ECQF/MDSF: (M1) Washington Capitals vs (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes | WSH leads 2-1

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
I just hope both teams play clean hockey and if some stuff starts organically, then fine. But I dont want to see Canes chirping at Ove right away, carrying game 3 into game 4. Or any Caps starting the chirping or targeting of a specific player.
Me too but I doubt it will happen. It's the playoffs and the refs are letting 'em play, at least so far. Both teams have had some bad hits/stickwork

Reactions: Neil Racki

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
???

he got a penalty for this

this is the second time today a caps fan has tried to insinuate that a bad hit went uncalled and was 100% wrong

this stuff isn't hard to verify lmao
Ok fair enough but a Canes fan also said it might have been uncalled. If that's true I'll admit I jumped to conclusions.

Edit: you are correct. It was called high sticking on the ice. Still, a 2min minor is getting off easy for that.

Linnie The Pooh

Apr 17, 2019
Ashburn, Virginia
Me too but I doubt it will happen. It's the playoffs and the refs are letting 'em play, at least so far. Both teams have had some bad hits/stickwork
I doubt it will be either. If it isn't let the Refs do their jobs and hand out the penalties. The main thing is I hope no one on either team gets seriously injured. I didn't like seeing Svechnikov get KO ed and he was the player that wanted to go in the fight.

Reactions: JohnCarlsaurus

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I think there was a penalty called on the ice. Just was interesting that there wasn’t as much outrage over it as the Hamilton elbow. I thought it at least would have gotten looked at by DoPs but then again they can’t follow their own guidelines correctly. Kadri got his punishment for being a repeat, repeat offender

Edit: The only penalty Fleury got was a high sticking. I need to go back and watch the game. But others don't remember a call as well.

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
Nope not on that play. No call. Even though the O'Halloran is right there.

The only penalty Fleury got was a high sticking
Wait, so the high sticking call wasn't for the crosscheck to the face? I really don't want to go back and watch this game again but I may have to

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Wait, so the high sticking call wasn't for the crosscheck to the face? I really don't want to go back and watch this game again but I may have to

I'm not sure now. I think most people don't remember anything called for that. I need to go back after work.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Usually refs are same for whole series?

Ugh I hope not. Don't know for sure because I wasn't paying attention to the officials until now

They're not and it's fairly easy to verify

Game 1:
Referees - Trevor Hansen & Brad Meier
Linesmen - Jonny Murray & Tony Sericolo

Game 2:
Referees - Jean Hebert & Steve Kozari
Linesmen - Kiel Murchison & Greg Devorski

Game 3:
Referees - Eric Furlatt & Dan O'Halloran
Linesmen - Devin Berg & Scott Cherrey

Game 4:
Referees - Kelly Sutherland & Chris Lee
Linesmen - Pierre Racicot & Trent Knorr

Different officials every game thus far.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Look at the comments on that Twitter page. All of them are saying how did the refs miss that.

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
They're not and it's fairly easy to verify

Game 1:
Referees - Trevor Hansen & Brad Meier
Linesmen - Jonny Murray & Tony Sericolo

Game 2:
Referees - Jean Hebert & Steve Kozari
Linesmen - Kiel Murchison & Greg Devorski

Game 3:
Referees - Eric Furlatt & Dan O'Halloran
Linesmen - Devin Berg & Scott Cherrey

Game 4:
Referees - Kelly Sutherland & Chris Lee
Linesmen - Pierre Racicot & Trent Knorr

Different officials every game thus far.
Thanks. I figured as much I'm just paranoid about that one guy I guess

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Fleury cross check on Oshie was def called. But it came after game was decided imo and just seemed dirty. Its hockey. Caps fan have been very mild and not making a bigger deal out of it than it is/was imo. But it was dirty if we are keeping score.

Hamilton elbow I thought for sure there was no penalty called. Canes fan posted a sheet showing Dougie called for an elbow in but I dont think that was for the Kuz play. Could be wrong.

Anyways ... 5 o clock cant get here soon enough, im chomping at the bit here.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Nope. Was a missed call.

I mean, it wasn't though. As he said, it's not hard to verify. It's on the boxscore, and even the written full play-by-play confirms it.

He was called for high sticking there. Obviously, it could have been cross-checking or interference, but refs are gonna ref. The point is that it wasn't missed.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
I mean, it wasn't though. As he said, it's not hard to verify. It's on the boxscore, and even the written full play-by-play confirms it.

He was called for high sticking there. Obviously, it could have been cross-checking or interference, but refs are gonna ref. The point is that it wasn't missed.

I'm going to have to watch that trainwreck again because of you guys :laugh:

But either way, DoPS is at it again

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Nope. Was a missed call.

pzz3zKK.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events