Confirmed with Link: [EDM/NJD] Maroon for 2019 3rd Round Pick and JD Dudek

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Maybe that’s what Maroon is worth?

I know, hard to fathom HFboard members overvaluing their favourite teams players. But maybe, just maybe....
Considering Chiarelli's inability to maximize value (he's done quite the opposite usually) I'm not surprised. I'm not even disappointed.

Maroon will probably sign for cheap elsewhere too.

Maroon for a turd and some Dudek. Woo.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Maybe that’s what Maroon is worth?

I know, hard to fathom HFboard members overvaluing their favourite teams players. But maybe, just maybe....

I mean really...what was his value? A lot of posters on here like to pretend that they know what the return should have been but we are talking about a very inconsistent poor defensive player who has inflated numbers because of McDavid.

So how can this return be underwhelming?

Its by and large just the same negative posters looking for a reason, any reason, to whine and complain.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Once all the big moves went down there probably wasn’t much interest left. Decent return. More than we paid for him when he had 2 years left and salary retained. Wouldn’t be surprised with the lack of interest today if no one is willing to dish out big $ for him in July and he circles back to us.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I mean really...what was his value? A lot of posters on here like to pretend that they know what the return should have been but we are talking about a very inconsistent poor defensive player who has inflated numbers because of McDavid.

So how can this return be underwhelming?
It's hilarious to think that Chia has turned three quality wingers into Larsson, Strome, a 3rd and a B-level prospect.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
it’s funny that chia had to call a press conference before the trade deadline to announce he was mulling over some “hockey trades” and wanted to go after players not more draft picks, and then continues to trade 2/3 roster players for late picks.

Maybe if we package up the third, fourth, and adberg, we can get a second rounder to make up for the one we lost when we hired Chia.

Either way, as easy as it is to get caught up in the hype, the return was pretty much exactly as expected. In the end we traded Gernat for a couple seasons of maroon and a third round pick. Which in the scheme of things, is a win.

Now if only we had another winger on the team who would score a goal.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Not bad.

His market definitely shrunk quickly.

Or there wasnt much of a market for 20 games worth of Maroon.

Vanek garnered an inferior return to both Maroon and Letestu. He is a much more productive player this season as well than Maroon has been. You can only compare the return got in the current market. The market was soft

Reactions: guymez

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
The next GM to deal with Chia is just salivating right now. Chia just made himself an easy target

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad