ECQF: (1) Washington Capitals vs. (WC1) Columbus Blue Jackets | Caps Lead Series 3-2

Who ya got?! Caps or CBJ?

• WSH (sweep)

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • CBJ (sweep)

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • WSH (in 5)

Votes: 96 13.0%
  • CBJ (in 5)

Votes: 16 2.2%
  • WSH (in 6)

Votes: 232 31.4%
  • CBJ (in 6)

Votes: 129 17.5%
  • WSH (in 7)

Votes: 114 15.4%
  • CBJ (in 7)

Votes: 125 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
For what it's worth.. Since the trade deadline the CBJ regular season PP% was ranked 8th in the NHL... Up from 30th... Thomas Vanek has had an impact on the CBJ few would believe...

Quiet Bob, this thread is about the Pens vs. Caps in the next round. Sid vs. Ovi. Go find the Columbus thread. I think it's in the Other League section of the board.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
Washington is probably the best opponent you can have. Don't get so complacent; Columbus has a long way to go, given the fact that there's still Pittsburgh, Nashville, Tampa Bay, and Boston in the playoffs.
You dont have to worry about that, Jackets fans on the whole recognize our limitations.

It is interesting though, my prediction in post 3 of the GDT was that Ovechkin would have a big game after a quiet Game 1. 2 goals, 11 shots, and 6 hits later, and I see people blaming OV for the Caps' failures, smh.

Btw, Bobrovsky had a 50 save playoff win, how often does that happen?

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
You dont have to worry about that, Jackets fans on the whole recognize our limitations.

It is interesting though, my prediction in post 3 of the GDT was that Ovechkin would have a big game after a quiet Game 1. 2 goals, 11 shots, and 6 hits later, and I see people blaming OV for the Caps' failures, smh.

Btw, Bobrovsky had a 50 save playoff win, how often does that happen?

Not much. Last time I saw a goalie win with 50+ saves is Roberto Luongo in 2007, when he made 72 saves.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Washington is probably the best opponent you can have. Don't get so complacent; Columbus has a long way to go, given the fact that there's still Pittsburgh, Nashville, Tampa Bay, and Boston in the playoffs.

I don't know if Washington is the "best opponent" Columbus could have in the playoffs. I know they are a team that can't take anyone lightly and they have to play right up to the end of each period without letting up. They have to give their opponents respect and take nothing for granted. They aren't talented or skilled enough to win on sheer skill like the Pens or Caps.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Quiet Bob, this thread is about the Pens vs. Caps in the next round. Sid vs. Ovi. Go find the Columbus thread. I think it's in the Other League section of the board.

Yeah sure it is. This thread is the Caps, and specifically Ovechkin, choking again. I haven't seen anyone talking about the Pens/Caps upcoming series at all. I can assure you not many, if any, Caps fans think this way.

If people haven't noticed the Bruins/Leafs series regular season records mean nothing, it's all the other stuff that teams do or don't well that predicts the winner. All the underlying numbers favor the Jackets, they should be favored to win, and they are winning.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Columbus hasnt put their best foot forward but they are findind ways to win and show no signs of panic. Gotta remember that was 2 road games for them, to win both isnt going to be pretty.

this is new for Columbus, vs Pittsburgh they had to work so hard for a high danger chance and they next shift down the Pens would make a couple passes and all of a sudden Bob was picking the puck out of his net. Now Columbus is being the oppurtunistic team and making good on their chances so far.
The Panarin trade has been huge, dont even think the team expected quite what hes delivering, its been a treat to watch

Reactions: thebus88

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
IMO Bob deserves THREE goalie interference penalties Tuesday because CBJ are home....

Darren Pang talked about the difference of "goalie interference" and "incidental contact" in regards to Atkinson goalie interference call.

Some things have been said about the Dubois interference call, however you cannot crash into the crease/goalie like that, imo, unless you were actually pushed or rubbed out into the goalie.

But the WORST 1 of all that's NOT being talked about, was the goalie interference call on Foligno late in the 2nd period. To be clear, I'm talking about game 2, NOT the terrible call on Foligno in game 1.

Somebody get THAT on video...

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I didn't like the quote but I have to remember that these guys are young and had just come off of a huge emotional win. Can you imagine if everything word you said was recorded and analyzed by the media and thousands of people? I know I would be ridiculed by everyone.

Sorry that I'm favoring the Capitals more than Blue Jackets. Columbus is a fine team; I just want Ovechkin to win the Cup for once.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Seth Jones is such a hater, OMG!!

Oh, the irony....

How bout them Jackets eh?

Panarin > Ovechkin

Most of this **** can be taken to the 'Calling out Ovi' thread...

Good for him, league needs more personalities who are confident in calling it like they see it..
Kid has moxie and is confident in his team to finish this out.

Reactions: BobVEZINAsky 110
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad