Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] G Jack Campbell signs with the Oilers (5 years, $5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Holland got that fresh lipstick out on this one. Unbelievable. 5 years of McDavid’s career.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Wow it took them all of 2 minutes to reach out, negotiate, and sign that contract. That must be some kind of record :sarcasm:
It's so funny I think the PA wanted to abolish the legal tampering we had for a few years. Only to be replaced with illegal tampering, lol

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
When did I say he was amazing? After his Vezina level November? How about checking what he did after Jan 1st. And how many injuries he had. Also how much TO had to work for how soft he is mentally. Just wait, he will implode in Edmonton.
He’ll definitely have higher confidence after all the respect he got in the handshake line.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Campbell is good and obviously a great person/teammate, but clearly, he isn't an elite talent or has that game-stealing gear. I almost feel bad that we have to root to light him up this year. While he is better than Smith, he will struggle unless changes are made on the Edmonton D; however, if the Oilers actually insulate him a little and upgrade their defense. Watch out, that could be all McDavid needs to get his chance...

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
When did I say he was amazing? After his Vezina level November? How about checking what he did after Jan 1st. And how many injuries he had. Also how much TO had to work for how soft he is mentally. Just wait, he will implode in Edmonton.

This posted, all by you.
From my viewings he's looked better than Freddy since he arrived here... Including the scrimmages in the bubble

Campbell is so much better than Freddy. I hope people can admit this.

Seriously do people think even the most elite goalies don't give up 2 goals a game regularly?

with the shutout. Leafs have now won 9 of their last 10 games

You're such a hypocrite. Then again, it's HockeyVirus. What else is new?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
lol Toronto couldn't match or beat that?

Didn't want to for a couple of reasons.

1. They Leafs didn't want to allocate that kind of Cap/term, with the Big three forwards needing extensions in two/three years.

2. Campbell when he's on, and healthy, is an amazing goalie. However, he has durability issues, and struggles with mental health. When he's having his struggles, he's a bottom goalie in the league. He's a great guy, someone you cheer for, so you hope that he can keep it together, and stay injury free, but 5x5 was too much for the Leafs to gamble that on.

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
Edmonton fans better hope they're not getting the >3.00GAA <.900sv% Campbell for 5 years because that's how he ended his tenure in Toronto.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
This posted, all by you.

Like I said last time, what are the dates of the posts? Oh yeah, RIGHT after his Vezina level month of November, 2 months into the season.

I am sure Campbell will have a good start with the Oilers too. By Dec he will be injured and by March Oilers fans will be freaking out

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Honestly the goalie market is terrible, there are maybe 10 true starters in the league. Most everyone else is inconsistent. potentially a flash in the pan or just bad. This means the best meh of an offseason are going to get a good payout. This year it is Keumper and Campbell.

Honestly, its best if you can develop, for the rest of the league it will continue to be pay and pray or nope and hope.

Reactions: zar

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
Very likable guy, a good goalie.

Campbell only ever played 1 year as a starter and after an amazing start to last year, he struggled

McDavid help carrying Oilers team with 39 old mike smith as their starter. So overall i think Oilers will be fine

I wonder if Edm will try to a do 1-2 punch with Campbell and someone else. They just need to pick someone better than Mrazek

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
Good luck to them with this. He'll be inconsistent but may have a few good years. EDM team D is worse than the leafs tho so we'll see.

Its just the 5 years thats bad IMO. aav is fine

Reactions: HockeyVirus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad