Ehlers vs Marner & Nylander

Who will finish the season with more goals, Ehlers or Marner and Nylander?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CujosMask

Nov 24, 2017
Remember last year.

Nylander AINEC

Nylander - 8 goals
Ehlers - 17 goals

Connor can’t hold Marners jock strap

Marner - 5 goals
Connor - 13 goals

The leafs as a team are miles ahead of the jets.

Leafs - 50 points
Jets - 55 points

hahahahaha

yea guy Connor is definitely better than Marner

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
hahahahaha

yea guy Connor is definitely better than Marner

Anyone that gives a definitive answer either way is a little silly. Ehlers and Marner are pretty darn close as are Nylander and Connor. No way I'd bet money on ranking the 4 of them in point production next season

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Ehlers is great

He also already signed a long term contract.
With his play and upward trend that will be a bargain next to Schiefele.

Nylander and Marner are both great also

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I like both Ehlers and Nylander. Both great skaters who can really break a game open.
Not really sold on Marner. Too easily knocked off the puck.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Man, if I hated a franchise because a few posters said some biased things, I wouldn't like any of them. Learn to ignore the louder ones.

good point

its pretty ironic though that the jets fans are the new oilers fans yet they havent even made the playoffs.
they will never get over matthews being better than laine, so it will be schiefele,ehlers,trouba etc in any slanted poll they can think of to ease the pain

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
good point

its pretty ironic though that the jets fans are the new oilers fans yet they havent even made the playoffs.
they will never get over matthews being better than laine, so it will be schiefele,ehlers,trouba etc in any slanted poll they can think of to ease the pain
Did you not say you were leaving?

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
good point

HaHa, slanted pole 1vs2!

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
good point

Most of us don't give a **** about Matthews - trust me.
I'd also prefer to look at what is happening now rather than the past - doesn't that really make more sense?
And speaking of slanted poles - if I had a nickle for everyone you guys throw up comparing your players, coach, GM, franchise, etc to the rest of the world . . .
Pain - what pain? No pain in Wpg that I'm aware of.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
By the end of the year it'll be the leafs duo. Ehlers has slowed down substantially, but he's still the best of the 3 Imo.

Gurilla

former goal scorer
Jan 28, 2015
Winnipeg
good point

My guy the poll is 1 vs 2, slanted for who? :laugh:

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
EvMN.jpg

Here is a nice chart that shows the goal scoring during the season so far.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Now if goals were indication of a players value as NHL it would be Ehlers.

Chart this. Defensemen, Ryan McDonagh zero goals this season. Roman Polak two goals this season. Maybe the Leaf should trade Polak for McDonagh but Rangers would have to add.:sarcasm:

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Now if goals were indication of a players value as NHL it would be Ehlers.

Chart this. Defensemen, Ryan McDonagh zero goals this season. Roman Polak two goals this season. Maybe the Leaf should trade Polak for McDonagh but Rangers would have to add.:sarcasm:

Who mentioned anything about value? This thread and poll is about most goals?

I will say expectations of the 3 wingers Ehlers, Marner and Nylander and how you value them is a different set of metrics then how one values defencemen though. Weird comparison.

Did you see the chart though?

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Who mentioned anything about value? This thread and poll is about most goals?

I will say expectations of the 3 wingers Ehlers, Marner and Nylander and how you value them is a different set of metrics then how one values defencemen though. Weird comparison.

Did you see the chart though?

President Nyland Trump: Yes, I did see your chart. Sorta, just gave the McDonagh/Polak comparison as a diversion. Kinda like fake news. Thought you'd appreciate it sir.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
5G.jpg
President Nyland Trump: Yes, I did see your chart. Sorta, just gave the McDonagh/Polak comparison as a diversion. Kinda like fake news. Thought you'd appreciate it sir.

You know I hate fake news!

Here is another chart that shows frequency/timing of scoring.

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
Coronating 20/21 year old comparable players based off of half a season of play is a bit daft - threads like these just turn into “bump bait”. It’s fine having a debate on who you think is better/will be better, but the self-assurance that “our guy” is 100% better and it’s impossible that the other guy could be better is ridiculous.

Reactions: Raging Bull

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Remember last year.

Nylander AINEC

Nylander - 8 goals
Ehlers - 17 goals

Connor can’t hold Marners jock strap

Marner - 5 goals
Connor - 13 goals

The leafs as a team are miles ahead of the jets.

Leafs - 50 points
Jets - 55 points

Hmmmmmmmmm I think you've forgotten about one topic of debate from last season and I can't imagine why. Also maybe one person said Nylander AINEC over Ehlers, same with the Leafs v Jets overall comparison, Marner over Connor was a widespread opinion with good reason, but sure lets all upvote the guy dumping on Leaf fans because hf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad