Elks: Edmonton Eskimos Part 4: Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Good that they cut him now. He was just not totally reliable enough. Hufnagel won coach of the year, can't really dispute that.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Ouch!

Maybe I was high when I typed that. Yeah, I'll go with that. :D

It was a Freudian slip. Could happen to anybody. High is a little different looking kind of guy. Not sure what it is... :D

Who are we replacing him with or does it matter? Most of the time this guy looked like he was learning how to kick a football. Still didn't even have approach, angles, down pat. :amazed:

Was like watching high school ball.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I was at an event three weeks ago in a Stamps jersey and talked to Len Rhodes. Rhodes said he looked forward to seeing Fred at training camp. I told him that Stamps has played his last game as an Eskimo. Maybe Len also felt that but didn't want to say anything.

The new guy we got is tall, about 6-4 and 225 pounds, I think. I hope he's also a speedster. He's had a look in the NFL. They also look ready to announce they've signed a receiver out of TCU.

please tell me it was a fred stamps jersey and not a Calgary stamps jersey.
please!
:)

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
In terms of the team on the field in the year 2015, I see Coach Himebauch's departure having a bigger impact than that of Fred Stamps.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
any news on eskimo front on free agent signing day?

The Edmonton Eskimos have signed national offensive lineman Alexander Krausnick.

The four-year Canadian Football League veteran left Edmonton last season after being selected by Ottawa in the second round of the expansion draft. He dressed for all 18 games in 2014.

In 2013, Krausnick signed with the Green and Gold as a free agent and dressed for nine games at centre.

He was originally selected by the Saskatchewan greenwhites in the fourth round (27th overall) of the 2011 CFL Canadian Draft. In two seasons, he dressed in 30 games as backup offensive lineman and saw action on special teams as a short snapper.

Prior to entering the league, he spent four seasons with the Calgary Dinos. He twice played in the Vanier Cup and was named a Canada West All-Star.

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
Don't think Curran was all that impressive last season. Is he better than Sherritt? Maybe. Sherritt is pretty solid if he's healthy, but he seems to be hurt a lot lately and that's the main issue.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Don't think Curran was all that impressive last season. Is he better than Sherritt? Maybe. Sherritt is pretty solid if he's healthy, but he seems to be hurt a lot lately and that's the main issue.
\

Curran's at least just as good as Sherritt. Tough loss.

McOilers4cup

Finally
Jul 14, 2007
High Hopes
really want Rennie Curran back. just my opinion, but I think he's better than Sherritt.

@CFL_News: #Esks GM Ed Hervey tells @Dave_CHED that LB @RennieCurran53 will not be back. #CFL

@JasonGregor: "I like Rennie. It is not personal. It is simply economics. We have Deon Lacey who we feel is ready to play more." Hervey #CFL

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
If true, Curran would be a big loss. I also think he's better than Sherritt. Let's get Lawrence signed.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
If true, Curran would be a big loss. I also think he's better than Sherritt. Let's get Lawrence signed.

we agree with something :)
most football fans I know said the same thing.

add in the fact the sherritt doesn't stay healthy, and I think the esks let the wrong player go. they should have cut sherritt.

this is going to bite them on the butt badly next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad