Elks: Edmonton Eskimos Part 4: Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Gord asked in the closed thread if anyone will attend the home playoff game so I have to reply here. I'll be there, just as I've been at every home game for the last almost 30 years when I'm not away. I love CFL 'ball. It looks likely that the Lions will be our opponent and I expect a much bigger fight from them in two weeks. I'm jacked for this last weekend because there are a few spots to be determined and the playoffs look more interesting than they have in a few years.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Nichols to get the start this weekend, as per Esks Twitter feed. I'd start Reilly and give him a quarter then play Nichols, but I don't mind this. I hope Reilly gets some on-field time also. Keep him sharp and pull in the reins on the running.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Nichols to get the start this weekend, as per Esks Twitter feed. I'd start Reilly and give him a quarter then play Nichols, but I don't mind this. I hope Reilly gets some on-field time also. Keep him sharp and pull in the reins on the running.

Good to hear. i thought that Jones made an error in judgement by playing Reilly in the 4th quarter against the Lions.

Any word on his ankle?

Last edited:

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Good to hear. i thought that Jones made an error in judgement by playing Reilly in the 4th quarter against the Lions.

Any word on his ankle?

His ankle isn't serious. It's part of the reason for giving him rest but it's mostly to protect him for when the bullets are flying for real.

I'm more interested in knowing if Nanook will be game ready Saturday. :)

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
His ankle isn't serious. It's part of the reason for giving him rest but it's mostly to protect him for when the bullets are flying for real.

I'm more interested in knowing if Nanook will be game ready Saturday. :)

Sorry to hear that Nanook is under the weather.

That could be costly. :D

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
If the weather is good, say just above zero, then I will be going to the playoff game. If it was Calgary I would go in a blizzard.

And speaking of Calgary, if we make it to the finals and win that, I imagine that West Jet will be flooded with booked flights that Sunday night for the following week, as well as Vancouver hotels overrun. If our boys make it, I'm definitely going to do what I can to get tickets and make my way down there.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010

I hope that Reilly isn't even allowed to wear his helmet for this last game. He can take the week as bye week. If something happens to Nichols again, then put in White. This is a no-brainer. If something happens to White, go to the Wildcat. I'm not the biggest Reilly fan but he gives the team the best chance to win. Nichols had some chances but he wasn't successful. We can't trust Reilly to avoid taking hits, he is his own worst enemy.

Comic Book Guy*

Come on Esks! Let's do this!

kemeIYy.gif

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
They should start White.

Dude deserves a look over Nichols, who has shown nothing.

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
I am genuinely excited for the playoffs this year! We have a shot, although I think Calgary and the east team in the final are obviously real threats.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
so who do we want to play in the semi? riders or BC?

BC holds the tie breaker with SK, so if we beat the riders, then we face BC for sure... if the riders win, then they need some help from calgary... gotta figure that calgary will be resting all their starters as well though

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
so who do we want to play in the semi? riders or BC?

BC holds the tie breaker with SK, so if we beat the riders, then we face BC for sure... if the riders win, then they need some help from calgary... gotta figure that calgary will be resting all their starters as well though

I'm comfortable with Esks winning either matchup but based on the last game I'm hoping they'll be facing BC.

The Esks had a significant edge on both sides of the ball and special teams.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yeah, do not want to face Riders with the possibility of Durant back.

BC would be a favourable matchup.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Yeah, do not want to face Riders with the possibility of Durant back.

BC would be a favourable matchup.

Durant should be the only reason that SK would have a chance, but stranger things have happened in the CFL. If it is the Riders the 50/50 will be worth more.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I'm worried Reilly is hurt.
there is all the talk about a "tweaked" ankle which Jones said is nothing.
but when it comes to injuries, we can't trust what the Jones era esks say.

Jones would tell us this guy just has a flesh wound.

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
I'm worried Reilly is hurt.
there is all the talk about a "tweaked" ankle which Jones said is nothing.
but when it comes to injuries, we can't trust what the Jones era esks say.

Jones would tell us this guy just has a flesh wound.

Who was the talk from? After the game Reilly said he had a bruised foot.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
my guess, is that reilly is indeed hurt, but that he'll attempt to play on it either way... i can't see him not playing, unless its broken or something... it's how effective he will be is the question

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
my guess, is that reilly is indeed hurt, but that he'll attempt to play on it either way... i can't see him not playing, unless its broken or something... it's how effective he will be is the question

and it bugs me because he shouldn't have been in the game so long.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

This is more my concern and like I said in the other thread no way Reilly should have been playing well into a blowout the Leos didn't even care about. The one thing the Lions wanted was knocking Reilly out.

jones really screwed up there.

The one part of him I don't like is his stubborn obstinancy (holy ironic batman...) but with that applied to the running of a pro sports org.

I wouldn't expect any such org to hire me to run things either.. When Jones gets an idea in his head its inflexible regardless of results. Whether its running stupid ill advised gambles and stunts or involving game personnel decisions. Jones confounds what would be sensible decisions by instead overthinking them.

For instance we went for that fake punt gamble on our 30yd line because this is an aggressive team..

Rationale that is nonsense and it sometimes is with Jones.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
when even Jones admits Reilly has an injury, it is serious.

Did he ever give an explanation as to why Reilly was still playing in the late stages of a blowout game?
his biggest blunder this year, and it could cost Edmonton a competitive chance to get to the cup.

I don't think the biggest Jones fan can justify that decision. idiocy, pure and simple.
Replacement is right about his stubborn obstinancy that blinds him from sometimes making the correct decision.

I'm really mad about the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad