ECQF: (1) Washington Capitals vs. (WC1) Columbus Blue Jackets | Caps Lead Series 3-2

Who ya got?! Caps or CBJ?

• WSH (sweep)

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • CBJ (sweep)

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • WSH (in 5)

Votes: 96 13.0%
  • CBJ (in 5)

Votes: 16 2.2%
  • WSH (in 6)

Votes: 232 31.4%
  • CBJ (in 6)

Votes: 129 17.5%
  • WSH (in 7)

Votes: 114 15.4%
  • CBJ (in 7)

Votes: 125 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver

That was decently true in game 1, but the Caps dominated game 2 at even strength, they just got unlucky IMO.

With that being said, Jones is right to be confident. Going home up 2-0 is a great situation to be in, they’re strong favourites at this point.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
That's not true. He hasnt really won a goaltending series in any series over the past two years, you should know this as a Pens fan witnessing it first hand in two series. Fleury definately outplayed Holtby last year, in a big fashion.

There's a difference between being outplayed by the other guy and playing badly. Hypothetical example: One goalie has a 1.50 GAA and .940 save pct. in a series, the other goalie has a 2.00 GAA and a .920 save pct. in that series. Just because the second guy got outplayed, it doesn't mean he played badly or is the reason his team lost.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
That was decently true in game 1, but the Caps dominated game 2 at even strength, they just got unlucky IMO.

With that being said, Jones is right to be confident. Going home up 2-0 is a great situation to be in, they’re strong favourites at this point.
To be exact... favorites by 88%... That said, I watched the Islanders in 1975 come back from 0-3 to win the series 4-3 so anything can happen...

Reactions: ponder

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
LOL at Seth Jones, your team just stole a game after getting outshot by like 25+ shots. Just take the win and Shut the f*** up.

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
Semantics.
yeah, not sure what you mean by that. we're literally talking about his leadership abilities and how they differ from his actual skill at hockey, and you bring up a time when he wasn't in a leadership position to show he played better? idk bud

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
yeah, not sure what you mean by that. we're literally talking about his leadership abilities and how they differ from his actual skill at hockey, and you bring up a time when he wasn't in a leadership position to show he played better? idk bud

You can be a leader without being a captain...it's just a title...everyone knew the Caps were Ovi's team in 09. He had a "A"

Malkin is a great leader and he isn't a Captain.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
A few things...

1. Never count out a team that lost 2 in OT... its a close series and Washington can get back into it.

2. Saying AO is the issue the Caps have is incorrect.. but the Caps probably have to move away from some of the structure they built around him... i think the Caps funnel too much of their o through him...

taking the recent pens or chicago examples, they often spread their big guns out... the pens lost a lot under bylsma playing top heavy and funneling too much through Crosby making them predictable to defend at times. They win alot having their most skilled winger who focuses mostly on offense on their third line most of the time... this notonly spreads out scoring, it lets them shift how the top line is deployed at times.

I don't think they have to move on from AO, just rethink how they build around him

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
What a difference a year makes for Matt Calvert.

Last year in game 2 of the first round of the playoffs, he made headlines for all the wrong reasons- a bad hit on a Penguin that led to the only suspension of last year's playoff.s

This year, in game 2 of the first round, he plays the role of hero

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Keep up with cliches. Lol.

I say he had great leadership by scoring 2wice.
This is actually proving his point. Hockey is not only numbers, the will to win and to inspire your team to win is just as important for a captain. I don't see Ovechkin as that guy, and I don't blame him at this point for it. The blame is on management for continuing to put OV in that position.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
What a difference a year makes for Matt Calvert.

Last year in game 2 of the first round of the playoffs, he made headlines for all the wrong reasons- a bad hit on a Penguin that led to the only suspension of last year's playoff.s

This year, in game 2 of the first round, he plays the role of hero
I read this on the CBJ board too.... It's true, few know though, Calvert is the longest running CBJ player as a CBJ player... When we first got him he was a kid who wanted to win the Memorial Cup in his home Canada town... Now he's a CBJ veteran and leader...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad