Proposal: EDM - NSH

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Barrie's played 32 games averaging 18:19 even with being a D you've sat as a healthy scratch and made not only available said the player could look for a deal.

Carrier's played 46 games averaging 18:08.

I'm not claiming Barrie is better or more valuable to the Preds. I was doing a minutes played vs example within the same Preds lineup. My point still stands, Carrier isn't a heavy mins player that the OP claimed.
While they play roughly the same amount of TOI per game, how and where they spend that TOI is quite different. Zone starts, etc. Barrie gets alot of PP padding, Carrier gets an equal amount of time each game on the PK. Heavy mins doesnt just mean alot of minutes. Lauzon/Carrier get alot of defensive zone starts and he is the leading RHD PK for the team.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
While they play roughly the same amount of TOI per game, how and where they spend that TOI is quite different. Zone starts, etc. Barrie gets alot of PP padding, Carrier gets an equal amount of time each game on the PK. Heavy mins doesnt just mean alot of minutes. Lauzon/Carrier get alot of defensive zone starts and he is the leading RHD PK for the team.

That is what I was getting at, but you put it more eloquently than I did.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
As a Preds fan(and owner of two Carrier gamers) I'm taking that deal in a heartbeat, which should tell you that's a bad deal for Edmonton
Idk.... i have a feeling Ceci would end up being utilized less than Fabbro is. I guess the picks are nice but i just think we end up with a wasted rhd roster spot next season similar to this year with barrie/Fabbro and that situation is just annoying to me.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Idk.... i have a feeling Ceci would end up being utilized less than Fabbro is. I guess the picks are nice but i just think we end up with a wasted rhd roster spot next season similar to this year with barrie/Fabbro and that situation is just annoying to me.
As someone else said I think in this scenario the idea would be to eventually flip Ceci for a pick

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I have a couple issues:

1) Holland doesn’t trade 1sts for UFAs.

2) I think it’s debateable if Carrier is much better than Ceci at all, let alone that much.

3) And so, if they’re trading a 1st, I’d like them to aim higher.

I think Carrier would be a fine addition at the right price, but I don’t think that’s the right price.
This is it for me. Holland would almost certainly need an extension in place for Carrier before he agreedto a deal like this.

Reactions: Dr Awesome

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
I don't give AF about board lurkers who say I'm not a fan. 99% of those don't have the balls to post their own proposals. Last time someone accused me of that I checked all of their posts that were proposals. They had one in 5 years.
Posting proposals makes you a better fan than someone who has grown enough to deal in reality?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Posting proposals makes you a better fan than someone who has grown enough to deal in reality?

If you want a better proposal, make one. It's the HF crowd who never have the guts to go out there and do it that, and then have the gall to say I'm "not a real fan" of the Oilers that gets me fired up.

That being said, the guy apologized and went after the initial proposal which is totally fine.

Anyway, with Monahan getting 1st and the asking price for guys like Laughton also being a 1st, I don't know if my proposal is *that* far out of whack. If I missed, so be it. I still think Carrier is a good target for the Oilers.

As a Preds fan(and owner of two Carrier gamers) I'm taking that deal in a heartbeat, which should tell you that's a bad deal for Edmonton

I appreciate that, thanks, Fair enough. What would a more balanced trade?

Ceci + 3rd? 2nd?

for
Carrier + later pick?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

Ceci + 3rd? 2nd?

for
Carrier + later pick?
I don't think the Preds want to trade Carrier. I don't think the Preds want Ceci at all. So there's no basis for a swap of the two players with any little balancing tweaks involved.

It's just that if you wanted to offer an "overpay" like a 1st for Carrier, well then, at least us fans will be all over it. (I'm not sure the Preds management actually would be, however, which would be a sad illustration of how much they overrate Carrier).

Reactions: TFHockey

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
To me the issue is why would the Oilers do this deal?

Sure it might be a small upgrade but the price is too high.

I think Carrier is a decent upgrade over Ceci. He certainly is a much better offensive defenseman, and I don't think his defensive game is worse. Just my opinion though.

Colton Sissons could be a nice add to the Oilers line up as well. Right shot C/RW.

Maybe an offer for both these guys with Ceci and Janmark going back the other way would work.

So like

:edmonton

Alexander Carrier (RHD, 27, pending UFA $2.5 Million AAV) @ 50%
Colton Sissons (Right Shot Center, 30, $2.85 Million AAV for three years)

:nashville

Cody Ceci (RHD, 30, One more year after this season @ $3.25 Million AAV)
Mattias Janmark (LW/RW 31, $1 Million pending UFA)
Oilers 2nd 2024
2nd round 2026 Conditional pick, if the Oilers make the SCF pick moves up to 1st round 2024)

Last edited:

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I think Carrier is a decent upgrade over Ceci. He certainly is a much better offensive defenseman, and I don't think his defensive game is worse. Just my opinion though.

Colton Sissons could be a nice add to the Oilers line up as well. Right shot C/RW.

Maybe an offer for both these guys with Ceci and Janmark going back the other way would work.

So like

Oilers 2nd 2024
2nd round 2026 Conditional pick, if the Oilers make the SCF pick moves up to 1st round 2024)
So we get salary back in a position we don't need. A grinder, for 1 year, and 2 2nd's. While giving up the 2 best players?

We don't need more draft picks, we need higher end prospects at forward.

I don't think this would help us at all, and I don't think the value is the same.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

So like

Oilers 2nd 2024
This deal at least makes some sense for the Oilers, the OP was making the usual , "how can my team fleece another team" type of one sided trade.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

So like

Oilers 2nd 2024
The Preds would have no interest whatsoever in this. Sissons is a lot more valuable than Carrier (or anything else in this trade). Again, you’d have to come to us with a big overpay to move two guys the organization likes and wants to keep… and this sure ain’t that.

If you want to target guys on Nashville who have a better chance of being available, look at Trenin, Fabbro, and of course Barrie.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I am the OP.
Fair enough but the 2 offers have entirely different values to the Oilers, certainly you can see that the first one, basically a UFA Dman for a very similar Dman who is singed for 1 more year and a 1st round pick is really steep to fix a problem that might not even exist right?

To me the second offer which includes Colton Sissons who isn't an UFA and has a seconder rounder instead of a first makes a lot more hockey sense for the Oilers.

the first offer just didn't that was my take on it.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
It’s not a 1st to trade him, he’s just an asset with little to no value outside of Edmonton fans

Ceci is the kind of guy you would want as a limited bottom pair/#7 guy on a team with contender aspirations
And yet Edmonton is a contending team with Ceci playing on the top pairing. Even if you don't think Edmonton is a contender all the experts would disagree with you.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Hell I know I don't often hit on the trade proposals I make. I think I've come really close once in the time I've been here to an actual trade that happened. I do like the trade boards because I learn something about players on teams I don't follow.

eg: Nashville fans are telling me my proposal is too rich for Carrier. That's cool. I appreciate that.

I don't learn anything on the Oilers board. Just a lot of noise for the most part.

I don't mind the proposal but as someone who doesn't watch other teams I have to ask, Is Carrier enough of an upgrade on Ceci if at all? If he is of similar caliber is it worth the risk of throwing the chemistry off?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
LMAO. If you deal in reality, why are you on a hockey fantasy board? Maybe 1 out of a hundred post are even close to reality. You also come into a thread that you don't think is legit and post this

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
If you want a better proposal, make one. It's the HF crowd who never have the guts to go out there and do it that, and then have the gall to say I'm "not a real fan" of the Oilers that gets me fired up.

That being said, the guy apologized and went after the initial proposal which is totally fine.

Anyway, with Monahan getting 1st and the asking price for guys like Laughton also being a 1st, I don't know if my proposal is *that* far out of whack. If I missed, so be it. I still think Carrier is a good target for the Oilers.

Ceci + 3rd? 2nd?

for
Carrier + later pick?
I think your best bet is to take Ceci right out of the proposal. Sell him to an improving team with a weak right side for the best pick you can get.

Then you’re not requiring the Preds to retain or take cap back in the form of a player they don’t really need.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
And yet Edmonton is a contending team with Ceci playing on the top pairing. Even if you don't think Edmonton is a contender all the experts would disagree with you.
Even the majority of HFOil want him gone for an upgrade.

I get you’re a fan for the team he plays for, but at the end of the day Ceci is just not good

Last edited:

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Even the majority of HFOil want him gone for an upgrade.

I get you’re a fan for the team he plays for, but at the end of the day Ceci is just not good

The Oilers can win with Ceci in the line up. They just had a massive run after all. I personally would like an upgrade on Ceci and I think Carrier, while under sized. is a great two way defenseman.

I don't mind the proposal but as someone who doesn't watch other teams I have to ask, Is Carrier enough of an upgrade on Ceci if at all? If he is of similar caliber is it worth the risk of throwing the chemistry off?

If the Oilers could get a guy like Artem Zub, I'd say go for it 100%. I don't think a RHD of his caliber are available this year though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad