Confirmed with Link: [EDM/NJD] Maroon for 2019 3rd Round Pick and JD Dudek

North

Jun 25, 2009
Seems interesting shero is trying to humiliate Chia.

Emphasizing the price came down dramatically.

Or pointing out nobody was willing to meet the price for Maroon shows exactly what teams thought of Maroon.

North

Jun 25, 2009
We will have to disagree, history says what i said is true, compare other teams big deals an ours and we seem to cave all the time.

You be chia and offer me a player, i will low ball the hell out of you and then just wait, you will take my bad offer rather than nothing each time.

Next time we deal? i'll do the same thing.

chia = bad gm and soft tough that will cave every time, until you stand up and say no you will always be treated like a chump.

This alternate reality you've created must be one hell of a trip.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Benning is one of those GMs that gets no respect from fans but has a great deal of respect from GMs from around the league. Chia is vice versa

Did you call up all the GM's and then ask them that question? What did Burke say? I really want to know.

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
Wow almost 1000 posts on this thread with most of them in the "dog barks at clouds" variety by posters making claims about player value and GM performance that are totally unsupported by fact or reason.

woof woof

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
shero is trying to humiliate Chia.

Emphasizing the price came down dramatically.

I dont read it that way at all.

I read it more like Chia was trying to get a solid return for Maroon, and nobody would bite on his ask. So it's more like Shero feeling fortunate he got Maroon for a 3rd.

Reactions: North

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
But we are talking about results here.

It's been three years.

Because "noticeable improvement" over a bottom 10 finish isn't the marker I think they should be shooting for at this point in Chia's rebuild. I didn't spend years watching this team tank, wallow in the basement and draft the best talent in a generation with the hope of ending up with a Calgary or Colorado-tier team. This team needs a significant overhaul to reach the level where success is sustained to the point of being taken for granted.

If we're talking about three years of results then we're also taking into account that staggering improvement last season.

I know people like to skim the Chiarelli pressers and magnify his foibles--god bless the internet generation--but he's actually correct that the margins have become very small in this league. In the salary cap era there just aren't the regular season powerhouses there used to be. So when you speak of becoming 'a Calgary or Colorado' it doesn't compute. Get your team into the playoffs. The 'best team' on paper doesn't always win the Stanley Cup. In terms of sustained success, you have to have a team that buys into a system that is successful. To do that you have to have the right players to set the example. This league isn't 'load-up-on-talent-and-shoot-the-lights-out' anymore.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Do you happen to know why his stats are so modest? Is he not getting PP time or is he playing in lower lines? He seems to have 17 points so far, while the best scorer has 56 points. The total points don't tell everything, but when you've scored less than a third compared to the leader in about as many games it probably says something.

His team seems low scoring, leader has 29 points. Id also say he hasnt got a lot of PP time sense he has no PP points, and plays second line.

Reactions: GameChanger

North

Jun 25, 2009
2 great trades since letting "Hamhuis walk"

Chia's made good trades since then too. Letestu for Aberg and offloading Davidson for a third.

Goldobin is nothing special and may never be. Not sure if we can quantify that trade as some huge win. Maybe he puts it together but right now he's a question mark.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Wow almost 1000 posts on this thread with most of them in the "dog barks at clouds" variety by posters making claims about player value and GM performance that are totally unsupported by fact or reason.

woof woof
You must be new to this Internet thing.

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
His team seems low scoring, leader has 29 points. Id also say he hasnt got a lot of PP time sense he has no PP points, and plays second line.

Okay, that gives a bit of hope. But it doesn't change the fact that the stats look modest. Well I've never seen or even heard of the player before so maybe he'll somehow surprise me positively.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Benning has done a phenomenal job drafting.
Oh I agree. Benning is Sam Pollock compared to Peter Chiarelli. All I'm saying is that Benning is a pretty terrible GM himself and has made plenty of awful moves. The Erik Gudbranson signing is genuinely worse than the Kris Russell signing.
That's the same amount Chiarelli has won so I wouldn't be readying the champagne. Benning has also never made a move even close to as bad as the Barzal/Hall/Eberle trades.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I dont read it that way at all.

I read it more like Chia was trying to get a solid return for Maroon, and nobody would bite on his ask. So it's more like Shero feeling fortunate he got Maroon for a 3rd.

It pretty much confirms Chia was trying to maximize the return but no one was biting. Rather than coming out of the deadline empty handed he circled back to the only GM that made an offer.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Oh I agree. Benning is Sam Pollock compared to Peter Chiarelli. All I'm saying is that Benning is a pretty terrible GM himself and has made plenty of awful moves. The Erik Gudbranson signing is genuinely worse than the Kris Russell signing.

That's the same amount Chiarelli has won so I wouldn't be readying the champagne. Benning has also never made a move even close to as bad as the Barzal/Hall/Eberle trades.

Again with Barzal....

North

Jun 25, 2009

Barzal wasn't ours. The pick is the trade you're referring to.

No one's popping champagne, but I'm not going to lose my shit over a UFA to be turning out not to have the value I hoped he would have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad