Series Discussion: ECQF: Washington Capitals vs. Toronto Maple Leafs. (LEAF FANS READ OP & POST 67)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Looking like a good year for you guys. Letang injured, CBJ inexperienced and shaky going in, Rangers in a tough series against Montreal and as for Boston and Ottawa, I think the Leafs would have beaten either one of them.

Also no Tampa, no Flyers and no Islanders.

You guys take us in five games, or possibly six games or whatever we Leafs fans get to let the kids rest, train, have a bit of fun with their bonus money, get back on the ice and come back bigger and better next year, you guys will probably at some point have to deal with Pittsburgh, but this is the best Caps team ever.

giphy.gif

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Each team presents a unique challenge. Hopefully we're up to it round one so we can raise a "first round champions" banner opening night next year at a bare minimum ...

illpucks

May 26, 2011
I'm concerned about a Babcock vs Trotz matchup.

That said the Leafs are going to be steamrolled if the Caps show up at all.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Why is everyone saying the Boston series would be brutal vs us? I'm pretty fit Boston has beaten the Caps like twice in the past 15 matchups - and their main players are all still the same.

Regardless, Caps need to start scoring goals. Past 4-5 playoffs Caps would avg like 2 goals/game and rarely get even 3. Holts playoffs gaa in his career is under 2 yet is .500 in playoffs. It's time to light it up this year.

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Just me thinks this will be a tough series? I saw Leafs vs Pens when they clinched, I'm not looking forward to that. Their speed and ability to get shots on net was a problem for Pittsburgh, a fast team, and we're not that fast. Hopefully it'll just turn out as good practice against fast teams for round 2...

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
hey guys, we're not playing the rangers! We're not playing the rangers!!1!

Went with Caps in five, but wouldn't be surprised if they do the usual give another team life by letting it go to 6.

Lexicon

Dec 7, 2006
No clue
Since the 1999-00 year, the Caps have the 15th lowest GA for the year. It's interesting to note that most of the time, these teams go far, especially with four of these teams winning cups. Usually, when teams great defensively fall in the playoffs, it's because they lack offense, which the Capitals obviously do not.

attachment.php

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
LEAFS FANS: Read the OP of this thread. Do not come in here trying to Leafsplain why people are picking on you while you invade another team's board. This is not your home. If you're here to challenge our posters, get out now. Go to a neutral board. Period.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Why is everyone saying the Boston series would be brutal vs us? I'm pretty fit Boston has beaten the Caps like twice in the past 15 matchups - and their main players are all still the same..

Because they have Marchand and other dirty players. We might not have come out of tha series unscathed.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Best of luck to the Caps in playoffs. Tired of Pittsburgh/Chicago so go and win this thing. Time for someone new.
I would imagine the Caps/Leafs series should look very similar to round 1 of the Washington/Philly series last year.
I would imagine Caps in 4 or 5.
5 if we catch you sleeping one game.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Yes, they can.

But do remember, the Leafs were on the second night of a back to back.

Don't forget, we've had some success against Holtby in the past. Especially this year, scored four on him in November, and then chased him from a game in January.

Regardless, Caps in 5. Hope you guys win the Cup too. Ovy's awesome <3

The CAPS were playing their 5th game in 8 nights and are an older team. All teams have quirks of the schedule.

I see the Leafs best game likely being game 1 with the excitement of their first playoff in a bit so they'll be flying. The question will be if it will be out of control or not.

The CAPS need to show up, stay level headed, do the work and win.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Game 1 on Thursday? Sucks to wait that long.

Also, after the MTL series way back when,no Caps fan should be overtly confident of a sweep.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
(mod)

Excited to play you guys. Heading to DC with some friends for the Saturday game! Looking for some good, friendly bars to hang out in pre-game on Saturday if anyone has any recommendations. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Excited to play you guys. Heading to DC with some friends for the Saturday game! Looking for some good, friendly bars to hang out in pre-game on Saturday if anyone has any recommendations. :)

Clyde's is my go to place prior to Caps games and its right next door to Verizon. Then again, I don't go to to many Caps games so someone who regularly goes is better to get recommendations from. Still, plenty of options for adult beverages in the immediate Verizon area. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Toronto has run around and scored on us quite a bit this year so I'm a little worried...but we should be picking up our team D and this should be a lot tighter checking then any of the three regular season games. I think when the checking picks up and playoff experience kicks in the games will be very different and in our favor. I can't imagine this team giving up 4-5 goals a game in a playoff series to a very young run and gun team loaded with finesse players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino