Ehlers vs. Rantanen

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
Both are very talented and TOP 6F with different skill sets. But Rantanen has started more promising than Ehlers by being the best goal scorer of his team in his rookie season and now broke magical 70 pts which is not every day cake for Finns.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Hmm.. I’m gonna go with the younger, bigger and better player. Thought Ehlers contract is as good as you could possibly get it’s hard to pin point Rantanens price tag. Depending on what Rantanen signs for I’m gonna pick him unless he finds himself in a 8.5m or over contract. These second fiddle(Elite level players looking better because of a certain franchise level player) players getting overpaid(nearly Crosby money) is really something that could ruin they’re teams.

Reactions: MVPGoon

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Surprised anyone's voted for Ehlers. This one is Rantanen AINEC.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
It is all depends what you want, Beer or Koskenkorva, a danish or finish licorice, tango or supporters beating referees
Make your choice =)

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Rantanen without a doubt. He already has 70pts while Ehlers might not even hit 60

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Rantanen without a question eventhough I almost hoped it wasn't as it's not him who plays with Laine. Mikko's season speaks in it's own behalf however and there aren't many who don't pale in comparison, so it's not a knock against anyone. By the way does anyone still remember the Rantanen vs Nylander debates? Wonder if the Joffrey fans still feel the same way (or how a new poll would look like). :D

Reactions: Ippenator

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Both terrific players, one Danish; the other Finnish.

I am a big fan of Ehlers, but I gotta go with Mikko here. He's so dynamic and then to top it off he's a beast of a kid at 6'4" 211 LBS.

He's already at 70 points, Ehlers has never hit 70 in his career (came close last year with 64 points...similar totals regarding goals and assists)...but the playoffs is where it's at and I feel Rantanen would be a huge asset to have (pun intended) in the playoffs.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Well, this poll is one example ;)
Yes because pretty much the only people who rate him at all are on this board. How many games have you seen from Mikko to even know the differences between these two? Wanna give some reasons why you think one is underrated and one is overrated? Because your favorite is losing the poll?

MarVell

Jan 10, 2014
Yes because pretty much the only people who rate him at all are on this board. How many games have you seen from Mikko to even know the differences between these two? Wanna give some reasons why you think one is underrated and one is overrated? Because your favorite is losing the poll?

Ehlers is definitely not my favorite, though a very good player.

I don’t think Rantanen is on the same tier as ehlers, Nylander, pastrnak, draisatl and the likes, and people talking about him like he’s some kind of superstar makes him overrated IMO.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

I don’t think Rantanen is on the same tier as ehlers, Nylander, pastrnak, draisatl and the likes, and people talking about him like he’s some kind of superstar makes him overrated IMO.

Posts like this just illustrate how badly Rantanen is still under-rated by many

Reactions: Jarey Curry

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013

He is outscoring every single player you just listed. He has 20 more points than Nylander in two fewer games lmao!!

Reactions: Ippenator

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo

And what makes you think so?

MarVell

Jan 10, 2014
He is outscoring every single player you just listed. He has 20 more points than Nylander in two fewer games lmao!!

He’s having a great year I admit that. But you can’t just look at points to determine who’s better.
I also don’t think he’ll repeat this next year.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Hmm.. I’m gonna go with the younger, bigger and better player. Thought Ehlers contract is as good as you could possibly get it’s hard to pin point Rantanens price tag. Depending on what Rantanen signs for I’m gonna pick him unless he finds himself in a 8.5m or over contract. These second fiddle(Elite level players looking better because of a certain franchise level player) players getting overpaid(nearly Crosby money) is really something that could ruin they’re teams.

I can see Rantanen signing something similar. Like the Jets, Colorado is in a good position to leverage the fact that their star center is on a sweetheart deal. Hard for lesser players to argue they deserve more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad