ECQF/ADSF: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (A3) Toronto Maple Leafs Part 5 (Toronto Leads 2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
The least physical series in the playoffs. Unreal watching how hard and punishing teams leading their respective series are playing.

The cup is truly survival of the toughest physically / mentally and individually / as a team. The caps were relentless last year.

Last edited:

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Unless the score gets out of hand, I’d expect a more civil affair this evening.

It’ll help no one is in their seats for the first 10 minutes at that morgue they call an arena.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

It’ll help no one is in their seats for the first 10 minutes at that morgue they call an arena.

We the North outdoors is far from a morgue but agree the suits always dominate that arena. Most other arenas haven't lost the in your face crowd.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
We the North outdoors is far from a morgue but agree the suits always dominate that arena. Most other arenas haven't lost the in your face crowd.
Lol true. I give no flak to the people outside freezing their arses off.

Can you buy beer at least in that setup there? I know you can tailgate in the city now but it’s not like there is a decent place to do so within a mile of that rink

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011

When a lot of the tickets are reserved for corporations and filled by suits and the seats that are available are ridiculously priced it's kinda hard for the average fan to buy a playoff ticket

For me it's either go to school or go see a leaf playoff game or two....

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Lol true. I give no flak to the people outside freezing their arses off.

Can you buy beer at least in that setup there? I know you can tailgate in the city now but it’s not like there is a decent place to do so within a mile of that rink

Not sure about the beer thing ... many bars not too far away. Wineskins and MJ work too lol.

Reactions: easton117

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
The least physical series in the playoffs. Unreal watching how hard and punishing teams leading their respective series are playing.

The cup is truly survival of the toughest physically / mentally and individually / as a team. The caps were relentless last year.

I'm not sure if I agree with least physical, but I'd say it's pretty on par with all of the series right now. Watching Vegas series last night, guys were dishing brutal hits, and in all of the games I have been watching face washes were everywhere, scrums-a-plenty, guys trying to run opponents through the boards...just some nasty and aggressive stuff going on.

It helps to watch some other games and realize this is typical playoff hockey and that your team isn't getting screwed under some conspiracy, it's actually just very difficult to call the games in a manner that won't result in each side seeing things differently. Maybe even impossible.

Last edited:

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

Have you been here before? Honestly curious.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I have and it's not too difficult to see the arena leaf fans come nowhere close to any other arena in the league.
Sorry, should have rephrased my question, have you been to a playoff game? It's a totally different story. Much different atmosphere.

Totally agree that the regular season atmosphere at the ACC/SBA leaves a lot to be desired, with the exception of Saturday nights and some rivalry games. It's just the nature of the situation in Toronto and unfortunately there is little room to resolve it.

Regardless, you're nuts if you think the Leafs have the worst atmosphere in the league. Not even close. I've been to games at 16 NHL arenas now and it's not debatable.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Have you been here before? Honestly curious.
Ya man. Live up north though. Bit of a hike lol.

Had a chance to go to the Bruins game in January? Forget now. Had cheap tickets too but had to pass that night.

Haven’t been down for a game in several years which sucks. Life stuff gets in the way.

Actually one of my best event memories was seeing the Hip play there for New Year’s Day way way back in 2000 (or 2001). Whenever it was. Had box seats that night. Felt like a rich person lol

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Sorry, should have rephrased my question, have you been to a playoff game? It's a totally different story. Much different atmosphere.

Totally agree that the regular season atmosphere at the ACC/SBA leaves a lot to be desired, with the exception of Saturday nights and some rivalry games. It's just the nature of the situation in Toronto and unfortunately there is little room to resolve it.

Regardless, you're nuts if you think the Leafs have the worst atmosphere in the league. Not even close. I've been to games at 16 NHL arenas now and it's not debatable.

How much are the tickets for tonight's game? How many tickets are reserved seating for corporations? The playoff atmosphere will be there but they fail to compare against every other playoff game because of the fan mix. Columbus, Nashville, Jets, Boston, Pitts, etc...

It's much different in Toronto - Like I said nothing compares to the We the North because those are the fans that can't get in! Guessing louder than inside.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Ya man. Live up north though. Bit of a hike lol.

Had a chance to go to the Bruins game in January? Forget now. Had cheap tickets too but had to pass that night.

Haven’t been down for a game in several years which sucks. Life stuff gets in the way.

Actually one of my best event memories was seeing the Hip play there for New Year’s Day way way back in 2000 (or 2001). Whenever it was. Had box seats that night. Felt like a rich person lol
That would have been a good show!

Always a good crowd when Boston is in town, though. A good amount of Bruins fans show up.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
I was scrolling through the Habs forum and found what I thought was an interesting poll by @Lshap

In short, it asked Habs fans: Boston or Toronto: Who are you rooting for/against?
I was somewhat shocked to see 75% of Habs fans wanted the Bruins to beat the Leafs. I say this as the Bruins have in my opinion a far bigger rivalry with the Habs over the last 40 or so years. I would have fully expected the Habs fans to be rooting against their biggest arch rival yet surprisingly to me they seem to hate the Leafs more then the Bruins even though in my opinion they have a far less heated history with the Leafs.

I honestly wonder why that is?

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
That's true of the regular season, but not during the playoffs. The arena is rocking during the playoffs.
It rocks louder than it does during the regular season. Compared to other NHL arenas, it’s still a church. The proof is currently on our TVs every night.

Reactions: Blowfish

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I was scrolling through the Habs forum and found what I thought was an interesting poll by @Lshap

In short, it asked Habs fans: Boston or Toronto: Who are you rooting for/against?
I was somewhat shocked to see 75% of Habs fans wanted the Bruins to beat the Leafs. I say this as the Bruins have in my opinion a far bigger rivalry with the Habs over the last 40 or so years. I would have fully expected the Habs fans to be rooting against their biggest arch rival yet surprisingly to me they seem to hate the Leafs more then the Bruins even though in my opinion they have a far less heated history with the Leafs.

I honestly wonder why that is?

Mutual respect - that simple. That's my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00