Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] G Jack Campbell signs with the Oilers (5 years, $5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umingmak

Oct 12, 2014
Wildeye Brewing
The AAV is less than I expected, but that’s a ton of term for a guy who hasn’t proven the ability to be a quality starter for an entire season.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Enjoy him, when he's on his game he looked unstoppable. When things aren't going too well he's too hard on himself and hes in his head too much and will let a lot of weak goals in.

I think he'll do well for your team personally. Maybe now that he has set himself up financially, that will he one less thing in the back of his mind

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
I hope it works out for Jackie. One of the nicest guys in the game.
A lot of money for a guy with a very small sample size of good play tho.
But understand that more than a few teams are gambling in goal like the Leafs, Avs and Sens! There's very few guarantees with goalies as we all know ! :crossfing

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Very likable guy, a good goalie.

Campbell only ever played 1 year as a starter and after an amazing start to last year, he struggled

McDavid help carrying Oilers team with 39 old mike smith as their starter. So overall i think Oilers will be fine

I wonder if Edm will try to a do 1-2 punch with Campbell and someone else. They just need to pick someone better than Mrazek
They will pair him with young Stuart Skinner who showed well in limited NHL time this year and has been great in the AHL.

He finally has an opportunity. Much better tandem then we had last year no doubt.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Not my preferred option, but good enough to give us a shot I suppose? Miles better than Koskinen at $4.5 million we have been paying for 3 years.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
He's an upgrade over Koskinen, that's all that matters... Feel bad for Skinner though as this more or less means he won't be a starter for Edmonton any time soon

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Great guy.

I think he's a good step up for the Oilers.

The extreme nature of his hot and cold performances is tough to stomach though. I think he would work better in a solid tandem where you don't have to tolerate months of bad play.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Can people shut up about signing deals right at noon? You do know there is a window that opens 24 hours earlier then the actual start of free agency to discuss contracts

P.s as am oilers fan I absolutely hate this deal. Another 1B at very best being paid as a top 15 goalie in the league

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
@Djp
You were saying that Friedman doesn't know what he is talking about....
1657729873016.png

• Haha
Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
All the best, Jack!

Never THE problem on our club.

I think he emerged a true number one. Remember who he was stuck behind: Kari Lehtonen and Jonathan Quick. Those are best of generation type number ones he couldn't (rightly) unseat. Toronto was his coming of age. He was a (rightly) very highly touted prospect before going 11th overall. He's always had the potential.

His health will be a concern, mental and physical, but I think his dip was injury related.

His contract might look heavy, but you only have to win the Cup once in order for it to look golden.

Holland's doing some good work. Here's hoping Jack holds up his end...

...just not in a Finals against us. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad