ECQF: (1) Washington Capitals vs. (WC1) Columbus Blue Jackets | Caps Lead Series 3-2

Who ya got?! Caps or CBJ?

• WSH (sweep)

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • CBJ (sweep)

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • WSH (in 5)

Votes: 96 13.0%
  • CBJ (in 5)

Votes: 16 2.2%
  • WSH (in 6)

Votes: 232 31.4%
  • CBJ (in 6)

Votes: 129 17.5%
  • WSH (in 7)

Votes: 114 15.4%
  • CBJ (in 7)

Votes: 125 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Either year.

You act like Malkin and Crosby are worse than they were in 2014.

Malkin is coming off a 100 point pace year and Crosby is dominating the playoffs once again.

I'll take the two best playoff centre's in the game over Jones and Panarin quite easily.

Believe it or not, nobody here cares about Malkin and Crosby.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Why does anybody "buy" this ****? Its not 2009 anymore. This CBJ team is a VERY skilled team.

NOBODY will ever be (as good as) a Crosby, McDavid, Malkin, Ovechkin,.......... BUT Artemi Panarin and Seth Jones are just as good as ANY "1-2 punch" in the entire NHL!!

It takes a lot more than a 1-2 punch. Panarin is a helluva player. He's not quite in the Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, McDavid tier. Jones is becoming a top 5 -10 defenseman. Teams that can win through sheer skill have more than that.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
As Blue Jackets fans we are not used to winning anything, not even regular season games. So keep in mind that although this is a great start, it is only a START, not the end. Both games could have gone either way. Washington had chances in OT in both games and even in regulation. If Carlson's shot had been another inch to the inside it would have hit the post and gone in. Granted it didn't so it doesn't matter but that's how close these games were. I believe that the Caps outplayed the Jackets in the 1st and 3rd and that the Jackets won the 2nd, so overall it was a dominating performance on the ice from the Caps. Vezina Bob made an appearance in the playoffs, finally. It is not the time for cockiness from the Jackets or their fans.
There has been a lot of talk about how the Caps are painful to be a fan of and I get that , but at least the Caps have won the President's Trophy, Metro, and some playoff series. I have been a Jackets fan since day 1 and I can tell you that it has not been easy. There is a part of me, due to past experience, that expects the Jackets to somehow blow this lead they have in the series. Then again the rational side of my brain says that this is a big series lead and this is the best team that the Jackets have ever had.

You are sort of making my point. I was a day 1 STH. Nothing is a given. If the Jackets can keep their focus, if they understand the Caps can easily come back and win the next two in Columbus, if they take nothing for granted, play whistle to whistle, they have a chance to survive and advance. If they begin to think their 2-0 is insurmountable or the Capitals are going to roll over they will be in a lot of trouble and still looking for their first playoff series win.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
From what I have seen in the two games so far.

Columbus have converted a very large percentage of their chances while the Capitals have converted somewhere around 50% of theirs.

The Capitals have had by far the better opportunities and have dominated play for the most part. If Washington got some of the bounces last night, Bob would have let I. 6-8 goals. That’s how much Washington was pushing CBJ’s defense. (Power plays obviously helped a ton but you can’t discredit a team because the other team is undisciplined)

Should be a long series for these teams. Probably 6 or 7 games for this one.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
You are sort of making my point. I was a day 1 STH. Nothing is a given. If the Jackets can keep their focus, if they understand the Caps can easily come back and win the next two in Columbus, if they take nothing for granted, play whistle to whistle, they have a chance to survive and advance. If they begin to think their 2-0 is insurmountable or the Capitals are going to roll over they will be in a lot of trouble and still looking for their first playoff series win.

I would like to ditto your ditto.

Sometimes being a Jackets fan is like being a battered wife that won't leave her husband. I am not sure why I took it for so long but I hope the Jackets have finally changed and not just telling me what I want to hear before they push me down the stairs again.

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
Regardless of the outcome of this series, the winner will run into Pittsburgh and we all know what will happen then.

If the Blue Jackets were to lose to the Penguins in the second round it would literally be the best thing that's ever happened for the Columbus Blue Jackets. If the Capitals lose to the Penguins in the second round it'd be more devastation for the Capitals. There aren't two equal outcomes of this series.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
From what I have seen in the two games so far.

Columbus have converted a very large percentage of their chances while the Capitals have converted somewhere around 50% of theirs.

It's because of the high skill level of the Jackets. They can get on you and make you pay at any time in a game. The Caps are working hard but their lack of high-end talent is what's holding them back.

anteater90

Jun 26, 2006
Hilliard
Enjoying the Jacket wins so far. After 40+ years watching hockey I know nothing is ever easy. I do like the idea that we get to dictate match ups in CBus. I think the Caps split with the Blue Jackets and the Jackets can take 1 of the last three. The Jackets are young and clinching will be a learning experience every step of the way, whether or not they pull it off. This sure beats looking at draft picks in November.

Reactions: pete goegan

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Good teams find a way to win. This isn't something new, the jackets have been finding ways to grind out wins from the beginning of the season.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
It's because of the high skill level of the Jackets. They can get on you and make you pay at any time in a game. The Caps are working hard but their lack of high-end talent is what's holding them back.

Eh I'm not sure I agree with this take. On the back end, yea Cbus is way better than Washington.

But up front the teams are comparable. Bob has been slightly better than the Washington goalies and that's been the slight difference so far.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
Eh I'm not sure I agree with this take. On the back end, yea Cbus is way better than Washington.

But up front the teams are comparable. Bob has been slightly better than the Washington goalies and that's been the slight difference so far.
Pretty sure he was joking. That has been the scouting report for the CBJ, right or wrong, for a few years

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
++Breaking News++

--Columbus Blue Jackets are a good team and have many good shooters--

Its not the "Russians", its reality.

Or is it both?

:skeptic: :huh: :puppy:

No they're not really that good. They're just facing some bad goaltending and PKing right now, and a lot of wristers are going in. That's the point of the stat.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Regardless of the outcome of this series, the winner will run into Pittsburgh and we all know what will happen then.

Yes. Fanbases from both sides will complain about officiating and debate endlessly about who's REALLY the favorite. Then one team will win.

anteater90

Jun 26, 2006
Hilliard
No they're not really that good. They're just facing some bad goaltending and PKing right now, and a lot of wristers are going in. That's the point of the stat.
Yes The CBJ are horrible. Winning 14 out of 17 to end the season and the first two is completely reliant upon the CBJ being horrible. Paneran was greatly affected by playing with Kane. He is much worse now. Dubois has been a total bust as a draft pick. Keep sending it . The team and fan base thrive off of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->