Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I usually try to build a team through draft picks only. That way it allows me to hinder myself from picking up high profile players.

I think also building through the draft can be really too easy too. I try to do things like never draft out of canada sometimes or only american players ect ect

pucku33

Dec 12, 2013
Anyone use restrictions in their saves to make it tougher? I've been playing EHM for the past 2 years and it's getting sort of bland. Want some spice.

There's a challenge on TBL that they do periodically: Challenge Centre

I also recommend personal rules: no trading, no waiver pickups and only 1 FA signing (under 3m) a season. Then play until you get fired and pick a new franchise and try again!

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
Anyone use restrictions in their saves to make it tougher? I've been playing EHM for the past 2 years and it's getting sort of bland. Want some spice.
Only playing with players from a certain area is fun. Only Manitoba for Winnipeg, only Quebec for Montreal etc.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
I noticed some problems and got reports of some bugs in the last release so I made a quick "hotfix" release

Download link: Dropbox - xECK29x-Rosters-v2.3.1.zip

- Updated transactions (Incl. Brassard trade)
- Adjusted Anaheim Ducks U16/U18
- Added Rosemount High (Minnesota High School Hockey) and Orange Lutheran (there is no California High School so I put in US High School West for now).
- Updated Norfolk Admirals affiliations, colors and staff
- Added Maine Mariners (ECHL), ready for 2018 season addition (NOT ACTIVE)
- Removed several legacy AHL/CHL teams I was playing around with for career histories, this was causing issues.
- Fixed Nathan Horton's contract, reputation and career history

I will no longer be attempting to create retired players that are not in the DB just to fill out team records, this is just too much work for so little return. I will update the records but will not go out of my way to add players so you will see generated names in some instances.

Teams Completed:
- Anaheim Ducks (not San Diego/Utah)

Tried using this, it crashes on the second day of free agency every time unfortunately

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
NHL36 version 2.7 Update - ***POST-DEADLINE***

I know it's been a while so this is a pretty significant update!

Note that I have taken the Quebec concept as a national team out of this project for now even though I was testing it. Too many bugs in the QMJHL and in player development. I may look into it again at some point - the national team works great - but I need some more editing tools to be unlocked, so for now, just one united Canada as usual!

Ok, so here's the deal - the usual stuff is updated:

- All NHL transactions including traded future picks as of today (March 4). So latest transactions include Vincent Praplan's summer move to San Jose in 2018 and NHL deals for the likes of Connor Timmins and Maxime Comtois (still loaned to their junior teams of course)

- Also, the usual major European league transactions and updated contracts

- Tons of new NCAA recruits as with every update; leagues like the NAHL and the CJHL leagues should see more and more depth as I add more college recruits every update

- Did quite a bit of massaging of AHL depth charts and of new NHL rookies who are starting to get call-ups here later in the season. So, guys like Darren Archibald, Ross Johnston and Nick Seeler (to name a few) - who aren't exactly amazing prospects - still see a nice bump to where they can be fringe-NHL players.

***The big news here is that with all-new NHL depth charts, the Expansion Draft results have been over-hauled.***

- New expansion draft rules have resulted in the five expansion teams getting a better running start with more competitive rosters.

- Existing teams were given the option to protect 9 forwards, 4 defenders and 1 goalie (for a total of 14 protection slots) or 12 players at any position. This let teams with a couple of great goalie assets or an overload of good defenders protect those assets but it came at the cost of a couple of additional spots. Results in some hard decision making!

- As usual, players born 1997 or younger and players on LTIR were exempt.

- Teams were allowed to select from Vegas this time as well (since their roster looks pretty darn good at this point) - which resulted in final expansion rosters of 31 players (18 forwards, 10 defenders, 3 goalies).

- Of course, feel free to tinker with results, will post the Expansion Draft Toolkit file below, updated with all NHL-contracted players and ratings as of this v2.7 database. See the NHL32 thread at TBL for step-by-step instructions.

Here are the latest v2.7 databases in all flavors (also updated on the front page of the TBL NHL36 thread):
Version 2.7 - Original NHL36 Expansion (March 4, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - Original v2.7.zip
Version 2.7 - NHL36 "Great North" (March 4, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - Great North v2.7.zip
Version 2.7 - NHL36 "City Lights" (March 4, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - City Lights v2.7.zip
Version 2.7 - NHL36 "Wild West" (March 4, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - Wild West v2.7.zip

Here is the latest v2.7 Expansion Draft Tookit for NHL36:
Dropbox - Expansion Draft Toolkit (NHL36).xlsx

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
As a special feature for NHL36 to try and make things a bit more life-like, I've created some graphical depth charts for the NHL36 Original database (version 2.7) with the Expansion Draft run.

Enjoy! And give me your thoughts on which team you would take control of and which rosters are most appealing :)

f844be47d16ff09bdcafdae6161becd2.jpg

215cf9f982ee4754dbf6e70bc7a94d5c.jpg

b0f4b51f3cfbbe70000c6b186e39c213.png

e14b748f758a4596d9673b5a9058d7a4.jpg

6e52ed237f73263b9288fe79bdbc774d.jpg

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Those are some nasty graphics...
What tool did you use

I just took the jersey backs from leftwinglock.com and customized them in photoshop. But really it’s simple enough to do in any graphics editor.

One of my biggest wishes for some future version of EHM is to have a bit of eye candy like this in the line-up screen. I mean Footy Manager has had it for quite some time - the ability to do very simple customized graphics showing the players number. You could template about 20 simple hockey jersey backs like this and the game fills in the colors based on team colors.

Or...the option of instead of player faces (always hard to maintain and worthless once you get into fake players) - have the game show the back of the players jersey with their name and number in the jersey style of the team they are on. It would add some eye candy that continuously and automatically updates on the player profile screen. I know EHM 07 has an ingenious add on that utilized the NHL.com shop to do something similar but I don’t think it’s possible anymore.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Tried using this, it crashes on the second day of free agency every time unfortunately

Yikes, I haven't heard other reports of this. Can you PM me your email so I can acquire the db you downloaded and saved game and I can try to poke in the editor and determine what is going on?

Has this happened with multiple sims? Have you tried re-downloading? It could be the arena move of the Islanders I implemented. Can you comment out (add # in front of) this line out of extra_config.cfg and try getting past that bug?

Code:
"ARENA_MOVE" "New York Islanders" "Barclays Center" "NYCB LIVE" 1 7 2018 12200 9800 13000 0

I haven't had much time to test myself.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Version 2.3.2 is here, next release will be 2.4 which will be released on Steam. Expect this to come in a few weeks (will finish refreshing NHL teams and affiliates) and begin starting updating other leagues as their seasons enter the playoffs.

Highlights include:
- Updated transactions and signings since NHL Trade Deadline
- Added Ottawa Jr. 67s Midget AAA (OEMHL)
- Adjusted Okanagan Hockey Academy Midget Prep
- Renamed United States U16 (East/West) to Tier 1 Elite Hockey League (U16)
- Updated Connecticut Oilers (U18/U16)
- Added Elk River (MN-HS)
- Added Princeton Day School (NJ-HS)
- Added Los Angeles Junior Kings U16 (T1EL-BM)

Organizations refreshed:
- Anaheim Ducks (San Diego/Utah)
- Tampa Bay Lightning (Syracuse)
- Calgary Flames (NHL only)

Download: Dropbox - xECK29x-Rosters-v2.3.2.zip

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Been getting some reports of the game crashing on or around 7/8/2018 with my last two releases. There is nothing sticking out to me that would be causing this crash. If you experience this could you PM me your email, I'd like to get a hold of your save game for debugging.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Fixed the NHL32 (Seattle) draft lottery bug - will be releasing a v2.7 of NHL32 tomorrow complete with new Expansion Draft results and Draft Kit for those wanting to construct their own Seattle roster. :)

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I think I’ve asked this before, but I’ll just give it another shot again. I just feel like simming day to day, is painstakingly slow for me. I’m not sure if it’s because my laptop is four years old (with a lot of files, etc.) but it just seems like when people do data testing, they can fly through years like no problem. Takes me a long while to get through one month lol.

Is it a problem on my end? (Because of the old laptop), or does it happen to everyone?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I think I’ve asked this before, but I’ll just give it another shot again. I just feel like simming day to day, is painstakingly slow for me. I’m not sure if it’s because my laptop is four years old (with a lot of files, etc.) but it just seems like when people do data testing, they can fly through years like no problem. Takes me a long while to get through one month lol.

Is it a problem on my end? (Because of the old laptop), or does it happen to everyone?

How many leagues do you have selected? You don't need to have them all selected for them to exist in the simulation. Also you can try clicking the gear icon and lowering the sim detail to speed it up.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

What does it mean? How many seconds til another day? How many Minutes for a week?

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Fixed the NHL32 (Seattle) draft lottery bug - will be releasing a v2.7 of NHL32 tomorrow complete with new Expansion Draft results and Draft Kit for those wanting to construct their own Seattle roster. :)
:thumbu:

Now if only this would affect the existing save...I've built quite a contender now and would hate to start it all over again.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
How many leagues do you have selected? You don't need to have them all selected for them to exist in the simulation. Also you can try clicking the gear icon and lowering the sim detail to speed it up.

I only have one league selected (NHL). I’ll check later back tonight to see if the international competitions are clicked to ‘None’ but I just feel like when I played EHM 07, the day to day simming wasn’t as slow like I’m experiencing.

What does it mean? How many seconds til another day? How many Minutes for a week?

So I guess when it’s simming from ‘evening’ to ‘morning’ that’s the part that’s getting a bit annoying. It’ll seem like the game will freeze up a little bit (say Not Responding) and then will load up after a minute or two.

I only have he NHL selected. I’m not sure if having the maximum database possible is attributing to it, but I am looking at my options.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
I only have one league selected (NHL). I’ll check later back tonight to see if the international competitions are clicked to ‘None’ but I just feel like when I played EHM 07, the day to day simming wasn’t as slow like I’m experiencing.

So I guess when it’s simming from ‘evening’ to ‘morning’ that’s the part that’s getting a bit annoying. It’ll seem like the game will freeze up a little bit (say Not Responding) and then will load up after a minute or two.

I only have he NHL selected. I’m not sure if having the maximum database possible is attributing to it, but I am looking at my options.

Thats too much. Dont know your Notebook configuration, but it seems, it needs more muscle. Usually it takes 5-10 seconds from Evening to morning. And i have cca 3 years old PC. And when i bought him, he wasnt the top dog. Good, but not the best one, you could had.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Thats too much. Dont know your Notebook configuration, but it seems, it needs more muscle. Usually it takes 5-10 seconds from Evening to morning. And i have cca 3 years old PC. And when i bought him, he wasnt the top dog. Good, but not the best one, you could had.

Thanks for the response Alko, I’ll try and look into upgrading or finding something else. I wonder if I mess with the resolution or with the settings it’ll run faster? I just have a basic EHM set-up, no logos, no face packs, just plain old config.

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
Thanks for the response Alko, I’ll try and look into upgrading or finding something else. I wonder if I mess with the resolution or with the settings it’ll run faster? I just have a basic EHM set-up, no logos, no face packs, just plain old config.

A minute or two between evening and morning is very slow. My old laptop which is around 7 years old was much faster than that (admittedly it's an i7) - usually a few seconds. The screen resolution is unlikely to have any impact on processing. What database size are you using when creating a new game (it is one of the settings when starting a new game)? This will have an impact on processing time.

In terms of upgrades, I noticed a significant performance boost when I switched by old hard drive with a solid state drive.

I can't say I've noticed any difference in speed between EHM 2007 and EHM 1.

KWPower

Mar 1, 2018
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Anyone have any good experiences running the trap? I'm thinking along with a Finnish only fantasy draft I'll have to fill my team with role players instead of stars so I'd basically have to trap to win.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
NHL32 version 3.0 Update - ***POST-DEADLINE*** March 7, 2018

Entry Draft Lottery Bug FIXED! As far as I can tell anyways...let me know if you still see an issue with it.

- Usual stuff is updated that was updated for NHL36 v2.7 plus a few additional tweaks and moves that have occurred in the past few days

- Same Expansion Draft setup as NHL36 but obviously, only Seattle picking so they get one player from each of the other 31 teams for a roster of 31 players to start (18 F / 10 D / 3 G). Again, use the toolkit if you want to conduct your own expansion draft - instructions are in the NHL32 thread...it's quite fun and with only Seattle, takes a LOT less time than in NHL36.

Here are the latest v3.0 database (also updated on the first post in TBL NHL32 thread):
Version 3.0 - NHL32 Expansion - Seattle (March 7, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL32 - Seattle v3.0.zip

Here is the latest v3.0 Expansion Draft Tookit for NHL32:
Dropbox - Expansion Draft Toolkit (NHL32).xlsx

Here is the starting Seattle roster if you use the initial Expansion Draft that comes with the database...it's a blend of vets and youth. Hard to find top notch centers in the draft so a bit weak there but a couple of good goalies and a solid defense to build upon along with solid wing depth. Took many of the more promising exposed young players such as Roland McKeown, Marcus Pettersson, Michael Amadio, Brendan Lemieux and Dominik Masin - none are going to be big stars but they give you a decent prospect pool to start. First year won't be easy but you've got enough to play around with right away!

60ff65b9cdf5ff3326e8713df6447dc8.jpg

Reactions: xECK29x

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
I'm not sure memory/RAM is all that important. EHM does not use all that much RAM (I think it's about 150-300 mb RAM in general). In any event, I'm not sure if the game could actually access more than 4GB of RAM seeing as it is a 32-bit application. Upgrading CPU and SSD have given me significant performances boosts (having run the game on four or five different laptops over the past 11 years).

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad