Who wins game 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
First- lol

2nd Note to get political... but I've taught 4th or 5th grade for 20 years.

I have to say, the Common Core, is far more rigorous than the curriculum I learned as a kid (in fact, I'd argue it's TOO rigorous and not always developmentally appropriate, and I'm in a high-achieving district). Yeah, the math is different at the younger grades than it was back in the 70s and 80s but when you see it as a continuous thread that builds, it makes a lot more sense.

The emphasis is on understanding place value, numbers sense and being able to explain with words, models or pictures instead of just rote memorization.

I don’t think we do this in canada. My kids are still young though, so I guess I’ll find out soon

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Nope down at our place in south Florida. The only downfall is having to watch the national US broadcast, my Roger's account wont let me stream here

Cool, idk watching some highlights on YouTube I actually prefer Mike Emrick over Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson. Obviously opinions will vary though.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Cool, idk watching some highlights on YouTube I actually prefer Mike Emrick over Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson. Obviously opinions will vary though.

I hate them all, but the shots from the corner giving Emrick an aneurism while point blank from Toronto is barely mentioned gets old.

What's the worst is Milbury being given airtime. He is worse than Cherry.

Reactions: Tak7

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I hate them all, but the shots from the corner giving Emrick an aneurism while point blank from Toronto is barely mentioned gets old.

What's the worst is Milbury being given airtime. He is worse than Cherry.

I think people here are very unfair regarding commentators.

However, spot on regarding Millbury - he's awful. He sounded heartbroken once the Leafs goal stood.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
So far Marchand has been clean and I'm surprised he has not even had a 2:00 penalty yet. However let's be realistic he's far from a clean player with his history.

He's had some blemishes, we all know that. I was responding to a snarky immature comment re: "learning from #63."

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
63 who has Been one of if not the best forwards in this series and has played clean? Ok. Thanks for posting. Go back to your coloring books now.

Didn't know that one clean series erases his years of antics. Plus there is still at least one game for him to show his colours

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
He's had some blemishes, we all know that. I was responding to a snarky immature comment re: "learning from #63."

I mean he's not wrong. Marchand is a master artist at those kind of plays

Doesn't take away from the fact that he's a skilled m.f. Great player

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Well maybe the best Bruin forward. He has been dojgn a few cheap shots, but not his normal garbage. However we cannot mistake that POS for a clean player.

He's got a history, true. It's also true that his history has nothing to do with MacAvoy. Zero. Some folks are just so agenda driven that they've got to take their shots every chance they get.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
why? even if it was the other format it doesn't mean both of them would be into the second round.
That's true, however under the old playoff format we would not be guaranteed to see Toronto or Boston being eliminated after the 1st round, because they would not face each other if teams made the playoffs when they did 1-8, 2-7, 3-6 & 4-5.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
why? even if it was the other format it doesn't mean both of them would be into the second round.
ya, agree with the other guy, first versus worst per conference is a better format for having the best teams advance. It seems like a division in each conference is always much stronger than the other, especially since the division consolidations

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
would love to see this guy back for game 6... matches his jersey number also :sarcasm:

BBW3cSZ.img

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
That's true, however under the old playoff format we would not be guaranteed to see Toronto or Boston being eliminated after the 1st round, because they would not face each other if teams made the playoffs when they did 1-8, 2-7, 3-6 & 4-5.

this doesn't mean that boston or toronto would have made it out of the first round if they faced other oppenents.
people keep going how this format sucks, it should be "worst vs first" yah. okay. but Tampa and Calgary are both gone vs. "the worst". which - isn't that worst. people wanted parity, here it is, and no matter how the format is adjusted, i think the quality regardless of the seeding is going to lead to some crazy results. it doesn't matter anymore.

PemIceKing

Dec 23, 2011
Leafs fans getting their panties in a bunch because I said the series is painful to watch. Yes I’m a Habs fan but I’m also a hockey fan and it is the worst series of them all so far. Both teams haven’t been impressive at all.

Well thanks for your input. Leafs are going to crush Boston tomorrow. A long time coming but the stars are perfectly aligned for the Leafs tomorrow. Enjoy

PemIceKing

Dec 23, 2011
I think it can be boring and still be impressive. The defensive game of both teams was really impressive yesterday. The game would have been more exciting with more breakdowns, but they generally didn't happen.

Leafs dominated Boston in every aspect of the game yesterday. Absolutely shut Boston down. Very impressive game.

Reactions: Menzinger

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Well thanks for your input. Leafs are going to crush Boston tomorrow. A long time coming but the stars are perfectly aligned for the Leafs tomorrow. Enjoy

didn't you say this for game 2 and 4 also?

this series is destined to go 7

Reactions: nofehr

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
I think it is because they have to schedule both a Raptors and a Leafs home playoff game on the same day.

They played at the same time last night, and Raps are on the road again. It's NBC, I'm sure. The only other game is SJ-VGK, and NBC wants a day game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad