hit ticks off every day. That's a lot, especially for Vegas. By Mon/Tues he'll be at a 9M remaining cap hit on the season.

Interestingly enough, with Patches on LTIR Vegas is close to 9M available if they send the 3 kids down to the AHL. You would think Buffalo would LTIR him before trading him, but maybe they can't until he gets his surgery.

Having said all that, if cap was such a concern, they would have waited to sign Hutton.

Brian Blessing made an interesting point: Vegas sometimes waits for long road trips to make big changes (firing Gallant).

but the funniest thing to take away from all of this is that eichel is German slang for dickhead. :laugh: (or acorn. Use your imagination)

Last edited:

Haguerbomb

HOCKEY BELONGS IN THE DESERT
Oct 5, 2019
These Friedman/Dreger-isms are hilarious.

It heats up and then cools
It's quiet, which means something is about to happen
Everything could change with one phone call

Meanwhile a better explanation of the timeline is that if there's a deadline for Buffalo, it sounds like Eichel's camp wants it done by this weekend before they file a grievance with the NHLPA. Just as important, 50k of Eichel's remaining cap hit ticks off every day. That's a lot, especially for Vegas. By Mon/Tues he'll be at a 9M remaining cap hit on the season.

Interestingly enough, with Patches on LTIR Vegas is close to 9M available if they send the 3 kids down to the AHL. You would think Buffalo would LTIR him before trading him, but maybe they can't until he gets his surgery.

Having said all that, if cap was such a concern, they would have waited to sign Hutton.

Brian Blessing made an interesting point: Vegas sometimes waits for long road trips to make big changes (firing Gallant).

but the funniest thing to take away from all of this is that eichel is German slang for dickhead. :laugh: (or acorn. Use your imagination)

It sounds like our losses to the Isles, Blues and Oilers made them think we were headed for a losing season and finally offered up Krebs.

I think if we lost to the Stars and Avs, then Eichel would be for sure 100% a knight right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad