ECQF/ADSF: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (A3) Toronto Maple Leafs Part 5 (Toronto Leads 2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
The bruins played physical hockey game

We get it...leaf fans are afraid of playoff physical hockey...should leafs advance - good luck playing a much heavier/physical team in the CBJs.

Leaf fans appear to be the only folk complaining relentlessly about officiating and physical play. I should add it's not all leaf fans but in this thread it's the majority.

It's the playoffs get ready for more and more of game 2 ... it's not going to end.

Time to chew on the pacifier and try to enjoy the playoffs.

No one has an issue with hard, physical hockey. The problem is some folks can't differentiate between CLEAN, hard, physical hockey and game 2.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Saw it in the Isles game last night. Barzal down on a knee takes 2-3 hard cross checks to the back and as he gets up clips the defender in the face. He got 2 minutes. The cross checker? Nothing.

Back to DeBrusk. You likely haven’t seen him much, we do every game. He is really not a guy that plays to that edge like You assumes above. He plays hard but he’s not a huge hitter and he’s not chippy. What he is, or what he will do, is not take crap or be pushed around. Really goes back to the Kadri take down in Game 1. He was taken down hard and kind of dirty and he has fought back. When Dermott has the stick to his neck after the whistle he fought back. That’s just playoff intensity.

...or illegal play resulting in potential injury. Again, all the refs have to do is call the obvious penalty and no one cares after that.

Bodybr3ak

Nov 19, 2010
The bruins played physical hockey game

We get it...leaf fans are afraid of playoff physical hockey...should leafs advance - good luck playing a much heavier/physical team in the CBJs.

Leaf fans appear to be the only folk complaining relentlessly about officiating and physical play. I should add it's not all leaf fans but in this thread it's the majority.

It's the playoffs get ready for more and more of game 2 ... it's not going to end.

Time to chew on the pacifier and try to enjoy the playoffs.

This is stupid.

The leafs are playing a much better physical game then the bruins (see Chara getting thrown around by Zach Hyman) and are currently out hitting the bruins in the series. I hope the bruins go back to game 2 hockey, they’ll get penalized like crazy and get chewed by our top PP unit again.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
No one has an issue with hard, physical hockey. The problem is some folks can't differentiate between CLEAN, hard, physical hockey and game 2.

What some leaf fans are missing is simple - it's not always going to be CLEAN in the playoffs. It never is.

A very fine line when it comes to playing physical brand hockey. The Kadri head hit was all too obvious and dangerous other than that physical play comes in many forms and some infractions will be missed or allowed.

What is comical in all this officiating complaints is Toronto has the dirtiest player in the NHL. It was all too obvious in game 1 and 2... it again caught up to him.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
The Bruins are gonna fly all over. We’ll do whatever we want and get away with it. We love winning in your house, it’s better than at home
Is that why you lose home games? To give you extra games so you can win on the road? Brilliant!

Trash talk is fun and all but I suspect the Bruins will disappoint you, they will be too busy looking for a meal from the dumpsters out back :P

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
dude don't know why you're being so defensive. A best 2 of 3 with 2 road games is always going to be tough for us. Relax
It's not defensive to point out to a guy that the series of events he predicts just happened and the out come was the opposite of what he predicted. It's friendly banter. I know emotions are running high but I am happy to take trash talk from a real rival. Pretty tired of hearing it from western teenagers who think we're their rival.

So just having fun man.

Reactions: HOF Paul Henderson

HOF Paul Henderson

Jan 16, 2019
It's not defensive to point out to a guy that the series of events he predicts just happened and the out come was the opposite of what he predicted. It's friendly banter. I know emotions are running high but I am happy to take trash talk from a real rival. Pretty tired of hearing it from western teenagers who think we're their rival.

So just having fun man.

Hockey forums are serious business!! This is no place for fun!!!!

Fun is forsaken in these lands

Rielly4Capn

Apr 16, 2019
Saw it in the Isles game last night. Barzal down on a knee takes 2-3 hard cross checks to the back and as he gets up clips the defender in the face. He got 2 minutes. The cross checker? Nothing.

Exactly. So the initiator gets nothing, but the retaliation gets called. That did NOT happen in game 2 of the leafs bruins series, and it turned into a gongshow quickly. They call the penalty that jeopardizes player safety, and look what happens in the isles game, no stupid gongshow, just hockey.

As for Debrusk, I certainly don't see him every night, but I never said he's a dirty guy - I said he did some dirty things, and he has learned from one of the dirtiest players in history how to get away with it, he did it well and it helped his team win. I don't think he's a dirty player like Kadri or Marchand are, and I like him as a player a lot, high skill and high energy kid, love it. He played a dirty game in game 2, but playing a dirty game doesn't need to be justified by previous hits or anything, its a legitimate way to play playoff hockey and get your opponent off their game, playing that way is fine. Refs allowing violence to escalate from it is not.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Call me crazy but I think the Leafs will win the series this time despite their lack of physical play

The leafs aren't lacking physical play...in fact embracing it. This wasn't the case last year. They're playing well and could very well win the series however the bruins are getting some healthy players back which should help plus as you well know the bruins never quit.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018

So just having fun man.
Bro I'm a leaf fan..... lol. Just a scared one ha!

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Physical hockey is awesome and I think most fans love it. Goonery on the other hand is not part of the game and I hope some day it is completely eliminated from the game. It seems like Boston fans can't tell the difference between physical hockey and goonery so here are some guidelines for those having trouble with this concept:

Physical hockey - what Muzzin has been doing to Pasternak.

Goonery - Debrusk in game 2.

I hope that helps.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Call me crazy but I think the Leafs will win the series this time despite their lack of physical play
Once again for those in the back, the Leafs are outhitting the Bruins so far in the series. Muzzin is having a field day with Pasta. Chara is getting knocked on his ass left and right. Or did you mean something else with "lack of physical play"?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Thread - Leafs/Bruins referees reprimanded for Game 2 performance - was locked due to unreconizable source :laugh:

Leaf trying to "hockey politics" a way out from another game 2 from occuring

Naw... wont be that easy. Finish every bodycheck on a blue will be the slogan for the Bruins tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad