Elks: Edmonton Eskimos Part 4: Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Your favorite player and mine Nik (the dick) Lewis has signed in Montreal.

SJ Green: 30, Fred Stamps: 33, Nik Lewis: 33, Giguere: 30, London: 30, Johnson: 36, Deslauriers: 34.

That's a pretty elderly group.

The Esks have signed a few receivers with NFL credentials.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Your favorite player and mine Nik (the dick) Lewis has signed in Montreal.

SJ Green: 30, Fred Stamps: 33, Nik Lewis: 33, Giguere: 30, London: 30, Johnson: 36, Deslauriers: 34.

That's a pretty elderly group.

The Esks have signed a few receivers with NFL credentials.

I want names! :p:

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I think MoneyGuy is like Darren Dreger. Just pulling you along for the ride ;) :sarcasm:

I have names of seven receivers who are expected to be at camp, some of whom are not announced yet. Not sure if that qualifies me as Dreger. No, I'm not posting them.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Edmonton Eskimos ‏@EdmontonEsks · 7m7 minutes ago
BREAKING: #Esks QB Pat White announces his retirement #CFL

So, uh, that happened.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Edmonton Eskimos ‏@EdmontonEsks · 7m7 minutes ago
BREAKING: #Esks QB Pat White announces his retirement #CFL

So, uh, that happened.

Probably concussion related. He had some very serious concussion problems when he was with Miami.

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
Too bad for Pat White. He was actually pretty useful coming in to finish off drives or to mix things up. Think this has to be a concussion related thing, all the best to him in the future.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
I can't get the esks website to work on my phone and can't find info elsewhere right now.. I was wondering what season seats cost for the eskimos. Anybody have an idea of what the range typically is for a season? I'd hope to get lower bowl if possible next season but am flexible.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I can't get the esks website to work on my phone and can't find info elsewhere right now.. I was wondering what season seats cost for the eskimos. Anybody have an idea of what the range typically is for a season? I'd hope to get lower bowl if possible next season but am flexible.
http://esks.io-media.com/

Lower bowl ranges from $210 to $605. Upper deck ranges from $245 to $469.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
The Esks are heavily recruiting CBs but I'm still surprised that Burnett was cut.

WayneGreatzky

Nov 26, 2014
Edmonton
what do you guys think of the proposed rule changes?

I dislike them, personally.

I especially hate the 3 point convert idea.

for those that haven't read about the proposed changes for this season...
http://www.cfl.ca/article/shell-offensive-pass-interference-now-reviewable

Just as long as penalties are WAY down to respectable levels again and I'm a happy camper :)

Remember that game against the Argos?... what was it like 20-some penalties called on the Eskies in a single game. It was gross.

WayneGreatzky

Nov 26, 2014
Edmonton
He's here and will be back as far as I know.

white-kid-dance-club.gif

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
what do you guys think of the proposed rule changes?

I dislike them, personally.

I especially hate the 3 point convert idea.

for those that haven't read about the proposed changes for this season...
http://www.cfl.ca/article/shell-offensive-pass-interference-now-reviewable

The three point convert is just stupid. Want no part of that. I don't mind moving the goalposts around literally to make it more appealing for teams to run for the 2 pt convert and dissuading the automatic converts by kicking from farther out.

Converts are a big nothing play as it is. Time to grab a beer is about it. Nothing happening there and no reason not to change it. Really my whole life of watching football I've wondered why the convert even exists. Biggest nothing play in pro sports.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
The three point convert is just stupid. Want no part of that. I don't mind moving the goalposts around literally to make it more appealing for teams to run for the 2 pt convert and dissuading the automatic converts by kicking from farther out.

Converts are a big nothing play as it is. Time to grab a beer is about it. Nothing happening there and no reason not to change it. Really my whole life of watching football I've wondered why the convert even exists. Biggest nothing play in pro sports.

I always liked a little hand fighting down the field on passing plays. sterilizing that will suck, too.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I always liked a little hand fighting down the field on passing plays. sterilizing that will suck, too.

Its a hard call. Sometimes the problem is the rule, sometimes the problem is in how hard it will be to call the rule. In my experience the rules that have thresholds or you can hold this long, are likely to be very arbitrarily or subjectively applied. Rules that are concrete and absolute like NO CONTACT, are easier to enforce.

Trouble with the CFL rule is that you could bump, and have contact at the line but with how long you could do that and how hard being seemingly enforced randomly. For instance if a powerful DB actually knocks a guy down with the initial contact that is supposed to be allowed he gets a penalty. That's like penalizing a guy for being good..

I dunno. I hate arbitrary calls. PI calls being the worst. Don't allow ANY contact and its actually easier to call and a pure track meet. That's OK imo, but the unfair part is that when any rules change occurs it essentially makes some players better, some worse.

I think theres too much tinkering to that end

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
well at least they voted no to the 3 point rule. I'm good with that.

will be interesting to watch 32 yard convert attempts. going to be tons of 2 point attempts this year. thank god we don't have kavis reed making those decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad