ECQF Game 4: Washington Capitals @ Columbus Blue Jackets | 7:30 PM ET | SN,TVAS2, USA, FS-O, NBCSWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
LOL why did Jenner think that was a penalty? Hold your stick tighter, you just got stick lifted.

Also what's worse than Jenner thinking that was a penalty was him just stopping and throwing his hands up with the puck still in front of him.

Reactions: ujju2

apollo71426

Jan 21, 2010
The problem is that Ovechkin isn't a leader - he's a goal scorer, and one of the best ever.
Leadership needs to come from somewhere else. I still can't understand why they made him captain.
I honestly think they made him Captain so Leonsis could sell another $20 million in jerseys.

Reactions: Heath

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I honestly think they made him Captain so Leonsis could sell another $20 million in jerseys.
You sound like you watched the entirety of the 2009 Capitals season and then never another game until tonight. You're making weirdly semi-deep knowledge pulls but then coupling it with just wrong information about the current squad.

apollo71426

Jan 21, 2010
You sound like you watched the entirety of the 2009 Capitals season and then never another game until tonight. You're making weirdly semi-deep knowledge pulls but then coupling it with just wrong information about the current squad.
I've watched or listened probably a ~1000 cap games over the past 20 years.

Regardless, are you trying to argue that Ovechkin should have been made Captain? EVEN with the benefit of hindsight?

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
If Panarin isn’t going, CBJ just doesn’t have the offensive fire power to beat the contenders in the playoffs.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I think Caps will win this series but they make it so hard on themselves... Will have nothing left for round 2 and get crushed by Penguins.

apollo71426

Jan 21, 2010
Please tell me how my information about the current team is wrong. The Carlson/Schultz comparison was obviously a humorous exaggeration.

But Carlson is a fraud of a 1D, just like Ovechkin is a fraud of a captain.

And you KNOW Papa TED is signing him to an 8x8 deal this summer.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Please tell me how my information about the current team is wrong. The Carlson/Schultz comparison was obviously a humorous exaggeration.

But Carlson is a fraud of a 1D, just like Ovechkin is a fraud of a captain.

And you KNOW Papa TED is signing him to an 8x8 deal this summer.
Disagree with Carlson . Dudes a stud when he’s on

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013

No, not really. He scores a lot of points because he assists Ovie on the PP. His defense is usually, but not always, below par, especially for a 1D. Reminds me a lot of Mike Green. Ask Detroit if they're happy that they overpaid him in the free agent market.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010

Caps fan... he's pretty much a taller mike green... that's it. Defensively, he's not terrible, but not guy you break the bank for. Whatever team overpays him is gonna find out that unless they get OV in the package, Carlson isn't that good.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I've watched or listened probably a ~1000 cap games over the past 20 years.

Regardless, are you trying to argue that Ovechkin should have been made Captain? EVEN with the benefit of hindsight?
Yes.

Numerous former players have said he's a great leader even when they were less than kind in their words about other players/coaches on the team. I will always default to the players in the locker room as opposed to message board warriors who play arm chair psychologists based on body language.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
The Ovi-bashing is hilariously sad. The guy's pretty much the best pure goalscorer of all time and still gets bashed endlessly around here. It needs to stop.

Reactions: ovikovy817

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
No, not really. He scores a lot of points because he assists Ovie on the PP. His defense is usually, but not always, below par, especially for a 1D. Reminds me a lot of Mike Green. Ask Detroit if they're happy that they overpaid him in the free agent market.
Detroit is happy with green. He was there best Defenseman by FAR this year :

If you don’t like Carlson fine. But he’s a legit 1D in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: