Proposal: EDM - NSH

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Even the majority of HFOil want him gone for an upgrade.

I get you’re a fan for the team he plays for, but at the end of the day Ceci is just not good
Edmonton is trying to solidify a contending top 4 and Ceci is the obvious position to upgrade, doesn’t mean he’s a bad player and in fact he could help a lot of middling teams trying to improve their blue line. A lot of Oilers fans base their entire opinions of players on colourful charts. Ceci might not be an analytical darling but he plays 20+ a night, plays the tough defensive minutes, pk minutes and while the fancy crowd don’t love his number, despite his tough deployment he holds his own.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I don't think this deal makes a ton of sense for the Oilers. I'd pass if I was the Oilers GM.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Edmonton is trying to solidify a contending top 4 and Ceci is the obvious position to upgrade, doesn’t mean he’s a bad player and in fact he could help a lot of middling teams trying to improve their blue line. A lot of Oilers fans base their entire opinions of players on colourful charts. Ceci might not be an analytical darling but he plays 20+ a night, plays the tough defensive minutes, pk minutes and while the fancy crowd don’t love his number, despite his tough deployment he holds his own.
No one is saying he’s bad, he’s just not the type of defenceman you want in a contenders top 4. He has a time and place and absolutely would help out a bubble/middling NHL team.

A team in a situation like Buffalo is the kind of team start would better suit Ceci

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Ceci plays tough minutes vs elite competition and on the Oilers 1st PK unit. He's not even close to a cap dump and will be needed come the playoffs.
Something around Kulak for Lauzon would be a dream.

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
No one is saying he’s bad, he’s just not the type of defenceman you want in a contenders top 4. He has a time and place and absolutely would help out a bubble/middling NHL team.

A team in a situation like Buffalo is the kind of team start would better suit Ceci
What does "he's not good" mean to you ?

Reactions: TFHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad