Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
So I got into it, made the adjustments (added a player and a staff member), but only the staff member show up (the stats aren't showing up accurately either) when I search for them. Any ideas, anyone?
I'm not sure, but if I had to guess I'd say
  • Regarding the player not showing up...maybe (if possible) increasing the database size will help? IIRC it's in Preferences on the startup screen where you select database size
  • not sure exactly what you mean by stats aren't showing up accurately, but I'm guessing you mean edited Attribute values aren't showing up properly.....you can't just edit CA/Attributes/Player Roles anyway you want, there are ranges and the game will change Attribute values if the person doing the editing doesn't do so within the ranges available (and depending on the Player Role, the game will respond differently to which Attributes it will change)

The issue of the game changing editing that's been done was recently discussed here Do I need to change CA in the editor if I change attributes?

A few basics regarding editing players (staff don't have Player Roles but AFAIK the "expected average Attribute by CA" concept still applies)....
  • For Player Roles this thread will be helpful Player Roles - Key/Essential/Non-Essential/Irrelevant Atts
  • For every player all Attributes are broken into 5 categories: Key/Essential/Non-Essential/Irrelevant and "normal" (each player has a different Player Role: there are 14 forward Player Roles, 15 Player Roles for defensemen, and 4 for goaltenders) & the thread in addition to all the Player Roles and their Attribute breakdowns also contains the "expected average Attribute by CA" chart
  • For some general thoughts on editing there's this Nino's researching guide

I hope I helped HOCCA Scouting; if I misunderstood you and I haven't been helpful my apologies & hopefully what I posted might help others sometime

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
Make sure you set the person's Classification and Job For Club settings on his player profile. If he is a player then set both to Player.

Tatartots

Mar 17, 2015
Yes but I don't really do anything. I've set personal tactics for all my players and that's it.

I've found that setting personal tactics can be a little overpowered and make your average/below average team play a lot better than it actually is.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Latest version of my DB released, enjoy!

[2017-18] xECK29x Premier Pivot Rosters (2.3 Released 2/21)

Version 2.3 includes:
- Updated transactions across multiple leagues
- Updated retired numbers
- Updated extra_config.cfg by removing outdated entries
- Added/updated prospects reported on from CJHL top prospects game
- Added/updated more prospects to 2018 draft pool (based on TSN and CSS lists)
- Various other updates across many different leagues
- USPHL Premier Hockey League added/greatly tweaked, 2nd tier junior league (think BCHL comparative to CHL) but for the USHL. More on this below
-- This should add some decent talent to the U.S. College ranks as your sim progresses, also will add players into Major Juniors as well.
- Beginning updates of NHL team historical records and ensuring retired staff exist so fake names are not used (see Arizona/NJ for an example of how this looks).
-- This takes a decent amount of work though I know it would be beneficial to other DB makers so I may continue it. Please provide me feedback if this is worth undertaking.
- Added NY Islanders arena moves over the next few years (please let me know if this does not occur)
- Reviewed FA pool (higher rep players/staff), removed retired players/staff and updated many others.
- Updates players playing for Team USA and Canada, will update other players playing in OG in next release.

Additional NHL franchises w/ affiliates (AHL/ECHL + prospects) re-reviewed and updated player histories and created new staff:
- Arizona Coyotes
- New Jersey Devils

Reactions: BKarchitect

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
I'm not sure, but if I had to guess I'd say
  • Regarding the player not showing up...maybe (if possible) increasing the database size will help? IIRC it's in Preferences on the startup screen where you select database size
  • not sure exactly what you mean by stats aren't showing up accurately, but I'm guessing you mean edited Attribute values aren't showing up properly.....you can't just edit CA/Attributes/Player Roles anyway you want, there are ranges and the game will change Attribute values if the person doing the editing doesn't do so within the ranges available (and depending on the Player Role, the game will respond differently to which Attributes it will change)

The issue of the game changing editing that's been done was recently discussed here Do I need to change CA in the editor if I change attributes?

A few basics regarding editing players (staff don't have Player Roles but AFAIK the "expected average Attribute by CA" concept still applies)....
  • For Player Roles this thread will be helpful Player Roles - Key/Essential/Non-Essential/Irrelevant Atts
  • For every player all Attributes are broken into 5 categories: Key/Essential/Non-Essential/Irrelevant and "normal" (each player has a different Player Role: there are 14 forward Player Roles, 15 Player Roles for defensemen, and 4 for goaltenders) & the thread in addition to all the Player Roles and their Attribute breakdowns also contains the "expected average Attribute by CA" chart
  • For some general thoughts on editing there's this Nino's researching guide

I hope I helped HOCCA Scouting; if I misunderstood you and I haven't been helpful my apologies & hopefully what I posted might help others sometime

Definitely helped! Managed to get it sorted out - didn't have the role set to "Player", and now showing up! Thanks for the help.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I noticed some problems and got reports of some bugs in the last release so I made a quick "hotfix" release

Download link: Dropbox - xECK29x-Rosters-v2.3.1.zip

- Updated transactions (Incl. Brassard trade)
- Adjusted Anaheim Ducks U16/U18
- Added Rosemount High (Minnesota High School Hockey) and Orange Lutheran (there is no California High School so I put in US High School West for now).
- Updated Norfolk Admirals affiliations, colors and staff
- Added Maine Mariners (ECHL), ready for 2018 season addition (NOT ACTIVE)
- Removed several legacy AHL/CHL teams I was playing around with for career histories, this was causing issues.
- Fixed Nathan Horton's contract, reputation and career history

I will no longer be attempting to create retired players that are not in the DB just to fill out team records, this is just too much work for so little return. I will update the records but will not go out of my way to add players so you will see generated names in some instances.

Teams Completed:
- Anaheim Ducks (not San Diego/Utah)

Vincent Lecavalier

Jul 3, 2016
Ile Blizzard
Been working on a 2008-09 roster with TBL's 2015-16 roster (for prospects from 2009 to 2018) and Lidas' 2008-09 (for attributes and history of some players) as a base for little while now. The NHL (rosters, contracts, rights & attributes) is almost done but the AHL, Canadian and European leagues remain in early stages of work. Still, i have been able to simulate through the years smoothly enough. It's pretty neat.

My only issue is when it comes to editing the draft, i can remove/add a player's individual draft info manually with UK's pre-game editor but when it comes to adding/removing whole drafts years, it's waaay too time consuming to do it one by one. Is there any other way?

Attachments

• loofss.jpg
    loofss.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: Aladyyn and xECK29x

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Been working on a 2008-09 roster with TBL's 2015-16 roster (for prospects from 2009 to 2018) and Lidas' 2008-09 (for attributes and history of some players) as a base for little while now. The NHL (rosters, contracts, rights & attributes) is almost done but the AHL, Canadian and European leagues remain in early stages of work. Still, i have been able to simulate through the years smoothly enough. It's pretty neat.

My only issue is when it comes to editing the draft, i can remove/add a player's individual draft info manually with UK's pre-game editor but when it comes to adding/removing whole drafts years, it's waaay too time consuming to do it one by one. Is there any other way?

Hmmm might be able to do something with an export of the draft table, remove the years you don't need, then re-import them with a value to clear the table before import. I'd email or post on the editor thread for Archi.

Reactions: Vincent Lecavalier

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
I enjoy the game way more with pictures on most players. There used to be a Steam workshop facepack that had a huge amount of pics. Made the game more enjoyable for me. I think it's gone from there but is there a way to get facepacks with faces for pretty much everyone relevant in hockey like that facepack had?

Vincent Lecavalier

Jul 3, 2016
Ile Blizzard
I enjoy the game way more with pictures on most players. There used to be a Steam workshop facepack that had a huge amount of pics. Made the game more enjoyable for me. I think it's gone from there but is there a way to get facepacks with faces for pretty much everyone relevant in hockey like that facepack had?

NoPurposeFlour's pack is still on the workshop along some others.
Otherwise the most recent ones are on EHM The Blue Line

Reactions: xECK29x

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
I'm working on a facepack with actionpics for the NHL. I've got a bit to do before it's finished though.

Last edited:

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015

Hmmm might be able to do something with an export of the draft table, remove the years you don't need, then re-import them with a value to clear the table before import. I'd email or post on the editor thread for Archi.
I think the "UK pre-game editor" is the EHM07 editor (and not created by Archi), not Archi's EHM Updater for EHM07 or Archi's new EHM editor for the new EHM

Archi's EHM Updater for EHM07 EHM 2007 Updater v2.0.6 (Database & Saved Game Editor)
Archi's new EHM editor for the new EHM Eastside Hockey Manager Editor (v0.2.6) [BETA]

Both the Updater & the new EHM Editor allow a lot more to be edited than the EHM07 Pre-Game Editor, and they both allow data to be exported/edited/imported via spreadsheets which is helpful (especially for mass editing); I don't recall how editable Rights are.....

P.S. If you're editing Attributes but not setting Player Roles the game is likely going to change your Attributes at startup (Player Roles are part of the new EHM, and can't be seen/edited using the EHM07 editor); if Player roles are not assigned the game will assign them and then distribute Attributes based on the assigned Player Role (thus changing your edits). If you're interested, my February 19th post further up this page has some links to some editing basics/guidelines

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England

Yes you can export and import draft histories between databases provided the players exist in both databases.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Yeah I fixed it but have temporarily suspended NHL32 until the draft bug is worked out. It’s really a killer for me that the lottery gets so screwed up with 32 teams.

I post trade deadline NHL36 update soon which includes an entirely new expansion draft list and setup - I could port that pretty easily into a new NHL32 just as long as everybody knows there doesn’t seem much we can do about the whacked out 32 team draft lottery.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Yeah I fixed it but have temporarily suspended NHL32 until the draft bug is worked out. It’s really a killer for me that the lottery gets so screwed up with 32 teams.

I post trade deadline NHL36 update soon which includes an entirely new expansion draft list and setup - I could port that pretty easily into a new NHL32 just as long as everybody knows there doesn’t seem much we can do about the whacked out 32 team draft lottery.
Yeah I figured you had your hands full trying to sort the lottery out.

Now I'll just take control of all 32 teams before the draft and trade the draft picks close to where they should be. It's a bit of a nuisance but usually one beer is enough to get things sorted :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->