Series Discussion: ECQF: Washington Capitals vs. Toronto Maple Leafs. (LEAF FANS READ OP & POST 67)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I'm just glad that the team is going in "hot" unlike last year which resembled more of a slow crawl.

As long as Kuzy does Kuzy things, 3rd line scores a few goals, J-Williams does that thing that he's famous for as opposed to what he did last year:)banghead:) and 19 has one of the best playoffs of his career to match this seasons performance, Caps should do well.

It just feels better this year. Amen.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
I'm just glad that the team is going in "hot" unlike last year which resembled more of a slow crawl.

As long as Kuzy does Kuzy things, 3rd line scores a few goals, J-Williams does that thing that he's famous for as opposed to what he did last year:)banghead:) and 19 has one of the best playoffs of his career to match this seasons performance, Caps should do well.

It just feels better this year. Amen.

plus I've heard Eller is a good playoff pick up as well. I'm not worried this year, I think we will compete quite well.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Is this for real? Laich thought a playoff-bound team would trade for him?

The way he's been playing in the AHL this year I'm not sure an AHL contender would have wanted him. We just kind of laughed it off and I'm guessing Lou did as well by putting him on waivers and showing him how much interest there actually was ( or wasn't) for him.

Eeeeee, I've got too many tabs open, thought I was in the main board playoff thread. Sorry

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Trotz is not a doctor. The hit that finished off Alzner was innocent looking enough. But the red flags were there. Alzner was not practicing IIRC yet went bowling of all things.

He was hurt for a long time. I remember that. Have you ever jammed up your groin? You can walk without a limp. You can run too. But you cant get out of your car and getting in hurts like hell. So....bowling was no threat. Its skating that hurts

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
He also said he thinks he has many more years of hockey ahead of him. He's in complete denial about his level of play at this point.

Laich's ability to optimistically report his health and abilities has always operated at the 110% level.

Still, that's kind of uncomfortably awkward to read, even as hfboards second-hand hearsay. I just looked; dude has one goal in 27 games with the Marlies.

Tweedsuitcase

Sep 28, 2009
*should* be Caps in 5, IMO.
Hopefully a fun series with Toronto's youth and offense, and hopefully not too stressful for us fans.
God, i've had enough of the main board thread already.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
And Toronto has Matt Martin, Nazem Kadri, Brian Boyle, Connor Carrick, and Leo Komarov. And in general teams play with more of an edge in the playoffs. Once again, look at the dirty plays that guys like Brayden Schenn and Kris Letang were making in the playoffs last year. There's plenty of cheap shot risk against Toronto.

Yeah, each series is going to have some of that nastiness, even from players you don't expect. Orlov was lucky to escape life-changing injury after that hit from Pierre-Edouard Bellemare. I imagine Boyle will be in the thick of things, and you know Wilson and Martin are going to find each other at home point. I think Ovechkin is going to put Kadri in his place pretty early on.
Who is this other Brian Boyle you are talking about…?

I don't think anyone on that list other than Kadri is overly dirty? Martin might put a little extra on a questionable late hit but nothing crazy. See my above comment about Boyle. Carrick is a light weight. It's not a big deal unless he developed way worse habits than he had in Hershey.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Laich's ability to optimistically report his health and abilities has always operated at the 110% level.

Still, that's kind of uncomfortably awkward to read, even as hfboards second-hand hearsay. I just looked; dude has one goal in 27 games with the Marlies.

I don't even look at him the same anymore after he threw those ultimatums out there like that. It didn't even read like denial anymore. It was just plain old narcissism. :shakehead

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
He was hurt for a long time. I remember that. Have you ever jammed up your groin? You can walk without a limp. You can run too. But you cant get out of your car and getting in hurts like hell. So....bowling was no threat. Its skating that hurts

Hell yeah i tore up my groin. Self diagnosed of course :yo:.

2 times IIRC in college while playing brutal tackle football between different dorms. I recall it hurting to walk for 2-3 weeks. I didn't limp, but I couldn't walk fast.

Bowling, you run with a 15 pound ball and then slide on the floor. While it may not have hurt, it didn't help either.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I feel like people doubt Carlson year in and year out and dude is almost always our best performing Dman in the playoffs.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I feel like people doubt Carlson year in and year out and dude is almost always our best performing Dman in the playoffs.

Preach. It's his turn to be pooped on around here, no coincidence it's the same treatment Orpik got in his one injury plagued season. Next year he'll play awesome in the regular season. Book it.

I expect if he can play, he'll be making a positive impact.

Sep 19, 2008

Literally identical to the ones they gave out earlier this year, as well as last year too. At least the bracelets were kind of cool. These are just foam light up sticks. Where my towels at.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
They should give out mini Prez Trophy replicas so everyone can throw them on the ice after the first faceoff.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Caps in 4 games.

The league may want Toronto to win a couple to pump up the coffers and viewing audience. However, the games better not be "managed".

Caps need to take care of business right away. Time to rest between series would be beneficial.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
At least one of the Leafs games this year in Toronto was a reffing debacle, iirc.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
When i learned we are playing the leafs, i was happy and confident. but now after sleeping, i'm scared lol anyway it should be a fun series, hopefully we will show what playoff hockey is to their young guns.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
They likely won't but they should alternate Holtby and Grubauer in this series. Easy series. Good time to give Grubauer time. Will help vs Penguins to have him fresh if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad