Elks: Edmonton Es---Elks--2022 thread 1-(Jones is back)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
There is winning then everything else is a far second. Jones is butt hurt because Jones didn't kiss his ass.

Jones, Spector, and Rishaug are the three cornerstones of whiny media members that immediately throw a tantrum when they perceive their access to be not quite up to snuff or the player/coaches answers to not be just what they want. Can't remember exactly who it was (I think Spector), but they threw a tantrum when media first got access restricted due to COVID in early March 2020 for god's sake. Honorable mention to Derek Van Diest in this regard as well.

My eyes really get rolling when the complaints come and they start trying to spin it as an affront to journalistic standards or some BS.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Jones, Spector, and Rishaug are the three cornerstones of whiny media members that immediately throw a tantrum when they perceive their access to be not quite up to snuff or the player/coaches answers to not be just what they want. Can't remember exactly who it was (I think Spector), but they threw a tantrum when media first got access restricted due to COVID in early March 2020 for god's sake. Honorable mention to Derek Van Diest in this regard as well.

My eyes really get rolling when the complaints come and they start trying to spin it as an affront to journalistic standards or some BS.
*liked

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Really happy with this hire. I'm confident that winning will return to Edmonton with Jones in charge. I'm also going to predict something most will disagree with, I think Jones will be here long term. He's a CFL coach, of course he moved around lots for better pay and opportunity. Here in Edmonton he gets full autonomy, a big budget, and stability now that he's taken the chance to pursue an opportunity in the NFL. Don't get me wrong if he leaves in 2 years I won't be shocked but I suspect with little opportunities for advancement, growth, and him getting older, that he settles down. A guy can also only do what he's done so many times and in regards to the CFL there is no better gig. I didn't like the way he left but I said it then and I'll say it again, if Chris Jones is a good man he'll have done what's best for him and his family and I can't blame a guy for that. The gig in Saskatchewan was a legitimately great opportunity for him, as was his NFL shot. I always viewed that situation as more of a quirk with the CFL than an indictment on him. I've got no worries, I'm just happy we've got someone we can trust to be competent.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I don’t hate this as much as I thought I would. I don’t like Jones but the players do and he wins; that’s what this is about. To those saying that Jones is a flight risk, I predict that he’ll be here for the duration of his contract. He just got his dream job and he’ll stick around.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
This is like going out with the town tramp for the second time, after she already broke your heart once. You know it’s going to be fun and exciting while you’re together, but you know it’s not going to last very long, and when it’s over you will likely feel used and be in a worse place than you were to begin with, but you just can’t resist the temptation.
I don't think Jones left us in nearly the mess when he left suddenly, than this last group of clowns have left us this year.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Not excited about the potential of Jones coming back....at all !! Seem like a desperation move by the EEFC and I have a feeling this will backfire big time for the team. Hope I'm wrong.
What’s left to backfire? Between the name change and the complete mismanagement of the team over the last several years this organization barely has a pulse left.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I have no doubt that Jones is probably the best candidate for the job.

I just worry he leaves like he has done in the past or like Milanovich just did to us.
I really wonder how many other options Jones has left outside of the CFL now. He’s been burning bridges everywhere for years. I mean, he took a coordinator job mid season with the Argos this year. He was available. Maybe he sticks around for that reason alone, maybe he doesn’t.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It'll be interesting to see who he hires for OC. Part of the reason why he didn't succeed more in Saskatchewan is because he was overly loyal to Steve McAdoo, who isn't really a great OC. I hope he doesn't hire him here.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
What’s left to backfire? Between the name change and the complete mismanagement of the team over the last several years this organization barely has a pulse left.

Lol, no kidding. He can be an abysmal failure here and it will still be an upgrade on the previous shitshow.

Reactions: MoontoScott

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
This is like going out with the town tramp for the second time, after she already broke your heart once. You know it’s going to be fun and exciting while you’re together, but you know it’s not going to last very long, and when it’s over you will likely feel used and be in a worse place than you were to begin with, but you just can’t resist the temptation.

And let me guess, you would rather have a long and secure relationship with the girlfriend from last season......

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
It'll be interesting to see who he hires for OC. Part of the reason why he didn't succeed more in Saskatchewan is because he was overly loyal to Steve McAdoo, who isn't really a great OC. I hope he doesn't hire him here.

I hope it won't be Maas.

Reactions: Cloned

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
The worry is he bolts after a few years and then the team is starting over once again. I could maybe accept him as HC but I really don't like him in the GM position.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I hope it won't be Maas.

I think Maas would be money with Chris Jones making clutch game defining play calls.

That's the only thing to bitch about with Maas really, atrocious end of game party calling. Doesn't know which combinations of stops or scores make games one two or three possession games. Lol.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I think Maas would be money with Chris Jones making clutch game defining play calls.

That's the only thing to bitch about with Maas really, atrocious end of game party calling. Doesn't know which combinations of stops or scores make games one two or three possession games. Lol.

Maas was completely incapable of making adjustments in season or in game. It's why they started every season under him very well and started most games well. Then both the seasons and the games would go to shit in the second half because teams would adjust and Maas wouldn't.

Reactions: MoontoScott

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

I think that as an OC Maas is o.k. but no better than average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad