Confirmed with Link: [EDM/ANA] Joel Persson for Angus Redmond and Conditional 2022 7th round pick

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
By all accounts he has been really bad in Bakersfield. Has the odd good play or game but not very good.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
That’s not it chief.

I suppose this is to get us down to 49 contracts, but he is worth more than a conditional 7th.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Makes me think, like I suggested before, that this was made as a request by the player or his agent since there was no way he would make the team this year.

Just a guess.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Not shocked that Holland is moving some AHL piece(s). At some point he was going to need to start adding some of his type of players to the AHL. Guy was a RFA and probably not back anyway.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
I agree, I think it was a contract dump. Curious what the conditions are/if the pick gets better.
Would assume it's something to do with him playing a certain number of NHL games this year. I also feel like it might be one of those conditional picks where if he doesn't hit the conditions, we just don't get anything, but we free up that contract spot.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
By all accounts he has been really bad in Bakersfield. Has the odd good play or game but not very good.

He has great numbers. For awhile was almost ppg...

I watched him close when he played on the Oilers and his game was good. Not perfect but he was playing top pairing with Klefbom and playing good.

I believe this is a pure politics situation.

No way a player can play so well in a top 4 nhl role. Get demoted, put up near ppg, and then get flushed by the organization so quickly short of something going on behind the scenes.

Very curious about the real story here but know we never hear it.

Reactions: Zguy370

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
He has great numbers. For awhile was almost ppg...

I watched him close when he played on the Oilers and his game was good. Not perfect but he was playing top pairing with Klefbom and playing good.

I believe this is a pure politics situation.

No way a player can play so well in a top 4 nhl role. Get demoted, put up near ppg, and then get flushed by the organization so quickly short of something going on behind the scenes.

Very curious about the real story here but know we never hear it.
Yep, this is a strange one to say the least, considering how Holland likes his Swedes, and the fact that some of his countrymen are already in the mix

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yep, this is a strange one to say the least, considering how Holland likes his Swedes, and the fact that some of his countrymen are already in the mix
Probably no room for him next year. He isn't better than Bear, Larsson, Benning or Bouchard so even if we move one of those guys out, he still is down the depth chart.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
With Green, Benning and one of Jones/Russell competing for that third pairing rightie spot, I don't think they saw much need for him.

He is a RFA right shooting defenseman that played on the top pairing with Klefbom while we opened the season on a massive win streak...

Green is a 34 year old UFA rental...

Needs got nothing you do with it.

Reactions: Summary

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad