Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
You realize this is a fan message board right? I'm posting my opinion just like you. I'm not saying I know more than Babcock, so please stop with that ****.

If all we did was agree with everything there would be no discussion to be had and this forum wouldn't exist. Opinions are a thing.

And some opinions are dumb. Your point?

Reactions: ACC1224

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
I love Kadri but it's pretty annoying he got himself suspended. he's been pretty **** lately and tonight he wasn't very good. Marchand elevated his game to be the best player on the ice. Kadri just acted like a moron and screwed us over
I could see Kadri getting 'angry' during the game. This was either going to hurt the Bruins or the Leafs. It's not exactly Tie Domi's elbow, but it sure left a hole in the ship. I was so hoping Kadri was going to go beast mode in a good way.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Is the chemistry really gonna be impacted by flipping Johnsson and Komarov? Really?

Also it's funny how you say that the 4th line was better when Johnsson played over Komarov. Yet Babcock played Komarov over Johnsson for Game 1. It's almost like Babcock can make mistakes.

Almost every coach in the league would have played Komarov over Johnsson. Komarov is a vet and Johnsson is rookie. It's a no brainer who will get into the line up. Not sure why that's even being used as an argument

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I love Kadri but it's pretty annoying he got himself suspended. he's been pretty **** lately and last night he wasn't very good. Marchand elevated his game to be the best player on the ice. Kadri just acted like a moron and screwed us over

Hasn't been suspended yet and thank God somebody stood up for someone on this team. Marner got f***ing elbowed in the face. No call. If marner has a concussion would you be saying this? No

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Hasn't been suspended yet and thank God somebody stood up for someone on this team. Marner got ****ing elbowed in the face. No call. If marner has a concussion would you be saying this? No
Yes I would. Being down two players due to a lack of discipline isn't better than being down one

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'm not defending what Kadri did last night however I can't believe the NHL did not suspend Tom Wilson for his hit from last night considering he has a history of being a repeat offender and a few examples happened earlier this season, plus some go as far back as the pre-season. So if Kadri gets suspended shouldn't Wilson have also been suspended?

Reactions: francis246

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Then ignore them or explain why they're dumb....

It's a forum. People have different opinions. Why is this so hard for some to grasp?
I did explain to you which resulted in a bit of a hissy fit.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Then ignore them or explain why they're dumb....

It's a forum. People have different opinions. Why is this so hard for some to grasp?

Everyone can have an opinion. If your opinion is stupid, expect it to be called for it.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Because people who defer to the opinions of authority figures have a hard time grasping that not everyone is like that I guess
If you're smart enough to grasp the notion that differing opinions are able to exist within subjective circumstances, then surely you can also grasp that those different opinions can be reached through multiple means of reasoning?

You're getting upset that people won't let you hold your special opinions and then immediately belittling the opinions of others, simply because those opinions fall in line with the coach/GM/media/whatever. It's f***ing tired, come up with something better.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Yes, he created the environment that sees the ire directed at himself - However, that doesn't change the fact that the ire itself is stupid. Babcock's always been aware of how crazy our fans and media get - Just because he knows that ****'s gonna be flung doesn't mean it should be flung. Hell, you yourself talk about how impressive our season has been, and are complaining about how I referred to the team as an underdog, and yet you still believe the head coach of that team is deserving of all this ire.

And I've never heard that Babcock quote about being underdogs, so I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't call me a sheep just because my understanding of things happens to line up with that of Babcock.

Are we an awesome team? Definitely, and I've been acknowledging for years now that we're way better than given credit for. Are we playing an experienced team that has proven they can be our superior at this point in time? Definitely.

I absolutely hate this narrative that people who agree with Babcock are incapable of thinking for themselves. It's so lazy. Do better.

I apologise for not putting it in better context. I wasn't call you "sheep". I was calling our entire fanbase in general "sheep" for consistently believing everything that comes out of his mouth just because of who he is. Not everything he says and does is right, just because he's been around for so long. There are other ways and methods, and he must adapt. What will you do when one of his toy's gets taken away for next year and he has to adjust? Will you then change your view to agree with whatever Babcock says then? Don't make this personal, I was never trying to make it personal with you.

I don't hate Babcock. I am a huge fan of his. He is a great coach, but this love he has of consistently playing the grinder has got to change. He is not equipped with those players. When that happens and they are equipped with grinders who have skill (Komo, Martin, etc are NOT that) then it's different. I am all for putting a bruising guy like Simmonds on Matthews' wing. Would be a sight to see, but we don't have players in that mold at the moment on the big club, maybe in a few years (Grundstrom, etc). Just tired of being the fan who always "gives the other team credit". Enough already. As Babcock says "We can be better. Let's be better." ;)

Here is the tweet:

Anyway, it's hard to get on Babcock for the game 1 effort. That's on the team. Hope for MUCH better in game 2.

Last edited:

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Babcock has lost 6 of his last 7 playoff series.

This guy needs to adapt.
He's doing the opposite of adapting. The nhl is obviously moving towards speed and skill reigning supreme. We lost because we didn't have enough speed and skill. And his only solution is to reward our worst player because he's "competitive". He's doubling down on his old school methods that haven't been worthwhile in years

Legendary

Sep 1, 2016
Komarov promoted to the first line lol...is Babcock for real right now? If anything load up the line with marner like any sane coach would. A sweep is looking like a real possibility.....

Reactions: ToMaLe

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
Almost every coach in the league would have played Komarov over Johnsson. Komarov is a vet and Johnsson is rookie. It's a no brainer who will get into the line up. Not sure why that's even being used as an argument
Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Kappy all played pretty well in the playoffs last year as rookies...

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Lol dude. You said Babcock has his reason. I said I don't understand it. Literally I said I do not agree. That is called an opinion not a hissy fit.
You said there was "no justifiable reason"and I explained to you that every thing he would do would be for a reason.
The hissy fit was later when you went on about opinions, I laughed.

It doens't matter as long as you learned something.....I know I did.

Reactions: francis246

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Babcock has lost 6 of his last 7 playoff series.

This guy needs to adapt.
You need to look at that with a grain of salt. I'm not saying this as someone who is defending Babcock no matter what, just trying to put some context into that statement. In 2013 when the Red Wings lost to the Blackhawks in the 2nd round that was in overtime of Game 7, however people want to focus on them blowing a 3-1 series lead. In 2014 and 2015 the Red Wings were doing everything they could to keep their playoff streak alive, when it was obvious they needed to rebuild. So all of those loses are not 100% on Babcock and Ken Holland should get some blame for the players he gave Babcock to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad