Elks: Edmonton Elks Part 2

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Several Canadian acts are going on tour again and have played shows recently. Neil Young W Crazy Horse would be awesome. They just put out another album. Several older acts are even doing B circuits but you telling me somebody like April Wine couldn't do a Grey Cup show? Kim Mitchell? f*** he's Canadas party band of the past. Don't think they ever gave him a Grey Cup.

Ton of Canadian artists exist and are still performing.

72 Canadian Singers and Bands Who Made It Big in America - Spinditty

But with the CFL its like they only ever heard of 5 artists or something and we could expect to see the same forever. I think whats most annoying is how a group like the Arkells is constantly propped by CBC, Canadian awards shows etc and they have basically a very limited following. Although they are playing venues like Rogers place its the minor act half bowl and I just took a look, they haven't sold even 1K seats. Basically 80% of the seats, in half bowl, are still available. They wouldn't sell out Shaw Conference Center. Not even the Jube.

I love Neil Young, but there's no way he would have put on as quality a performance in 2021 as the Arkells did on Sunday a half time show. That new album sounds like a bunch of old dudes reminiscing on their youth and complaining about the world today. Great way to tap into the younger demographic.

Frankly, I thought they did a fine job, but maybe made a couple poor choices for song. People's Champ would have made more sense than Quitting You and Ophelia, but I understand those choices in light of the Lumineers being there. The Lumineers being there on the other hand made no f***ing sense.

As for the list itself, many of those would have been great if available, but I somehow doubt someone like the Weekend would have made the trip after his recent Super Bowl half time show. Some of the others have already done halftime or would make even less sense today (i.e Celine, Buble or Avril por the countless others that haven't had a hit in 20+ years).

Last edited:

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Several Canadian acts are going on tour again and have played shows recently. Neil Young W Crazy Horse would be awesome. They just put out another album. Several older acts are even doing B circuits but you telling me somebody like April Wine couldn't do a Grey Cup show? Kim Mitchell? f*** he's Canadas party band of the past. Don't think they ever gave him a Grey Cup.

Ton of Canadian artists exist and are still performing.

72 Canadian Singers and Bands Who Made It Big in America - Spinditty

But with the CFL its like they only ever heard of 5 artists or something and we could expect to see the same forever. I think whats most annoying is how a group like the Arkells is constantly propped by CBC, Canadian awards shows etc and they have basically a very limited following. Although they are playing venues like Rogers place its the minor act half bowl and I just took a look, they haven't sold even 1K seats. Basically 80% of the seats, in half bowl, are still available. They wouldn't sell out Shaw Conference Center. Not even the Jube.

Despite all the propping and constantly gifted exposure the Arkells just aren't happening, and its pretty easy to see why. I mean to anybody that has grown up with good music, who would by their albums or go to their jugband show? Few apparently.

The CFL needs younger fans, not continuing to consolidate the fandom they already have in the older ones. The halftime concerts in Edmonton are dumb, but deliberately choosing acts that are 70+ years old for the Grey Cup is just a silly idea.

I don't like the Arkells, I like all the artists you listed much more, but it isn't difficult for me to understand why the league would prefer them over Kim Mitchell for god's sakes.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I love Neil Young, but there's no way he would have put on as quality a performance in 2021 as the Arkells did on Sunday a half time show. That new album sounds like a bunch of old dudes reminiscing on their young complaining about the world today. Great way to tap into the younger demographic.

Frankly, I thought they did a fine job, but maybe made a couple poor choices for song. People's Champ would have made more sense than Quitting You and Ophelia, but I understand those choices in light of the Lumineers being there. The Lumineers being there on the other hand made no f***ing sense.

As for the list itself, many of those would have been great if available, but I somehow doubt the Weekend would have made the trip after his recent Super Bowl half time show.

The show was somewhat energetic. It was missing the right kind of music for such an event. yeah I dunno I'd like anything in their catalog. A lot of these bands just seem like footstomp sing alongs. Albeit I don't know why. Not the target audience and I'm glad to have experienced a half century of music better than this.

That said by no means is this my genre. I'd be fine with it if the music wasn't being shoved so much and if people actually did support it. I mean hey if they were selling out places like Rogers then I would be wrong and I'd shut my big yap. But they don't seem to have any big following.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The CFL needs younger fans, not continuing to consolidate the fandom they already have in the older ones. The halftime concerts in Edmonton are dumb, but deliberately choosing acts that are 70+ years old for the Grey Cup is just a silly idea.

I don't like the Arkells, I like all the artists you listed much more, but it isn't difficult for me to understand why the league would prefer them over Kim Mitchell for god's sakes.

Maybe the league could butter the bread once in awhile for people that are actually in the stands and paid money to see the game and event?

This catering to young people (well what young person is actually an Arkells fan, where are they) is doing nothing attraction wise. FRankly I felt that the halftime show and the 2nd half interview and having the lead singer with the broadcast crew, and the add spots, the whole thing felt like an Arkells promotion for their upcoming Canadian tour.

You know when a band is actually good they don't need a ton of promotion. They sell tickets and they get bought up fast.

Nor do I think just because an act is older that younger people don't get into it. Lots of older acts that keep getting a younger audience. To wit more young people listen to Rush, still, than ever listened to the Arkells at any point. Just as example.

You telling me a young audience wouldn't get into BTO, Neil Young, April Wine, Rush, once they discover who they are and how great their music is? They do every day.

Its why performers like Roger Waters or the Who, Stones whoever can play until they croak. Few artists are taking their place. Because people of all ages are still going to their shows. Black Sabbath for decades, their audience kept getting YOUNGER. Its not a case, and rarely ever is, that older artists only have a geezer following.

Heres an interesting article that dispels the notion that old music is for old people. its not the case at all. For many youth the Beatles are the most popular artist, just like they would have been for younger people 60yrs ago.

Why Do Young People Listen to Really Old Rock Music? | Psychology Today Canada

Its absolutely short sighted to be showcasing some nothing act instead of legends that define even the fabric of what Canada is.

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
The show was somewhat energetic. It was missing the right kind of music for such an event. yeah I dunno I'd like anything in their catalog. A lot of these bands just seem like footstomp sing alongs. Albeit I don't know why. Not the target audience and I'm glad to have experienced a half century of music better than this.

That said by no means is this my genre. I'd be fine with it if the music wasn't being shoved so much and if people actually did support it. I mean hey if they were selling out places like Rogers then I would be wrong and I'd shut my big yap. But they don't seem to have any big following.

Well they are at least playing the major hockey arenas like Rogers, Scotiabank Arena, etc. Not quite selling out everywhere but still big enough that they needed the biggest venues across Canada to hold them. They even played Tim Horton's before on their own and sold 24,000 tickets.

I'm with you in that I like a lot of the genres of the previous eras better, but think these guys are at least big enough to be a reasonable option as the hometown band who's done pretty well for themselves including a decent following in the States. f

I'd love to see the CFL aim higher in future years and snag someone as big as a Shawn Mendes, Drake, The Weeknd (though I can't stand their music either), or even Arcade Fire, but I think the Arkells are at least in the same ballpark as many on that list of 72 you provided.

Retreads like BTO, Neil Young, April Wine, Rush, , etc. are great songwriters and have a way better catalog, but I don't think they would deliver much of a performance/spectacle either because key members are dead (Rush), or they already draw much smaller crowds than the Arkells (April Wine/Bachman Turner), or simply they wouldn't do it anymore because they don't give a shit about Canada (Neil Young).

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunnersaurus Rex

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Maybe the league could butter the bread once in awhile for people that are actually in the stands and paid money to see the game and event?

This catering to young people (well what young person is actually an Arkells fan, where are they) is doing nothing attraction wise. FRankly I felt that the halftime show and the 2nd half interview and having the lead singer with the broadcast crew, and the add spots, the whole thing felt like an Arkells promotion.

You know when a band is actually good they don't need a ton of promotion. They sell tickets and they get bought up fast.

Nor do I think just because an act is older that younger people don't get into it. Lots of older acts that keep getting a younger audience. To wit more young people listen to Rush, still, than ever listened to the Arkells at any point. Just as example.

You telling me a young audience wouldn't get into BTO, Neil Young, April Wine, Rush, once they discover who they are and how great their music is? They do every day.

Its why performers like Roger Waters or the Who, Stones whoever can play until they croak. Few artists are taking their place. Because people of all ages are still going to their shows. Black Sabbath for decades, their audience kept getting YOUNGER. Its not a case, and rarely ever is, that older artists only have a geezer following.

Heres an interesting article that dispels the notion that old music is for old people. its not the case at all. For many youth the Beatles are the most popular artist, just like they would have been for younger people 60yrs ago.

Its absolutely short sighted to be showcasing some nothing act instead of legends that define even the fabric of what Canada is.

The CFL has the old fans already. There isn't a single old fan that they are going to attract as a new entrant as a money spending, game watching, CFL fan. The only market where the older fans are dropping like flies is Edmonton and we all know why. The TV ratings for 55+ are massive.

I get it, your older so this strikes a nerve. The fact is that the CFL will not exist in 10-15 years if they don't rapidly improve their marketing to demographics that will actually be around for the long term. Are the Arkell's the answer? Well no not completely, but they sure as hell put on a more energetic and high end show than Neil Young would have.

The Arkells showed well on TV and it seemed like it was done well in stadium. I don't like their music, but for the purposes of a Grey Cup half time show they are a better choice than Neil Young for a lot of reasons.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Well they are at least playing the major hockey arenas like Rogers, Scotiabank Arena, etc. Not quite selling out everywhere but still big enough that they needed the biggest venues across Canada to hold them. They even played Tim Horton's before on their own and sold 24,000 tickets.

I'm with you in that I like a lot of the genres of the previous eras better, but think these guys are at least big enough to be a reasonable option as the hometown band who's done pretty well for themselves including a decent following in the States. f

I'd love to see the CFL aim higher in future years and snag someone as big as a Shawn Mendes, Drake, The Weeknd (though I can't stand their music either), or even Arcade Fire, but I think the Arkells are at least in the same ballpark as many on that list of 72 you provided.

Are you from Edmonton? Just asking because they don't draw flies here, and never have. maybe its more an Eastern Canada thing. Because they hail from Hamilton. Conversely, for some reason Lumineers and Arcade Fire (can't get into either) do draw here, so at least I can acknowledge they have a following.

Anyway its just my rant thing really about jugband music. Again I feel so blessed to have experienced some of the best popular music ever recorded, for several decades. tbh I don't think I'd have a very deep relationship with current music even if I was young. For instance if the 60s stayed in the mode it was before the Beatles and other Brit invasion bands I don't know that I would have been that much behind it. There was a lot of Pat Boone safe type music that existed before that. Some awful stuff. Today I turn on the radio and whether its country or pop or whatever station it just seems like insipid stuff. Kind of like the Beatles if they never advanced beyond I want to hold your hand. Seems like music just exists now as just backdrop placation, and not interesting. Its no accident how many Symphonies play more complex music. It challenges them and the listener.

Ftr I'm not really a Bluesgrass fan either. Not sure if some of these bands owe more to those kinds of genres. Maybe. Although I did like Folk music. But nobody today is writing like Bob Dylan or Joni Mitchell.

Reactions: bone and oilers'72

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The CFL has the old fans already. There isn't a single old fan that they are going to attract as a new entrant as a money spending, game watching, CFL fan. The only market where the older fans are dropping like flies is Edmonton and we all know why. The TV ratings for 55+ are massive.

I get it, your older so this strikes a nerve. The fact is that the CFL will not exist in 10-15 years if they don't rapidly improve their marketing to demographics that will actually be around for the long term. Are the Arkell's the answer? Well no not completely, but they sure as hell put on a more energetic and high end show than Neil Young would have.

The Arkells showed well on TV and it seemed like it was done well in stadium. I don't like their music, but for the purposes of a Grey Cup half time show they are a better choice than Neil Young for a lot of reasons.

You entirely missed my assertion that you would get big act big name act also to attract younger audience. Last time I went to Neil Young several younger people were there. Just like in the 90's when Neil personified the grunge thing and all the acts worshipped him. So that a Crazy Horse show wasn't a whole lot different than a Pearl Jam show of the time.

In anycase the point is that a huge artist would have more young fans, and draw more young fans than an Arkells show would. Because great artists are still owning a huge young person demographic. Anybody young I know now, they're constantly borrowing my record collection and not giving them back. lol. They're constant complaint being how they didn't know all these artists beforehand. I find a lot of young people these days to be devout followers of such formats as classic rock. go on Youtube or Spotify and see for yourself how many classic acts have such huge followings on media that are young people driven.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
You entirely missed my assertion that you would get big act big name act also to attract younger audience. Last time I went to Neil Young several younger people were there. Just like in the 90's when Neil personified the grunge thing and all the acts worshipped him. So that a Crazy Horse show wasn't a whole lot different than a Pearl Jam show of the time.

In anycase the point is that a huge artist would have more young fans, and draw more young fans than an Arkells show would. Because great artists are still owning a huge young person demographic. Anybody young I know now, they're constantly borrowing my record collection and not giving them back. lol. They're constant complaint being how they didn't know all these artists beforehand. I find a lot of young people these days to be devout followers of such formats as classic rock. go on Youtube or Spotify and see for yourself how many classic acts have such huge followings on media that are young people driven.

You're missing the point. I get that younger people like Neil Young. I am a younger person that likes Neil Young much more than the Arkells.

However, a half time show of Neal Young is parking him in the middle of a stage while mumbling classics from 50 years ago with a violin and an acoustic guitar. The Arkells had an actual dynamic, energetic show that looked like it was a big deal.

Half of the CFL's problem is the perception of it as a bush league. The Arkell's show looked like something resembling a legit, big league event. Neil Young would sit there with a spotlight on him going through the motions. Didn't they have Gordon Lightfoot do it a few years ago? See that for what you don't want in a big event half time show.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Are you from Edmonton? Just asking because they don't draw flies here, and never have. maybe its more an Eastern Canada thing. Because they hail from Hamilton. Conversely, for some reason Lumineers and Arcade Fire (can't get into either) do draw here, so at least I can acknowledge they have a following.

Anyway its just my rant thing really about jugband music. Again I feel so blessed to have experienced some of the best popular music ever recorded, for several decades. tbh I don't think I'd have a very deep relationship with current music even if I was young. For instance if the 60s stayed in the mode it was before the Beatles and other Brit invasion bands I don't know that I would have been that much behind it. There was a lot of Pat Boone safe type music that existed before that. Some awful stuff. Today I turn on the radio and whether its country or pop or whatever station it just seems like insipid stuff. Kind of like the Beatles if they never advanced beyond I want to hold your hand. Seems like music just exists now as just backdrop placation, and not interesting. Its no accident how many Symphonies play more complex music. It challenges them and the listener.

Ftr I'm not really a Bluesgrass fan either. Not sure if some of these bands owe more to those kinds of genres. Maybe. Although I did like Folk music. But nobody today is writing like Bob Dylan or Joni Mitchell.

I'm from Edmonton, and I hear at least one of their songs pretty much every single day on the radio. My kids can sing along to quite a few of their songs. They have headlined Rogers at least once and must have done well enough to get another show there coming in February. Granted it's using the smaller bowl configuration, but using April Wine or whichever version Randy Bachman is tourning as for comparison, they are playing the River Cree or Shaw Conference.

For Arkells, though the performance didn't highlight it, I see them as a band that started as alt-rock but have incorporated elements of 70s R&B and funk. They have their jugband moments, but something like People's Champs and Knocking at the Door sound more like a cheap knock-off of James Brown than Bluegrass.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta

This catering to young people (well what young person is actually an Arkells fan, where are they) is doing nothing attraction wise. FRankly I felt that the halftime show and the 2nd half interview and having the lead singer with the broadcast crew, and the add spots, the whole thing felt like an Arkells promotion for their upcoming Canadian tour.

True on the bolded. Here's why the 60s and 70s music is keeping on, from the article;

"3. The 60s and 70s Musicians Were Truly Talented. This explanation has been mentioned to me by several millennials. They emphasize the quality of the music of the era, and the fact that most of these rock-and-rollers wrote their own songs and played the instruments. Perhaps the Classic Rock era is akin to the classical Baroque period of the mid-1700s."

Before the 80s, it was considered a crime to sound like another band/singer. Then all we got was groups following a formula, which was a major reason why music from then on hasn't caught on.

BTW, I wouldn't consider Neil Young as a Canadian as @bone mentioned. He disses Alberta every chance he gets. As well, he just rides the coattails of whatever event tickled his fancy. Dylan was a lot better musician of the trends of his time.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'm from Edmonton, and I hear at least one of their songs pretty much every single day on the radio. My kids can sing along to quite a few of their songs. They have headlined Rogers at least once and must have done well enough to get another show there coming in February. Granted it's using the smaller bowl configuration, but using April Wine or whichever version Randy Bachman is tourning as for comparison, they are playing the River Cree or Shaw Conference.

For Arkells, though the performance didn't highlight it, I see them as a band that started as alt-rock but have incorporated elements of 70s R&B and funk. They have their jugband moments, but something like People's Champs and Knocking at the Door sound more like a cheap knock-off of James Brown than Bluegrass.

I just looked. Take a peek yourself if interested. They are selling half bowl at Rogers and only lower half bowl. At that 80% of those are unsold and available. They might sell 2K here. Outside chance of 3K.

Outside of Toronto and Hamilton just doesn't seem like they sell.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
True on the bolded. Here's why the 60s and 70s music is keeping on, from the article;

"3. The 60s and 70s Musicians Were Truly Talented. This explanation has been mentioned to me by several millennials. They emphasize the quality of the music of the era, and the fact that most of these rock-and-rollers wrote their own songs and played the instruments. Perhaps the Classic Rock era is akin to the classical Baroque period of the mid-1700s."

Before the 80s, it was considered a crime to sound like another band/singer. Then all we got was groups following a formula, which was a major reason why music from then on hasn't caught on.

BTW, I wouldn't consider Neil Young as a Canadian as @bone mentioned. He disses Alberta every chance he gets. As well, he just rides the coattails of whatever event tickled his fancy. Dylan was a lot better musician of the trends of his time.

I think one of the greatest challenges for a modern rock musician is that there's been so many years of great artists to draw from that it's become increasingly difficult to create something truly new and unique in the genre. Ultimately guitar based rock music rearranges 12 different notes in up to 4 octaves (but predominantly in 2) making it really a finite amount of permutations and combinations to create, particularly as the best combinations have already been figured out and exploited. Having been such a fond lover of music my whole life, I can't get through almost any song without hearing elements or sometimes direct ripoffs of something that's already been done.

I think that's why electronic and hip hop have replaced rock as the preferred medium of a large cross section of modern musicians that are trying to create their own thing as there is more room to create in those styles, at least at this point in time. Unfortunately, I just don't get excited by anything I hear in those genres.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The league is also trying to get a newer crowd into the game, not really shocking they went with the Arkels who are more of a younger person music.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I watch championship games for the football. Don't care about the halftime act, usually just mute the sound during the break anyhow. Maybe I'm naive, but not seeing how a halftime act is going to be the difference between someone being a football fan or not or attracting a younger audience to the game. I know when a certain act has been performing, my wife or daughter will tune in specifically for that, and then go back to their business, never actually watching any of the game.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I watch championship games for the football. Don't care about the halftime act, usually just mute the sound during the break anyhow. Maybe I'm naive, but not seeing how a halftime act is going to be the difference between someone being a football fan or not or attracting a younger audience to the game. I know when a certain act has been performing, my wife or daughter will tune in specifically for that, and then go back to their business, never actually watching any of the game.
Most leagues are hoping that they will catch some new viewers this way, but I really don't know that the number is ever significant.

I'm sure though more viewers must relate to helping boost price of commercials. Not sure it's big in CFL, but NFL commercials are stupid money.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
And how much does the River Cree sell for April Wine?

The River Cree is a shit venue and I don't even know why acts go there. few people want to attend an event in an inflatable dome.

I think its crazy, we have the Agricom, Shaw Convention Center, the Jube, but this awful venue (can't even call it a facility) gets the acts.

Sometimes its clueless promoters.

Even a band like Cowboy Junkies who I like, and that did not have that many hits, are still selling out their shows. Saw them at Arden theater.

But back to Arkells half the reason they're popular, if we're being honest, it has little to do with the actual music. They're a sock puppet for rhymes with spoke values.

"The perfect band for our times" said the globe and mail. They're propped for reasons other than music. Which frankly offends me.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
The River Cree is a shit venue and I don't even know why acts go there. few people want to attend an event in an inflatable dome.

I think its crazy, we have the Agricom, Shaw Convention Center, the Jube, but this awful venue (can't even call it a facility) gets the acts.

Sometimes its clueless promoters.

Even a band like Cowboy Junkies who I like, and that did not have that many hits, are still selling out their shows. Saw them at Arden theater.

But back to Arkells half the reason they're popular, if we're being honest, it has little to do with the actual music. They're a sock puppet for rhymes with spoke values.

"The perfect band for our times" said the globe and mail. They're propped for reasons other than music. Which frankly offends me.

Can't disagree with the bolded.

I'm raised on hard rock and metal, and actually don't mind quite a few of their songs.

I appreciate there are different tastes and understand why you wouldn't like them as some of my buddies feel the same. But I do think they are in it to make music and aren't just propped up image-group like so many of the Disney princesses. If it's their values you refer to, I've never heard much in their lyrics that's any more preachy than most pop-rock outfits of the last 30 years.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Been to the River Cree in the past for a few events, and really enjoyed the shows we went to. Saw Roger Hodgson (amazing) and Peter Frampton to name a couple, as well as comedian Rodney Carrington (laughed my guts out). A real nice venue for smaller acts with capacity around 2500. Sound was really decent.

Reactions: Beerfish

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

While I follow what you are saying and I don't support all of Youngs assertions he is a philanthropist and somebody said he doesn't care about Canada. Disagree. He does Charity concerts, spots still and donates his time to the right causes whether that be Bridge School or Farm Aid or Supporting Sarah McLachlans Canadian initiatives to further music, and music schools. Neil had guest spots on concerts to promote this endeavor, so more people all walks of life and means can experience being able to play music. Overall he's had a lot of philanthropy involvement, and while he's no Bob Dylan, he's put out a more extensive catalog. Bob is reclusive most of the time and has spent as much as a decade at a time completely retreating from music and other life. Young has been way more stalwart and active and influenced a lot of musical forms. Bob Dylan himself would call Neil a comparable, fwiw, excuse pun.

FiftyFifty

Mar 13, 2018

You do understand that the River Cree purchases those acts, no? If the Shaw put up the money, they could buy the act. River Cree has the advantage in that their revenue is not just in ticket sales and alcohol, but also hotel rooms and casino $. It’s tough to make money on those types of shows but these other revenue streams would make it worthwhile.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You do understand that the River Cree purchases those acts, no? If the Shaw put up the money, they could buy the act. River Cree has the advantage in that their revenue is not just in ticket sales and alcohol, but also hotel rooms and casino $. It’s tough to make money on those types of shows but these other revenue streams would make it worthwhile.
Fair comment but many artists also perform at the Jube, or Winspear, or in ST Albert at Arden place or Sh Pk at Festival Place. Those venues are very enjoyable and sometimes seeing a show is a cross between seeing the artist and in an enjoyable venue. I mean its why we have concert halls right? Whats next, Symphonies will play in inflatable domes becuase they have a hotel and Casino?

Plus acts in sought after facilities can charge more for tickets because of the attraction of the venue. Further, some people like to go to a show and then wander around a DT area. Myself Casinos are depressing environments I stay clear of. They generate misery.

In anycase I don't know how 2K tickets sold times 100bucks isn't generating enough money. Theres touring bands that play 200 person venues and make some kind of go of it.

More the case, as stated I think some promoters are clueless as to what kind of facilities exist. I've known some of these promoters in the past. Often times the artists themselves complain about the venues and why the promoter didn't get better. Sometimes pay offs are involved. just saying

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad