Series Discussion: ECQF: Washington Capitals vs. Toronto Maple Leafs. (LEAF FANS READ OP & POST 67)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
The bus. Megabus, Bolt Bus, and the various Chinatown bus lines all have regular service between Philadelphia and DC (with a stop in Baltimore or White Marsh along the way). I used to take them regularly. Megabus and Bolt Bus will pick up/drop off near 30th Street Station in Philly and near Union Station in DC. The Chinatwon buses will start/finish in Chinatown in each city (obviously), which is conveniently near the Verizon Center on the DC end.

Amtrak is not very economical these days.

Thanks a ton for the help! Would just need to figure out how to get back to Philly after the game since I need to work the next day lol. Last bus is at 950

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
Depends on your definitions of economical and quick. Try Megabus if the train doesn't do it for you.

Yeah ill have to check out some more prices. Was hoping for round trip for 100 dollars or so

Depends how much game tickets go for too

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Would rather have played the Bruins. The Leafs have a good deal of speed and talent up front, and Matthews has the ability to be the best player on the ice. Would have preferred to play a team like Boston with minimal scoring talent and equally minimal team speed. They would have tried to win the series by playing physical and gooning it up and the Caps would have skated circles around them.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
Thanks that's what I thought. The train tickets are still bloody expensive lol

Nah dude. Megabus.

If you're flexible, you can get in dirt cheap. Takes you from 30th street station to Union Station. I went to Drexel and used it all the time. In fact, I attended Game 2 of the Isles series. Took the Megabus that day to DC right after class.

Only thing is that you have to pick a time that wont put you in traffic. Leave early.

And honestly, if you're down, you could try to find a return trip early Friday morning.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I think that this series will be intriguing.

The Leafs defense will make every period (forget game) an interesting adventure - however - at the same time, the Leafs generally play better when they have rest and practice. Which they'll have for Thursday. I do expect the Caps to win on Thursday, but I think the Leafs will adjust for Saturday.

the leafs gave Holtby fits so that's a yay for us - but it won't last throught the series.

I think the series will end in six. my Leaf heart hopes for the boys in Blue - obviously, but we'll see.

it's going to be n interesting one for sure :nod:

here's to a good series, Cap fans :) hope we can enjoy some ribbing on both sides :)

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
Does Carlson play in Game 1? Any bets?

I would let him heal, honestly.

What do we know about the nature of his injury? I was under the impression they were just being cautious with it. It seemed implied that he would be playing if recent games meant anything.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
The kids in Toronto will be in for a ruder awakening than the Caps in 07-08.

This Caps team is way better than that Philly team.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Would rather have played the Bruins. The Leafs have a good deal of speed and talent up front, and Matthews has the ability to be the best player on the ice. Would have preferred to play a team like Boston with minimal scoring talent and equally minimal team speed. They would have tried to win the series by playing physical and gooning it up and the Caps would have skated circles around them.

Which might have lead to a Caps injury, which is the last thing we need heading into Rd 2 against Pittsburgh.

Leafs were the much more preferable draw, despite their speed and talent on offense.

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
Nah dude. Megabus.

If you're flexible, you can get in dirt cheap. Takes you from 30th street station to Union Station. I went to Drexel and used it all the time. In fact, I attended Game 2 of the Isles series. Took the Megabus that day to DC right after class.

Only thing is that you have to pick a time that wont put you in traffic. Leave early.

And honestly, if you're down, you could try to find a return trip early Friday morning.

Super helpful! Thanks man. Going to check things out now.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I don't buy that injury risk would have been higher against the Bruins than the Leafs. This is the playoffs. At least a few players on each and every team will start edging over the line. We saw guys like Brayden Schenn throwing chicken **** elbows last year, and Kris Letang got himself suspended. The Leafs will have Matt Martin, Nazem Kadri, and Brian Boyle pushing the limit at the very least, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Carrick or Komarov get in the act as well.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Like Sycamore said, I can't believe the Caps luck.

Sens would have been tough, Bruins would have been brutal, Bolts would have been a tossup with them getting healthy guys back.

Leafs are a great young team but that D is a sieve. So unless Andersen goes full "Halak" we should get this done in 5 or 6.

Hope Pens/Jackets start on different day than Caps.

Rusty Shackleford

Leafs Nation
Jul 14, 2005
Ottawa, Ontario
Didn't seem to be an issue last time they played. Caps D can shut them down.

IS it possible that Toronto could win the series? Anything is possible. But this was the easier matchup than the one against Boston.

Also it should be noted Caps under Trotz era haven't lost a playoff series in the 1st round for that matter, or to anyone not named Rangers or Penguins.
Yes, they can.

But do remember, the Leafs were on the second night of a back to back.

Don't forget, we've had some success against Holtby in the past. Especially this year, scored four on him in November, and then chased him from a game in January.

Regardless, Caps in 5. Hope you guys win the Cup too. Ovy's awesome <3

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Yes, they can.

But do remember, the Leafs were on the second night of a back to back.

Don't forget, we've had some success against Holtby in the past. Especially this year, scored four on him in November, and then chased him from a game in January.

Holtby has the best sv% of all time in the playoffs. He's always there in big games, don't count on him falling apart, won't happen.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Good luck guys. If we can't win , hope you guys finally get your cup.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Massive opportunity for Kuzy to get his playoff mojo going.
Could be the perfect storm to get a confident playoff team.

Then again, its the Caps, so im still nervous as hell. I think we will find out pretty quickly the level of play this team is capable of.

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
You can take one of those MegaBuses for like $20.

It'll be a bit crazy but I might just do it

Gonna miss the first 30 minutes because the bus arrives at 830

But there is a midnight bus that would get me back to Philly for 4 AM. Going to need a lot of coffee the next day LOL

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
it's going to be a laugher. Doubt we can win even 1 game. Washington are quite possibly the Cup champs this year.

I don't mind though, there's no history or bad blood between us and the Caps. Losing to them will be fine, unlike losing to Montreal or Ottawa which would be an impossible pill to swallow ;)

i gotta say Caps in 4

Mitts Marner*

Have these teams ever played a playoff series? As long as nobody injures any Leafs, I'm happy either way.

I voted Leafs in 7, cause why not. Do I think it will happen? About as much as I think Adam Oates will assist on the Stanley Cup winning goal this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad