Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Garth Snow

giphy.gif

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I was watching the Edmonton game in between watching Ottawa and I thought to myself. When was the last time the Oilers won a trade with the Islanders? Peca? Even when they traded Smyth they didn't get shit.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Nurse and a 1st for Dal Colle ....chia will say that was the price for forward help.
Both of our posts are in somewhat in jest, but honestly the sentiment of your post is kind of what worries/angers me.

Chiarelli is totally going to end up trading true value for a top 6 winger who is unlikely to bring anything more to the table than Eberle would have.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Both of our posts are in somewhat in jest, but honestly the sentiment of your post is kind of what worries/angers me.

Chiarelli is totally going to end up trading true value for a top 6 winger who is unlikely to bring anything more to the table than Eberle would have.

The misconception around here is that Ebs had "no" value lol.

Vinny Lecalvier, a player who LA traded for and forced to retire, had value at the deadline. Chia let our media dictate Ebs value and punted him for the first thing available

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The misconception around here is that Ebs had "no" value lol.

Vinny Lecalvier, a player who LA traded for and forced to retire, had value at the deadline. Chia let our media dictate Ebs value and punted him for the first thing available
Cap space was the only reason to make the trade that Chiarelli did and both it and Strome are about as useful right now as a submarine screen door.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Cap space was the only reason to make the trade that Chiarelli did and both it and Strome are about as useful right now as a submarine screen door.

IMO, Cap space was a bill of goods sold by Chia. He could have cleared cap in many other ways. He chose to take a gamble on Strome and wasted an asset in the process. He did the same with Boychuk, meanwhile Seidenberg had a nice contract

I'd rather have Ebs than REussell

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
IMO, Cap space was a bill of goods sold by Chia. He could have cleared cap in many other ways. He chose to take a gamble on Strome and wasted an asset in the process. He did the same with Boychuk, meanwhile Seidenberg had a nice contract

I'd rather have Ebs than REussell
I'd love to have been a fly on the wall during those Russell negotiations. Stupid trade to make space for a stupid contract.

No no, you misunderstand. The point was that Eberle's points don't count because bottom team opponent etc etc.
I can't wait for the inevitable Eberle hat trick to be invalidated because it was against a bottom tier opponent (I.E. the Oilers)

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
I'd love to have been a fly on the wall during those Russell negotiations. Stupid trade to make space for a stupid contract.

I can't wait for the inevitable Eberle hat trick to be invalidated because it was against a bottom tier opponent (I.E. the Oilers)

Enjoy waiting an eternity. He hasn't scored a goal in his last 20 games.

Reactions: MessierII

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
II can't wait for the inevitable Eberle hat trick to be invalidated because it was against a bottom tier opponent (I.E. the Oilers)

Inevitable might be a bit generous haha.

Although the last part is kind of funny considering his two career hat tricks were against the 30th place Leafs and the 29th place Canucks.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Yet he'd be our second leading scorer...

Meanwhile in the Strome department...

yeah cause thats how it works. Yakupov would be tied for second on our team right now too.

Guess we should be sad that we traded him too right?

This type of logic leads me to believe that you're just angry at the world because of the player that was traded.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
yeah cause thats how it works. Yakupov would be tied for second on our team right now too.

Guess we should be sad that we traded him too right?

This type of logic leads me to believe that you're just angry at the world because of the player that was traded.
If you think Eberle and Yakupov are the same tier of player...

I'm upset that the GM downgraded in the offseason for no apparent reason and now the team can't score worth a damn. Would Eberle solve all those problems? Not likely but at least he'd add some offense to a team currently starving for it.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada

I'm upset that the GM downgraded in the offseason for no apparent reason and now the team can't score worth a damn. Would Eberle solve all those problems? Not likely but at least he'd add some offense to a team currently starving for it.

Why not? One has 6 points the other has 5. Is that not what matters to you? Production? I mean you have no problem digging into strome for failing to produce. I’m just doing the same as you.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Why not? One has 6 points the other has 5. Is that not what matters to you? Production? I mean you have no problem digging into strome for failing to produce. I’m just doing the same as you.
Well we were saving all that precious cap space by trading a productive player for one that doesn't produce. I guess it's all roses right now, isn't it.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

why? just cause he's slightly gravy-training off Tavares now, doesn't mean he'd do that with Connor
oh wait, he tried last year and put up awful numbers in the regular season and worse numbers in the playoffs

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
why? just cause he's slightly gravy-training off Tavares now, doesn't mean he'd do that with Connor
oh wait, he tried last year and put up awful numbers in the regular season and worse numbers in the playoffs
Ah yes Eberle is gravy-training again... Doing it for... what, 7 years now?

Only on HFOil would a 50 point season be considered awful. But hey his replacement is.... oh wait, he's complete shit.

Reactions: Rehabguy

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Ah yes Eberle is gravy-training again... Doing it for... what, 7 years now?

Only on HFOil would a 50 point season be considered awful. But hey his replacement is.... oh wait, he's complete ****.
no, but last year he had a chance to put up big numbers and he failed the test

but glad Ebs is scoring goals again....oh wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad