Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
You can release their rights and try your luck with them as UFA's

In my scenario, Detroit drafted him, but three years later they released his rights. I got close twice, but he re-signed with Slovan. He rejected my FA offer, and he went to SKA.

When I offer him a contract (or try), he expects to be a ‘regular player’ on the team. No matter what I do, ‘Key’, ‘Core’, or even ‘Regular’ I can’t get him to bite and to swing over.

His first contract in the NHL will always have to be a ELC?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
In my scenario, Detroit drafted him, but three years later they released his rights. I got close twice, but he re-signed with Slovan. He rejected my FA offer, and he went to SKA.

When I offer him a contract (or try), he expects to be a ‘regular player’ on the team. No matter what I do, ‘Key’, ‘Core’, or even ‘Regular’ I can’t get him to bite and to swing over.

His first contract in the NHL will always have to be a ELC?

maybe, I'm not sure. Maybe the club rep isn't high enough to get him over to north america.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Is there any response from Riz? About next Update. On the SI Games forums there are many open topics, but without any feedback. Maybe Riz has said something on others sites, or Tweeter. Or personal message.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Is there any response from Riz? About next Update. On the SI Games forums there are many open topics, but without any feedback. Maybe Riz has said something on others sites, or Tweeter. Or personal message.

This is what he wrote 3/25/18:

After the full release, I've been limited on what time I have for working on EHM as I'm mainly working on FM. But I am still working on EHM as well whenever I have some time.

Again, he’s still very much working on it. He’s been working on the editor and the 1.5/1.6 update

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England

The best place to read the latest is his Twitter account as he often posts updates there: Login on Twitter

Prior to that (in January 2018):

As a side note, Riz's Twitter feed is generally quite a funny read - it is all to do with the pains of being a Rags fan! :-D

EDIT: I've tidied up my post. I didn't realise we could embed Twitter posts!

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Yeah exactly. And even as pretty much a one man team, it is so much better than FHM and any other hockey manager on the market by far. Along with a better community.

It was certainly so much better a few years ago but I don’t think you can say it’s so much better anymore. FHM4 is a quality hockey sim that can easily be argued is the best hockey manager around.

I completely agree about the community though. EHMs community is much better. I think FHMs first two releases really scared off a lot of customers which has negatively impacted on the FHM community.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
It was certainly so much better a few years ago but I don’t think you can say it’s so much better anymore. FHM4 is a quality hockey sim that can easily be argued is the best hockey manager around.

I completely agree about the community though. EHMs community is much better. I think FHMs first two releases really scared off a lot of customers which has negatively impacted on the FHM community.

I can certainly say that’s FHM is improving, but again, like I’ve said in the past there are still a lot of issues with the game.

Scouting, Free Agency, Tactics on the fly, and the (for me) high-scoring games doesn’t have the realism that EHM puts forth in front of me. I enjoyed playing both of them, but I feel like FHM doesn’t have an attractive feature that keeps me hooked. Historical Mode is neat, but doesn’t interest me.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I can certainly say that’s FHM is improving, but again, like I’ve said in the past there are still a lot of issues with the game.

Scouting, Free Agency, Tactics on the fly, and the (for me) high-scoring games doesn’t have the realism that EHM puts forth in front of me. I enjoyed playing both of them, but I feel like FHM doesn’t have an attractive feature that keeps me hooked. Historical Mode is neat, but doesn’t interest me.

Free agency has some flaws but is generally pretty good. I don’t know where you are getting high scoring games from, the average goals per game is around the current nhl avaerage and can be adjusted in the options if need be. The top scorings are pretty much right in line with where they are currently in the NHL.

Agreed about the scouting. That, the draft and the customisation ability are the only areas EHM is ahead of FHM IMO.

The biggest thing FHM has for me is realistic aging, sim results and development. You don’t see guys putting up huge numbers purely based on linemates, players aren’t putting up big numbers well into their late 30s and players age appropriately. In my last EHM game the top 10 in scoring every year was mostly made up of guys between 29 and 35 with the odd outlier of a guy in his 20s or over 35.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com

I bet that habit has 80% to do with people's attachment to EHM. Can't blame it, of course.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Can you have a proper training camp yet in FHM?

No, you cannot. The teams get automatic pre-season games (I guess the same number for each league, btw), there is no actual camp as EHM has, although you can now call up as many players as you want (you could not in FHM 3), and you'll get a training camp development report (or something like that, I don't remember how it is off hands, but the development report after the "artificial" training camp shows quite many improvements for your players).
Hopefully it will be improved for FHM5.

Reactions: GarbageGoal
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Free agency has some flaws but is generally pretty good. I don’t know where you are getting high scoring games from, the average goals per game is around the current nhl avaerage and can be adjusted in the options if need be. The top scorings are pretty much right in line with where they are currently in the NHL.

Agreed about the scouting. That, the draft and the customisation ability are the only areas EHM is ahead of FHM IMO.

The biggest thing FHM has for me is realistic aging, sim results and development. You don’t see guys putting up huge numbers purely based on linemates, players aren’t putting up big numbers well into their late 30s and players age appropriately. In my last EHM game the top 10 in scoring every year was mostly made up of guys between 29 and 35 with the odd outlier of a guy in his 20s or over 35.

Everyone’s experience with both games is different. I guess ‘aging’ is a plus (I guess?), and based off my experience with 1 and 2, scoring was way too high.

I bet that habit has 80% to do with people's attachment to EHM. Can't blame it, of course.

I can understand that. I actually started out with FHM first before EHM in the very beginning because I knew some people that had OOTP 12, 13 at the time. After I had some precious saves that became corrupted over time with FHM (lack of a proper FHM community), I found EHM07 through some searching and slowly started to enjoy it. I respect people for sticking up for their games, but I guess feel like people who love and defend FHM get really arrogant about doing it lol.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
No, you cannot. The teams get automatic pre-season games (I guess the same number for each league, btw), there is no actual camp as EHM has, although you can now call up as many players as you want (you could not in FHM 3), and you'll get a training camp development report (or something like that, I don't remember how it is off hands, but the development report after the "artificial" training camp shows quite many improvements for your players).
Hopefully it will be improved for FHM5.

Well that’s a huge upgrade to now have an unlimited preseason roster.

Matt UK

Mar 31, 2012
Wales, UK
Started a new game in the WHL, I've never played in the CHL properly before but there's a lot of high scoring games?

Is there an issue with the game here or does it reflect the league in real life? Seen a few 9-8 games and most seem to be 4-2.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Started a new game in the WHL, I've never played in the CHL properly before but there's a lot of high scoring games?

Is there an issue with the game here or does it reflect the league in real life? Seen a few 9-8 games and most seem to be 4-2.

Yeah that happens in real life sometimes. Junior games can vary in score

Reactions: Matt UK

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Latest such game in the WHL was February 24, 2016 when Regina beat Lethbridge 9-8 after shootout. Before that there had been one in 2003. So it's within the range of possible, but probably shouldn't happen every season in game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt UK

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Junior leagues are always tough.

They need to rank potential NHL'ers highly enough, so that's why it increases scoring.

If they didn't, it would look like EA NHL with every drafted player is crap because they rate every player between 58 and 65 overall (with the exception of the first 3 picks) because it's all in comparison to the NHL.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
EA should rate players relative to their own league definitely, so many leagues in the game and only the NHL is really playable. In EHM optimizing realistic player development is more important.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
The game is atrocious on big ice with overalls in the 50-75 range, so they need a fundamentally different approach to that in the EHM.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
The game is atrocious on big ice with overalls in the 50-75 range, so they need a fundamentally different approach to that in the EHM.

I didn't get that feeling, but diffirent ratings approach would mean, at least for me, less realistic. If someone is fast, he is fast no matter where he plays (Europe, NHL). This approach is much more suited for GM type of games (EHM, FHM), but then it is just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad