ECQF Game 4: Washington Capitals @ Columbus Blue Jackets | 7:30 PM ET | SN,TVAS2, USA, FS-O, NBCSWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Well we can agree to disagree. He's a solid number 2 but nowhere near the franchise number 1 most teams have relied on in long playoff runs over the past 10 years.

How many Franchise D are there in the league. He’s good enough to win a cup with as your best defenseman

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If Panarin isn’t going, CBJ just doesn’t have the offensive fire power to beat the contenders in the playoffs.
Not when everyone is slotted too high. Wennberg being out threw everything off.

I know it's the playoffs and injuries happen but the jackets center depth is severely lacking, dubinsky is good for faceoffs and some defensive play, but the puck on his stick is a disaster waiting to happen. Foligno isn't a center. Jenner can't create or sustain any offense while playing center and Letestu isn't really capable of anything more than 3rd or 4th line duties.

I really think they are going to shore up the center depth this off-season. I think Dubois-Wennberg is a fine 1/2 punch, but unless someone like Stenlund breaks through(extremely unlikely) they desperately need someone to help push play offensively in the bottom 6.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
“I think he's a great leader. I think he's a heck of a guy, great player. I think everybody who's been here for a while has seen him change over the years. He wants to win really, really badly and I think he's probably like the rest of us, a little frustrated trying to figure out what the problem is. He's with us all, but yeah he's been a really, really important piece of this puzzle and great guy to learn from.” -Alzner

“There's all different types of leaders,I think when you see O go out there and he's hitting guys and shooting pucks and playing hard, I think that's when he leads by example.” - Oshie

“You get to see a little bit some sides that you don't see compared to when you play against him. It was positive. He always has a positive mindset, comes with a smile to practice, to every game. He wants to win as badly as anybody. There's only good things to say about him."- Eller

"I never worry about Ovi. He’s an all-in guy. He’s young, he makes his mistakes, the same as anyone would. I often try to put myself in his position. And you've got to remember, he’s 25 years old, he’s got a guaranteed $120 million, he’s on top of the world, and he still for the most part makes the right decisions. I don’t worry about him, I don’t worry about most of the guys on that team. That’s why I think in the end they’ll do well. Ovi has some growing up to do as far as taking care of himself and things like that, but as far as his want to win, he really does just want to win the games, and he doesn’t care if he scores or not. That isn’t an act. He’s a great guy, great player. I’d never say anything bad about him." -Matt Bradley in 2011 in which he ripped the coaching staff, the locker room, and Alex Semin by name.

I absolutely loved it,” defenseman Matt Niskanen said on Monday night. “I loved that [Ovechkin] didn’t take it personal. This time of year, sometimes you have to just check your ego and work harder. In Game 5, he skated his butt off, ran into people, he was a bull in a china shop again and got rewarded with a goal. His attitude hasn’t changed. He wants to win and wants to come here and make a difference. That’s not easy to do for a proud player that’s been a top, top player in this league for a long time. He checked his ego and that was that.” - Matt Niskanen on Ovechkin playing on the third line last playoffs

"Right now, it’s not a good time to talk about, ‘Well, I’m gonna play less,’ or ‘I’m gonna play more,’ ” he said. “We’re here to get result and we’re here to get successful as a team, not individual. That’s a big part of our success.” - Ovechkin on being on the third line

apollo71426

Jan 21, 2010
How many Franchise D are there in the league. He’s good enough to win a cup with as your best defenseman
Yea obviously they are a rare and expensive commodity. But players like Letang, Doughty, Keith, Chara win cups. Remember the Caps had multiple oppotunities to obtain a player of their caliber, but owner/management thought BB and 3.5 GG trumped defense. They were and ARE wrong!!

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Yea obviously they are a rare and expensive commodity. But players like Letang, Doughty, Keith, Chara win cups. Remember the Caps had multiple oppotunities to obtain a player of their caliber, but owner/management thought BB and 3.5 GG trumped defense. They were and ARE wrong!!
Who could they have obtained? They tried to get Karlsson this year

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Yes.

Numerous former players have said he's a great leader even when they were less than kind in their words about other players/coaches on the team. I will always default to the players in the locker room as opposed to message board warriors who play arm chair psychologists based on body language.

Sorry, but I can't think of him as a "great leader" when he hasn't led them to victories when it matters the most, ie: getting past 2nd round.
I have nothing against the team or Ovie - Caps are my favourite team. I just think a leadership change is needed.

apollo71426

Jan 21, 2010
“I think he's a great leader. I think he's a heck of a guy, great player. I think everybody who's been here for a while has seen him change over the years. He wants to win really, really badly and I think he's probably like the rest of us, a little frustrated trying to figure out what the problem is. He's with us all, but yeah he's been a really, really important piece of this puzzle and great guy to learn from.” -Alzner

“There's all different types of leaders,I think when you see O go out there and he's hitting guys and shooting pucks and playing hard, I think that's when he leads by example.” - Oshie

“You get to see a little bit some sides that you don't see compared to when you play against him. It was positive. He always has a positive mindset, comes with a smile to practice, to every game. He wants to win as badly as anybody. There's only good things to say about him."- Eller

"I never worry about Ovi. He’s an all-in guy. He’s young, he makes his mistakes, the same as anyone would. I often try to put myself in his position. And you've got to remember, he’s 25 years old, he’s got a guaranteed $120 million, he’s on top of the world, and he still for the most part makes the right decisions. I don’t worry about him, I don’t worry about most of the guys on that team. That’s why I think in the end they’ll do well. Ovi has some growing up to do as far as taking care of himself and things like that, but as far as his want to win, he really does just want to win the games, and he doesn’t care if he scores or not. That isn’t an act. He’s a great guy, great player. I’d never say anything bad about him." -Matt Bradley in 2011 in which he ripped the coaching staff, the locker room, and Alex Semin by name.

I absolutely loved it,” defenseman Matt Niskanen said on Monday night. “I loved that [Ovechkin] didn’t take it personal. This time of year, sometimes you have to just check your ego and work harder. In Game 5, he skated his butt off, ran into people, he was a bull in a china shop again and got rewarded with a goal. His attitude hasn’t changed. He wants to win and wants to come here and make a difference. That’s not easy to do for a proud player that’s been a top, top player in this league for a long time. He checked his ego and that was that.” - Matt Niskanen on Ovechkin playing on the third line last playoffs

"Right now, it’s not a good time to talk about, ‘Well, I’m gonna play less,’ or ‘I’m gonna play more,’ ” he said. “We’re here to get result and we’re here to get successful as a team, not individual. That’s a big part of our success.” - Ovechkin on being on the third line
Are you being serious? I don't think a single one of those guys has ever even made it to a final. And they are all inferior to Ovechkin (if you take into account their whole careers).

And their quotes mostly consist of "hes a good guy" and "you can tell he wants to win". Wow he wants to win? BETTER STITCH THE C.

YOUR take is ridiculous and I honestly expected better from you.

With that being said, have your OVECHKIN goal.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Sorry, but I can't think of him as a "great leader" when he hasn't led them to victories when it matters the most, ie: getting past 2nd round.
I have nothing against the team or Ovie - Caps are my favourite team. I just think a leadership change is needed.
Well when the Capitals invite you to training camp your opinion on the issue will probably matter, until then...

apollo71426

Jan 21, 2010

Also, that isn't lockeroom talk, that's MEDIA talk.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Are you being serious? I don't think a single one of those guys has ever even made it to a final. And they are all inferior to Ovechkin (if you take into account their whole careers).

And their quotes mostly consist of "hes a good guy" and "you can tell he wants to win". Wow he wants to win? BETTER STITCH THE C.

YOUR take is ridiculous and I honestly expected better from you.

With that being said, have your OVECHKIN goal.

Luckily your opinion doesn't mean anything in regards to the Captain of the Washington Capitals, the players do and they like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->