Elks: Edmonton Elks Part 2

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
True, although I'm kinda wishy washy on that because it's no guarantee they make the FG if they started on their own 20 after the return. Of course, they may have started farther up after the return too, it's very hard to say.
It seems pretty clear and could of gotten there. It was an overly safe play that cost them the game

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It seems pretty clear and could of gotten there. It was an overly safe play that cost them the game
You never know. Maybe they take a penalty on the return. Maybe they get overly conservative with the play calling on the first few plays after starting deeper in their own half of the field. Tough to say.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Ti-cats blew that game

extra tough blowing it at home

I think its kind of funny. kind of removes the tarnish off some of the Jason Maas Eskimos decisions. Seems like most teams are dumb. Just run that ball out of the endzone and you get the ball at around the 25. He had all kinds of room there. It was a long kick that sailed, coverage was late arriving.

Collaros with just clusterf*** dumb decisions in the game as well. Here you are tied 10-10 and you have the ball on Hamilton 40 and 5mins left in 3rd quarter and a strong wind at your back for all of 4th quarter. All I would do there is play conservative, avoid turning ball over. At all costs just avoid turnovers there. Colloras on the first play from there throws a double coverage pick that Hamilton ran back deep into Bombers end. This basically handing the Ticats a big TD. Very next possession Collaros throws another pick.

I'm thinking that the Bombers would have been better off, and would have won the game in regulation just running conservative running plays.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The Grey Cup show.

The boring Arkels and the boring Lumineers. lmao what could be worse for music selections. Alice Cooper was right about this kind of music.

This is football, a game of intense adrenaline and testosterone contested as symbolic war on a field. So lets have too hipster acts that people raised on Barney the Dinosaur find appealing. I was trying to detect anything listenable in the songs. A hook, an interesting chord, riff, instead monkeys banging on instruments with jugband sounds. Too bad Arcade Fire must have been busy. Would have made for the perfect trifecta musical selections from hell.

Weren't the Arkells at our last Grey Cup in Edmonton as well?

This is the best artists we can bring to the Grey Cup? A Hamilton band that made no secret of their allegiance? Then spending much of the game after having the idiot singer call the plays.

With the broadcast and commercials even touting the upcoming Arkells nationwide tour as if they are the Tragically Hip or Rush or BTO?

Anyway Winnipeg Blue Bombers won, worthy repeat. Hamilton losing streak continues on to perpetuity. The way they lost being the most hilarious. To a person a collective look of gut punched through the crowd. The only thing worse if it was the Argos delivering the blow. At least they made it to the GC to be beat yet again by the Bombers which is a national tradition apparently.

The "eat em raw" ticats exist as Grey Cup fodder. Somebody has to lose the game, the Ticats always abide..Wonder what the Ticats owner feels about the best season ever now..

Anyway Hamilton, with Copps Coliseum, and never an NHL team deserve to lose, you spawned the Arkells..

Last edited:

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Now the real task for the EE begins.

Make some key hires and make well informed decisions where you actually investigate what the track record is and determine what you can reasonably expect.

Two decades of poor hiring decisions have brought the club to its knees.

Hopefully they can turn this around before the last remaining fans turn out the lights.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
The Grey Cup show.

The boring Arkels and the boring Lumineers. lmao what could be worse for music selections. Alice Cooper was right about this kind of music.

This is football, a game of intense adrenaline and testosterone contested as symbolic war on a field. So lets have too hipster acts that people raised on Barney the Dinosaur find appealing. I was trying to detect anything listenable in the songs. A hook, an interesting chord, riff, instead monkeys banging on instruments with jugband sounds. Too bad Arcade Fire must have been busy. Would have made for the perfect trifecta musical selections from hell.

Weren't the Arkells at our last Grey Cup in Edmonton as well?

This is the best artists we can bring to the Grey Cup? A Hamilton band that made no secret of their allegiance? Then spending much of the game after having the idiot singer call the plays.

With the broadcast and commercials even touting the upcoming Arkells nationwide tour as if they are the Tragically Hip or Rush or BTO?

Anyway Winnipeg Blue Bombers won, worthy repeat. Hamilton losing streak continues on to perpetuity. The way they lost being the most hilarious. To a person a collective look of gut punched through the crowd. The only thing worse if it was the Argos delivering the blow. At least they made it to the GC to be beat yet again by the Bombers which is a national tradition apparently.

The "eat em raw" ticats exist as Grey Cup fodder. Somebody has to lose the game, the Ticats always abide..Wonder what the Ticats owner feels about the best season ever now..

Anyway Hamilton, with Copps Coliseum, and never an NHL team deserve to lose, you spawned the Arkells..

The Arkells is as good as you're going to get for a CFL half time show, unless Bieber happens to be in the same town around the same time again like in Toronto.

The booth interview, however, was a joke. I'm so, so tired of TSN doing this, it's so bad.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
The Arkells were fine. Put on a decent, energetic show. Probably the best you could get on a limited budget in a Covid year when many artists aren't touring. Much better than rolling out Canadian senior citizen geriatric rockers who haven't had a hit in 40 or 50 years.

I like the Mike O' Shea talk, but I doubt he leaves Winnipeg.

Reactions: bone

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The Arkells is as good as you're going to get for a CFL half time show, unless Bieber happens to be in the same town around the same time again like in Toronto.

The booth interview, however, was a joke. I'm so, so tired of TSN doing this, it's so bad.

Several Canadian acts are going on tour again and have played shows recently. Neil Young W Crazy Horse would be awesome. They just put out another album. Several older acts are even doing B circuits but you telling me somebody like April Wine couldn't do a Grey Cup show? Kim Mitchell? f*** he's Canadas party band of the past. Don't think they ever gave him a Grey Cup.

Ton of Canadian artists exist and are still performing.

72 Canadian Singers and Bands Who Made It Big in America - Spinditty

But with the CFL its like they only ever heard of 5 artists or something and we could expect to see the same forever. I think whats most annoying is how a group like the Arkells is constantly propped by CBC, Canadian awards shows etc and they have basically a very limited following. Although they are playing venues like Rogers place its the minor act half bowl and I just took a look, they haven't sold even 1K seats. Basically 80% of the seats, in half bowl, are still available. They wouldn't sell out Shaw Conference Center. Not even the Jube.

Despite all the propping and constantly gifted exposure the Arkells just aren't happening, and its pretty easy to see why. I mean to anybody that has grown up with good music, who would by their albums or go to their jugband show? Few apparently.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad