GDT: [ECSF - GAME 4] HCANES @ RONGOS - A SERIOUS DISCUSSION

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Don’t see tonight as a must win. But it would do wonders for my sanity lol

Don’t see tonight as a must win. But it would do wonders for my sanity lol
If you repeat it enough you'll finally believe it

Honestly though, while it's not obviously a "must-win" I feel like we're at the point it actually is a must win because we HAVE to learn to win on the road. We got away with home ice advantage against the Broons, same SO FAR against the Rags...but you just know Tampa will steal at least 1 road win against us. We need to prove we can win on the road now or we don't stand a chance against Tampa. We only struggled against Boston because of mental blocks and self-defeating. Now we seem to be doing similar against Shesterkin and the Rags (even though we mostly soundly beat both teams in regular season). We got past Boston, now we need to break free our putrid PP, inability to win on the road, and thinking Shesty in impenetrable (Pens already proved he wasn't). We are the only thing really standing in our way of making this push.

Reactions: Tryamw

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu

Honestly though, while it's not obviously a "must-win" I feel like we're at the point it actually is a must win because we HAVE to learn to win on the road. We got away with home ice advantage against the Broons, same SO FAR against the Rags...but you just know Tampa will steal at least 1 road win against us. We need to prove we can win on the road now or we don't stand a chance against Tampa. We only struggled against Boston because of mental blocks and self-defeating. Now we seem to be doing similar against Shesterkin and the Rags (even though we mostly soundly beat both teams in regular season). We got past Boston, now we need to break free our putrid PP, inability to win on the road, and thinking Shesty in impenetrable (Pens already proved he wasn't). We are the only thing really standing in our way of making this push.

I actually do believe that. I don’t think it’s a must win nor do I think we are incapable of winning on the road.

I am much more concerned about our horrible PP.

The thing about my unraveling sanity is true though HA.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I was a freshman in college at the time, so was pretty busy. I followed the canes, but not religiously since i couldn't watch the games easily where I was going to school. I don't think I was even really lurking here until around 2010-2011 or so. I'm not really sure why I moved from lurking to posting. I'm still a pretty heavy lurker TBH. At the end of the day who really cares about my hot takes.

Your hot takes be like:

giphy.gif

And... was their response "Scoreboard"?

If you make them hot enough, they will come.

giphy.gif

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Man I am not sure I've seen a team trying to peacock at the level that Gallant and Reaves are right now. Just a bunch of manufactured anger over a bunch of absolute nothing.

Only thing I worry about is that the league and refs are bought into it and allow them to run our players because they think the series is ready to bubble over. Or they just start going whistle happy against us to prevent it from getting out of control when this is all just a bunch of sabre rattling coming from their org.

And the irony of the Rangers outright saying they "need to run some guys" during a press conference after all the pearl clutching they did over Tom Wilson is not lost on me. Bunch of f***ing hypocrites.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Man I am not sure I've seen a team trying to peacock at the level that Gallant and Reaves are right now. Just a bunch of manufactured anger over a bunch of absolute nothing.

Only thing I worry about is that the league and refs are bought into it and allow them to run our players because they think the series is ready to bubble over. Or they just start going whistle happy against us to prevent it from getting out of control when this is all just a bunch of sabre rattling coming from their org.

And the irony of the Rangers outright saying they "need to run some guys" during a press conference after all the pearl clutching they did over Tom Wilson is not lost on me. Bunch of f***ing hypocrites.
If that’s all it took they’re a lot softer than I thought.

Reactions: Daeavorn and Tryamw

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Supposedly the Stanley Cup is in attendance at the Canes watch party tonight. Holy jinx, whyyyy must they do that to us? I hope all teams are getting their preday with the cup…

Reactions: VAcaniac and Tryamw

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Couple thoughts that jump out at me after looking at the Canes player pics:

Holy schnikes, is Kochetkov 17 years old? :oops:

koch headshot.jpg

Jarvis' pic looks like it's off of an old wanted poster.

Jarvis wanted poster.jpg

Kotkaniemi channeling vintage Will Smith / Vanilla Ice doo's.

kk hi top fade.jpg

And of course, the question of Trochecks parentage:

1653419057562.png

Attachments

• 1653418694787.png
    1653418694787.png
    150.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad