GDT: [ECSF Game 6] CAR@NYR- THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HELL

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi guys. I'm the idiot that booked a later flight out of Raleigh trying to make a potential pre-flight practice. Then practice got canceled. Then my flight and all flights got canceled. Lol.

I am bored and antsy. What do we think will happen tonight
Word on the street is….

1D20884C-AF58-4FDE-A553-9714BF9BEDA3.gif

34B5084F-F04C-4CB0-ABC8-C425F3A0E775.gif

316499D9-161D-4888-8B6C-A1DA89F6EF5A.gif

ps. If this really Sara Civian, big fan of your work & think it’s great when women break through in NHL media. The other major sports were open to this much sooner and hopefully we continue to see talented women get fair opportunities.

I've started on whiskey. Too bad I can't taste it, well not much anyway. Can't smell bacon either, which really sucks and should be banned. f*** this Covid.
That sucks. Hopefully you have a mild strain & symptoms pass soon my Canes friend

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Yeah, it is expensive for sure. Some of the best fast food burgers a person can get in my humble opinion though. Or at least, it's easily one of my favorites.

I personally put it on par with In N Out (ubiquitous in Arizona which is where I grew up) in terms of food quality, and In N Out is much less expensive. I had almost no reason whatsoever to choose Five Guys over it.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
I personally put it on par with In N Out (ubiquitous in Arizona which is where I grew up) in terms of food quality, and In N Out is much less expensive. I had almost no reason whatsoever to choose Five Guys over it.
There aren't any In N Outs near me, but I've heard they're great. In fact, aren't they all on, or close to the west coast? Unless they've branched out east in recent years. I would like to try them if there was one close by.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
There aren't any In N Outs near me, but I've heard they're great. In fact, aren't they all on, or close to the west coast? Unless they've branched out east in recent years. I would like to try them if there was one close by.

West coast and southwest only I believe. The furthest east I think they go is Texas. Main reason for their limited expansion is that they don’t franchise any of their locations - they’re all centrally owned and operated by the same corporation, and supplied by the same supply chain.

Reactions: Tryamw and Sigurd

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
West coast and southwest only I believe. The furthest east I think they go is Texas. Main reason for their limited expansion is that they don’t franchise any of their locations - they’re all centrally owned and operated by the same corporation, and supplied by the same supply chain.
Tangential, but the very point of franchising in many cases seem to be making the entrepreneur your bitch by contractually forcing him to buy (among other stuff) all his supplies from you, the franchiser.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Tangential, but the very point of franchising in many cases seem to be making the entrepreneur your bitch by contractually forcing him to buy (among other stuff) all his supplies from you, the franchiser.

I phrased that poorly. I want to rephrase it to convey what I actually mean, but I think I've had a little too much of the single malt to care to try. Something like all their beef comes from the same farm so if they opened up a location on the east coast they'd have to ship it across the country and they're not willing to deal with that for the sake of a larger footprint.

Reactions: Lempo and Tryamw

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I ate 8 chicken wings and 5 tater tots for dinner (my 6 mo old got all the rest).

Canes win 8-5 in a game that feels like we're playing Toronto.
Why did you feed your six month old 4 wings!. and I hope you kept them just to normal hot.. not Atomic or whatever :)

Reactions: Stickpucker

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
I haven't had Five Guys in a while. I'm missing it.

Oh it's a restaurant!

It's a burger place. In short, it's decent but overpriced, if you want my personal opinion on it.

SR, I suspect that Lempo's post pretty much went over your head. Understandable, as you haven't been around us long enough for your mind to sink into the gutter to the point that the gist of it would jump out at you, lol. That may be a good thing! :D

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Why did you feed your six month old 4 wings!. and I hope you kept them just to normal hot.. not Atomic or whatever :)

Publix sells them in packs of four. Of course, that's actual whole, raw wings, so most people would call it "eight" wings (four drums and four flats - but it's two birds' worth of wings).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad