Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] G Jack Campbell signs with the Oilers (5 years, $5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
lol Toronto couldn't match or beat that?
I don't see why they wouldn't want to.

Campbell is, at best, just a league-average guy. He nearly sank the Leafs with 4 months of ECHL play last year.

It's way too large of an investment. But good for Soupy to get his bag.

Aug 3, 2021
du3AFAC.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Dan Kelly

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
That's not what you said earlier this year when you said he was amazing.

Another HockeyVirus shit take.

When did I say he was amazing? After his Vezina level November? How about checking what he did after Jan 1st. And how many injuries he had. Also how much TO had to work for how soft he is mentally. Just wait, he will implode in Edmonton.

Reactions: Insidefi

NoelVilla

Feb 25, 2019
A little much cap-hit but it fills a huge need in Edmonton so they have to do it.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Campbell is really showing off those starting goalie reflexes by reacting to a contract offer right at noon, since he certainly didn't know any of the contractual terms prior to the leaguewide 12 PM opening of free agency

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
lol Toronto couldn't match or beat that?
It's not about couldn't - it's about the term being a big question mark. He's an inconsistent goalie - which can be supported by the need of Toronto looking for a goalie at TDL.

It's not hating on a player - trust me. Jack Campbell is one of the nicest personalities in NHL and I wish him nothing but the best. But his inconsistency makes the term very scary. Hopefully it works out.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I hope it works out for Jackie. One of the nicest guys in the game.
A lot of money for a guy with a very small sample size of good play tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad