Confirmed with Link: [EDM/ANA] Joel Persson for Angus Redmond and Conditional 2022 7th round pick

North

Jun 25, 2009
I don’t buy this at all. He was below average at best in the NHL. Was sent down to work on his game and actually was even worse. Just because his feelings were hurt doesn’t mean he was mistreated. Overcoming adversity is what makes good players even better, or in Perssons case, crumble and get worse.

Probably feels like being sent to the minors was him being treated poorly.

Reactions: TKB21

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
At the end of the day he was one of 10, now 11 d-man that we used this year.

He had ample time to earn himself a spot. He didn't.

We didn't need to trade him and he could've sat in the minors the remainder of the year, but Holland found a team that could potential give him a larger role.

Not sure what more the team was suppose to do for him.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Holland did Persson a favour here

Hopefully he doesn't pull an Erik Gustafsson or John Marino on us now

The Ducks are usually good at scouting D men so maybe they know something... :s

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Good for him if he does. I really don't see any scenario where he would've had a chance here to do that. Too many young guys already in front of him and I highly doubt he would've re-signed with us this offseason.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

Yes! This is an underrated factor. There is a human factor to trades. It's not just like a video game.

And of course there is use to it. When the next free agent prospect wants to sign somewhere, they will give a longer look to teams that try to do what is best for them in the end, and not just hold onto RFA status like a club.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Good for him if he does. I really don't see any scenario where he would've had a chance here to do that. Too many young guys already in front of him and I highly doubt he would've re-signed with us this offseason.

I thought he was a RFA? Oilers or back to Europe if so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad