HF Habs: Editions XXXV de Lounge: Je regrette rien version

Status
Not open for further replies.

President XD

Apr 30, 2014
But I do read :(

Unless you have rare conditions that go against the thermodynamics laws, i dont understand why you can be fat.

I have the biggest sweet tooth ever, on top of being a raging alcoholic and even i can stay in shape.

I mean, ive been working with fat people and athletes a lot, theres just a common trend between them. One knowd how to eat and the other doesnt.

Anyway, if you claim to know that i dont know everything, does that mean you know everything yourself? Contradicting idea.

See now this makes more sense than what you said earlier. But it's only a small piece of the puzzle. If you have been paying attention, there is a lot of talk going on about a lot of things. Is a calorie really a calorie? Is what is put in the food have any incidence on the brain making people eat more or choose bad food options? What about the environment and all the chemicals in the air? To say that people are fat just because they eat too much is being narrow minded. Thin people seem to think that all you need to stay thin is to eat less and exercise more. Well you can compare two people eating the same things, exercising the same and one will be overweight. Why? Do you account for stress. You for example work in a stressful environment which often leads to expending more energy. I went to school with a girl who was 5'5'' and weighted 98 pounds. The girl was eating upwards of 3000 calories in poutine, hot dogs, pizza, you name it and she couldn't add a pound of fat over a month. She did not exercise, she sat all day in school etc. How do you explain that.

Back in the 1500 when a bourgeois was fat, it's because he was wealthy and could splurge and indulge in food, food that was free of pesticides and other additives found in today's food chain. Nowadays, there are many factors to take into account and to dismiss it as just being people being lazy or having no self control is a disservice to all involved in the research or those afflicted with a problem they are working hard to get rid of.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I dont know every thing, here I am, I just bought a cactus and im kinda anxious to see it die in a few days because i have no idea how it survives.

I think it might need water every few weeks.

It's a cactus...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
See now this makes more sense than what you said earlier. But it's only a small piece of the puzzle. If you have been paying attention, there is a lot of talk going on about a lot of things. Is a calorie really a calorie? Is what is put in the food have any incidence on the brain making people eat more or choose bad food options? What about the environment and all the chemicals in the air? To say that people are fat just because they eat too much is being narrow minded. Thin people seem to think that all you need to stay thin is to eat less and exercise more. Well you can compare two people eating the same things, exercising the same and one will be overweight. Why? Do you account for stress. You for example work in a stressful environment which often leads to expending more energy. I went to school with a girl who was 5'5'' and weighted 98 pounds. The girl was eating upwards of 3000 calories in poutine, hot dogs, pizza, you name it and she couldn't add a pound of fat over a month. She did not exercise, she sat all day in school etc. How do you explain that.

Back in the 1500 when a bourgeois was fat, it's because he was wealthy and could splurge and indulge in food, food that was free of pesticides and other additives found in today's food chain. Nowadays, there are many factors to take into account and to dismiss it as just being people being lazy or having no self control is a disservice to all involved in the research or those afflicted with a problem they are working hard to get rid of.

At 17 I weighted in at 220 in my first collegial football camp. I was overweight, i didnt give a **** about what i was eating. My brother is about 240, he plays hockey three days a week but eats like ****, my dad is probably 230 also, never exercises, eats pizzas and smokes everyday, my niece is 12 and she weighs 200 pounds.

I come from a familly of fatties, im not thin because i have great genetics. Im thin because i know what to eat and how/when to eat it.

President XD

Apr 30, 2014
and I'll add to this my personal story which will explain why I blew a gasket. You make what you want out of it.

I've been battling obesity since I was 18 or so. When I was 16 years old I got my first job working at A&W. I was paid $4 an hour, $.15 over minimum wage. I was in business. On top of that, I had 40% on food and free drinks for the duration of my shift. In two years I went from a healthy 6 foot tall, 180 pound individual to a unhealthy 280 pound individual. I maintained that weight till spring of 1990 where I went on a diet, the worst kind of diet actually, nutribars and slim fast shakes, 2 times a day with a healthy dinner. From April 1990 to August 1990, I lost 80 pounds and was back at 200, which wasn't bad at all. I was able to maintain my weight, more or less for the next 7 years, yoyoing between 200 and 240, but never getting out of control. Then in 1997 I started putting on the weight again. This time I was up to 267 by 1999. I did the Mincavie diet and it I was able to get down to 235 and then quiet Mincavie. I maintained my weight again for a couple of years until I went back up but this time, to 287. Went back to Mincavie again and was able to get my weight down again for a few years until I hit rock bottom in 2011. This time I was up to 327 when I started yet another diet. I started with the Dash diet as my blood pressure was a bit high. That worked for a bit and then went more towards a regular diet of eating "healthy" and just counting calories, weighing everything etc until I transitioned to the Paleo Diet. Before the Paleo Diet, I had lost 60 pounds in a year or so. Then on the Paleo Diet I lost 30 pounds in 3 months. I was now down to 237 with some muscles as I was working out while dieting.

Now, I've packed a few pounds back on but nothing as bad as the previous times.

Now my problem is that I don't know why I can eat well and lose weight for 18 months and all of a sudden things get put in reverse and the opposite starts happening. It's not a lack of self control because clearly I have self control and can maintain that self control for more than a year at time. It's not because I'm lazy because I've always exercised regularly, be it playing hockey a few times a week, tennis, bicycling, you name it.

I also believe I know what to and what not to eat. So what gives? Why does my brain at some point just decide to go back to bad habits? Is it my relationship to food? Is it chemicals found in food that I will eat from time to time while on a diet to keep me sane? Is there such a thing as your body just not abdicating that easily and forcing you back towards your initial weight? Is it an hormone imbalance, the mood I'm in or whatever?

All this to say that if you've never been obese, or have been battling obesity for a while, chances are you don't know ****. You don't know how we feel, how much we struggle to just be like everyone else. There are a lot of preconceived ideas about people and more often than not, they couldn't be more wrong.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
and I'll add to this my personal story which will explain why I blew a gasket. You make what you want out of it.

I've been battling obesity since I was 18 or so. When I was 16 years old I got my first job working at A&W. I was paid $4 an hour, $.15 over minimum wage. I was in business. On top of that, I had 40% on food and free drinks for the duration of my shift. In two years I went from a healthy 6 foot tall, 180 pound individual to a unhealthy 280 pound individual. I maintained that weight till spring of 1990 where I went on a diet, the worst kind of diet actually, nutribars and slim fast shakes, 2 times a day with a healthy dinner. From April 1990 to August 1990, I lost 80 pounds and was back at 200, which wasn't bad at all. I was able to maintain my weight, more or less for the next 7 years, yoyoing between 200 and 240, but never getting out of control. Then in 1997 I started putting on the weight again. This time I was up to 267 by 1999. I did the Mincavie diet and it I was able to get down to 235 and then quiet Mincavie. I maintained my weight again for a couple of years until I went back up but this time, to 287. Went back to Mincavie again and was able to get my weight down again for a few years until I hit rock bottom in 2011. This time I was up to 327 when I started yet another diet. I started with the Dash diet as my blood pressure was a bit high. That worked for a bit and then went more towards a regular diet of eating "healthy" and just counting calories, weighing everything etc until I transitioned to the Paleo Diet. Before the Paleo Diet, I had lost 60 pounds in a year or so. Then on the Paleo Diet I lost 30 pounds in 3 months. I was now down to 237 with some muscles as I was working out while dieting.

Now, I've packed a few pounds back on but nothing as bad as the previous times.

Now my problem is that I don't know why I can eat well and lose weight for 18 months and all of a sudden things get put in reverse and the opposite starts happening. It's not a lack of self control because clearly I have self control and can maintain that self control for more than a year at time. It's not because I'm lazy because I've always exercised regularly, be it playing hockey a few times a week, tennis, bicycling, you name it.

I also believe I know what to and what not to eat. So what gives? Why does my brain at some point just decide to go back to bad habits? Is it my relationship to food? Is it chemicals found in food that I will eat from time to time while on a diet to keep me sane? Is there such a thing as your body just not abdicating that easily and forcing you back towards your initial weight? Is it an hormone imbalance, the mood I'm in or whatever?

All this to say that if you've never been obese, or have been battling obesity for a while, chances are you don't know ****. You don't know how we feel, how much we struggle to just be like everyone else. There are a lot of preconceived ideas about people and more often than not, they couldn't be more wrong.

Its most likely cause of sugar. We all go through the same stupid cravings. Im a sugar addict and i cant go a day without it, i guenuinly feel like **** when i try to go off it.

You may have a disease that keeps you from eating/burning effectively, I dont know, all I know is the majority dont have any disease.

Also, knowing about the different trends in diet isnt being informed. A paleo diet helps, but its far, far, far from being perfect and where you should be if you have problems like that.

Also, plz stop being so defensive in our haven of peace and love.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
I have the opposite problem. I have to eat a lot of calories or I start losing weight really quick. Fast metabolism. A big problem for me was when the lactose intolerance kicked in... at the time I could go through a bag of milk in one night if I had a craving. So I switched to beer instead.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
we're getting into chemtrails territory, i'm out

stay woke

Jet fuel doesn't burn at a high enough temperature to melt steel. So the reasonable theory is that the stuff they use for chemtrails is actually what brought down the towers on 9/11.

And that's beside the fact that they actually want you to think it was an inside job. :laugh:

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I have the opposite problem. I have to eat a lot of calories or I start losing weight really quick. Fast metabolism. A big problem for me was when the lactose intolerance kicked in... at the time I could go through a bag of milk in one night if I had a craving. So I switched to beer instead.

Good choice. :handclap:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
**** the fatties.
(In all the sense, everybody needs love)

That's awesome.

..Except milk stouts, of course.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Oh, and actually, thanks The Titan. I don't think no one said anything particularily offensive, but then again I never came close to having such issues. I was probably on the opposite side of things, if anything. I know I'll get mad if somebody tries to make fun of a stutterer.

All in all, it's probably a reminder to keep being careful when talking/typing. No point in offending anyone.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Oh, and actually, thanks The Titan. I don't think no one said anything particularily offensive, but then again I never came close to having such issues. I was probably on the opposite side of things, if anything. I know I'll get mad if somebody tries to make fun of a stutterer.

All in all, it's probably a reminder to keep being careful when talking/typing. No point in offending anyone.

I mean, stuttering is an actual disease/disorder that has no real cure, no? So laughing at this would be a total dick move. Though, in the case of Guy Carbonneau, hes asking for it.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I mean, stuttering is an actual disease/disorder that has no real cure, no? So laughing at this would be a total dick move. Though, in the case of Guy Carbonneau, hes asking for it.

I started stuttering for no apparent reason whatsoever at 5 years old and stopped for no apparent reason whatsoever ... at or around 25 years old. So much that absolutely no one who got to know me since has even a clue that I used to stutter.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
You know what would be sad? People laughing at balding patterns and hair recess. But that never happens, riiiiiiight Loungers? :laugh:

Well, there are... things that are easier to live with I guess. I'm greying, but it's not like I'm doing anything for or against this. Same thing with balding patterns I suppose. There's no going back either.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Well, there are... things that are easier to live with I guess. I'm greying, but it's not like I'm doing anything for or against this. Same thing with balding patterns I suppose. There's no going back either.

I just cant think of someone with another mindset than mine balding at such a young age. Its like its absolutely okay to laugh at my balding and to talk about it while im right there.

I dont care, i love who i am, im a strong independant balding white man :laugh:

But what if I actually cared? God damn, do I talk about your crooked teeth ? Do I talk about your fat belly ?

Im actually offended just thinking about it :laugh:

Maybe its just because its me, maybe its because I appear confident, i dont know.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I just cant think of someone with another mindset than mine balding at such a young age. Its like its absolutely okay to laugh at my balding and to talk about it while im right there.

I dont care, i love who i am, im a strong independant balding white man :laugh:

But what if I actually cared? God damn, do I talk about your crooked teeth ? Do I talk about your fat belly ?

Im actually offended just thinking about it :laugh:

Maybe its just because its me, maybe its because I appear confident, i dont know.

... Probably because there ain't many stigmas attached to balding. Save serious erectile problems of course. Luckily no such thing with premature greying.

But then again, I guess I just generally don't see any point in doing or saying things that cannot reasonably achieve anything positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad