Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If you are last in the standings, you shouldn't finish later than 4th. If you really finished 31th (or whatever is the last position in your game), I'd consider sending the saved game to Riz to see if there is a bug. What roster are you using?
Did the team own its own first round pick?
My own roster, just added Seattle as the 32nd team. It was frustrating because I have no problem saving the game before the lottery and just loading it until I get a good lottery, but I accidentally saved the game because when you try to load a game it asks if you want to save it. I wasn't thinking and did it right after the lottery took place so I had to add a human GM and make a trade. Which is something I didn't really want to do, but unavoidable. :ha:

Francis, no it did not. St. Louis (who did not make the playoffs) won the lottery using a pick acquired from the Washington Capitals who lost in the Eastern Conference finals. It seems like the bug of which BK is talking about and every single draft placement gets a lottery draw. The team who finished last was the Buffalo Sabres who did make the playoffs, but lost in the first round.

Could this be just a one season thing or will it happen in every season?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
It appears 32 causes an issue - like I said, it does in my Seattle database as well. But with 36-team NHL36, no issues. It’s
Really bizarre. It will be messed up every year.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Speaking of updates, and I know this will be a long shot, but..

Will there ever be a roster ‘update’ for the default starting database? If not, I’m fine with that. I just figure with Las Vegas and potentially Seattle coming in, it would be nice having the original database to get an update.

Again, I may be in the extreme minority when it comes to this.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I just started a file with Chicago and it’s a great team to use. The salary cap situation is really tough to work around with lots of long term deals with NTCs. I’m trying to retool the team for immediate success, but a tough rebuild seems to be in order within a few years if that falls short.

Also I went into it wanting to move Toews to Montreal which was fun.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I just started a file with Chicago and it’s a great team to use. The salary cap situation is really tough to work around with lots of long term deals with NTCs. I’m trying to retool the team for immediate success, but a tough rebuild seems to be in order within a few years if that falls short.

Also I went into it wanting to move Toews to Montreal which was fun.

That would be a great challenge. The only issue I had was I accumulated and hoarded so many damn draft picks. I love rebuilding through the draft, but on one occasion in one save I had 9 fourth round draft picks lol!

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Anyone know where I can get an updated logo pack for EHM 2007? I don't play EHM1 and the EHM 2007 thread is dead

edit: should add I am using TBL 7.3 2014/2015 rosters (the last one before they started doing EHM:EA/1 only rosters

Last edited:

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
One of my players is homesick...how do I even fix that? Trade him to a team close to where he was born?

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I would trade Toews every day if I'm GM of Hawks.

Amen! The tough part is you are stuck with seabrook, crawford, keith taking almost a quarter of you cap for awhile!

That would be a great challenge. The only issue I had was I accumulated and hoarded so many damn draft picks. I love rebuilding through the draft, but on one occasion in one save I had 9 fourth round draft picks lol!

Yea you almost have to check yourself with those midround picks!

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Apparently you can give your player a leave of absence...that's pretty interesting, this game never fails to show me new things every now and then

edit lmao it said I was letting him leave for 2 weeks but apparently he's gone for 10 months?????? hmmm

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
One of my players is homesick...how do I even fix that? Trade him to a team close to where he was born?

So I've mainly countered the 'homesick' issue when playing Football Manager, but what that indirectly means is that he wants to leave your team.

I had a Brazilian defender just this year who wanted to leave FC Porto in FM18. As soon as I transferred him over to PSG in France, the homesick issue went away. Could be a reputation thing as well.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Off the topic question - is there a database editor for the game to adjust it before starting? Looks like my 2007 EHM is dead with my new laptop, so exploring options...

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
@BKarchitect I'm starting the NHL32 db with my own version of the Expansion Draft. I copied all the guys I selected and replaced the in the spreadsheet. Now when I start the game Seattle has all the players you selected along with the guys I picked on their roster.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Off the topic question - is there a database editor for the game to adjust it before starting? Looks like my 2007 EHM is dead with my new laptop, so exploring options...

There is a database editor (available at the blue line website) and fan-made DB already like with 2007.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
@BKarchitect I'm starting the NHL32 db with my own version of the Expansion Draft. I copied all the guys I selected and replaced the in the spreadsheet. Now when I start the game Seattle has all the players you selected along with the guys I picked on their roster.

Nevermind, I ended up using the editor to move the other players back to their original clubs.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
hoyster - let me know if you have issues in a 32 team DB with the draft lottery not working properly...it seems to give every team, including playoff teams, a shot to win. I think SEPH had the same issue in his 32-team db as well. Feel like xECK may be right and this may be a code issue we cannot fix.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
hoyster - let me know if you have issues in a 32 team DB with the draft lottery not working properly...it seems to give every team, including playoff teams, a shot to win. I think SEPH had the same issue in his 32-team db as well. Feel like xECK may be right and this may be a code issue we cannot fix.

Only issue so far is that I drafted a young team with few veterans in the ED and trying to tank for a good draft pick. 52 games in I'm sitting 5th in the west with a 25-21-6 record. I'm still gonna try to get rid of my vets so I can tank properly. I'll update when I get to draft how the lottery turns out.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki

Draft order (final standings)
1. Flames (19th, 9th in west)
2. Sabres (32nd, 16th in east)
3. Kings (24th, 12th in west)
4. Canucks (4th, 2nd in west)
5. Panthers (14th, 8th in east)
6. Preadtors (2nd, 1st in west)
7. Canadiens (29th, 14th in east)
8. Blue Jackets (18th, 10th in east)
9. Lightning (3rd, 2nd in east)
10. Sharks (9th, 5th in west)

Yeah seems broken to me

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
The first season of Seattle Totems:

Expansion draft:
ANA: Nick Ritchie
ARI: Laurent Dauphin
BOS: Ryan Spooner
BUF: Hudson Fasching
CGY: Travis Hamonic
CAR: Roland McKeown
CHI: Vinnie Hinostroza
COL: Chris Bigras
CBJ: Kevin Stenlund
DAL: Dillon Heatherington
DET: Gustav Nyquist
EDM: Drake Gaggiula
FLA: James Reimer
LAK: Paul Ladue
MIN: Gustav Olofsson
MTL: Michael McCarron
NSH: Nick Bonino
NJD: Mirco Müller
NYI: Calvin De Haan
NYR: Jimmy Vesey
OTT: Francis Perron
PHI: Anthony Stolarz
PIT: Conor Sheary
SJS: Tim Heed
STL: Ivan Barbashev
TBL: Dominik Masin
TOR: Josh Leivo
VAN: Troy Stecher
WSH: Philipp Grubauer
WPG: Brendan Lemieux

A plan was to get a young team with a few vets to get the team going. Then maybe flip the vets at the deadline to rebuild a contender in a few years.

Trades:
Gustav Nyquist to Avalanche for Sens 1st in 2018 and Avs 1st in 2018
Nyquist had a terrific start in the new franchise scoring 26 goals and 48 point in 49 games which made him a huge trade target for a playoff team. Avs pulled the trigger and paid a hefty price.

Travis Hamonic to Predators for Preds 1st in 2018
Had a pretty good start as #1D so Preds decided to bolster their already great DLine with Hamonic.

James Reimer to Lightning for Boris Katchouk
Reimer was amazing with the Totems serving as their #1 goalie. But with Grubauer and Stolarz ready to take a step forward, Reimer was expendable. Tampa got him as an insurance but had to part with one of their top prospects.

Nick Bonino to Jets for Jets 2nd in 2019
Didn't have a good start of the season so the price dropped a little. Didn't serve a purpose on Totems so trade had to happen anyway.

Season:
Expectations were not high as one would think of the new franchise. Totems finished the season with a 34-36-12 record, 198 GF - 236 GA.

Out of the players Jimmy Vesey had a breakout season with 22 goals and 60 points. Also Ryan Spooner had a pretty good season scoring 38 points in 62 games after returning from his offseason surgery.

Toronto Maple Leafs won the Stanley Cup over Nashville Preators. Auston Matthews received the Conn Smythe as the playoffs MVP.

The biggest story of the season was Erik Karlsson. He scored 25 goals and 106 points to share the Art Ross with another big story Alexander Barkov. Karlsson deservedly took home Hart, Ted Lindsay and Norris Trophies.

Steven Stamkos was the only one to reach 50 goals and won the Rocket Trophy.
Vasilevskiy won the Vezina Trophy as he emerged as one of the top goalies in the league.
Nico Hischier performed like a true #1 pick and won the Calder Trophy over Barzal and Kerfoot.

Draft:
Islanders had the first pick and they chose to get John Tavares a new franchise winger with Andrei Svechnikov goin 1st overall. Buffalo Sabres were more than happy to pick Rasmus Dahlin as the 2nd overall pick. Filip Zadina was picked by the Kings to round out the top 3.

Seattle Totems made the following picks:
6th: LD Quinn Hughes
20th: C Rasmus Kupari
21st: RD Jett Woo
27th: C Isac Lundeström
53rd: RW Bulat Shafigullin
85th: RW Lenni Killinen
117th: RW Jake Goldowski
149th: G Veini Vehviläinen
181st: LD Tomas Dajcar
213th: RW Martin Pospisil

The plan is to continue bulding this franchise from the draft so probably not gonna make any big splashes in the free agency.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Time to add another wrinkle to NHL36...

I'm going to have Quebec field their own national hockey team! This is not intended to make any kind of political statement FYI - I've just always wondered what a Quebec national team would look like and how they would perform, if, similarly to Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland in football, they got to field their own hockey teams.

- So Quebec has been added as a national team and national U20 team competing in all IIHF events.
- All Quebec cities are now under Quebec nationality not Canada.
- All native Quebec-born players and staff have been switched to Québécois
- All Quebec-based clubs are now under the Quebec flag

Furthermore, to make things even more interesting - I've made it so that the Nordiques in the expanded NHL can only field native Quebec players. So similar to Athletic Bilbao and some of the other Basque-based clubs in Spanish football. I did not apply the same to the Canadiens (or Maroons) as Montreal is too big and cosmopolitan and the Habs' history is too great and filled with non-Quebec players to convert them. So just the Nordiques for this unique challenge...not that they haven't had greats like Stastny and Sakic but it is easier to reboot them than change the Habs.

I have some things to do before releasing...

- Converting Quebec-based leagues to Quebec not Canada. The QMJHL will still fly under the Canadian flag as it contains non-Quebec clubs as well but the Quebec clubs in the QMJHL are...well...of Quebec nationality now.

- Converting all logos of Quebec based clubs into Quebec folders under logos. Have already done for the NHL/AHL/QMJHL clubs but lots more minor clubs to go. Will release a Quebec-based logo pack (and the national flags) when I am done converting everything.

- BIG THING: Converting/adding Canadian names that are familiar to Quebec into Quebec First and Last names. I don't believe First and Last names have an export/import feature so that's going to take a while as there are thousands of names to sort through (unless Archi can add this as an import/export feature!). Without doing this, CPU-generated Québécois players will have ridiculous random names.

- Redo NHL36 Expansion Draft so the Nordiques start with a reasonable all-Québécois roster.

Some early screens from testing:

a1356849d206edb2df3cb4e2e407cb92.jpg

eb7b7671adc8268b4ec26a056a4caac2.jpg

f7eedd12737576489e1664e75c6ee69d.jpg

374ea143fc23719b4899285eba8aeac5.jpg

Last edited:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Testing update...

2018 Olympics (still with NHL players in EHM 1.4)
- Quebec makes it past the group stage, beats Germany 4-1 in the playoff qualifying round before losing 4-2 to Finland in the Quarterfinals. A very respectable showing. Roster was:
G: Crawford, Fleury, Luongo
D: Vlasic, Letang, Savard, Scandella, Matheson, Demers, S. Girard, Chabot, Beauchemin
F: Bergeron, Huberdeau, Perron, Marchessault, Brassard, Perreault, Drouin, Dubois, Mantha, Pominville, Beauvillier, Duclair, Desharnais, Chiasson

As for how it affected Team Canada? Well...Canada still won the entire tournament...so not much!

2018 WJC U20
- Quebec finishes second in Group B, behind only Sweden. They beat the Czechs and plastered the Russians 7-2 in group play. They lost however in the Quarterfinal round in an absolute nail-biter to the USA, 5-4 in OT. But they did all of this without superstar center Alexis Lafreniere (Rimouski) who was hurt and did not play in the tournament...where he might have been the best player on any team.
- They were lead by high-scoring Q trio Jakob Pelletier (8 points), Xavier Parent (8 points) and Xavier Simoneau (7 points). Those guys are only 17 and Lafreniere is only 16 so plenty of young talent coming through the ranks.

Reactions: xECK29x

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Curious questions concerning the USHL and College route players here (currently in season 2)....

1) Maybe this has to do with the database size I selected, but teams in the USHL do not have full rosters except the USNTDP. What I mean by this is majority of the teams have like 4-6 actual players and the rest are randomly generated grey players.

2) Players are not transferring over to their colleges. For example, I am Seattle and I drafted Jake Wise 5th overall. He said under information "that he aims to play College Hockey" for the entire summer, but he never once transferred over to BC. I went to extra_congif to see if the original roster did have him transfer and I saw "his name to BC". The same thing happened with K'Andre Miller and Olivier Wahlstrom. Any reason why?

Draft order (final standings)
1. Flames (19th, 9th in west)
2. Sabres (32nd, 16th in east)
3. Kings (24th, 12th in west)
4. Canucks (4th, 2nd in west)
5. Panthers (14th, 8th in east)
6. Preadtors (2nd, 1st in west)
7. Canadiens (29th, 14th in east)
8. Blue Jackets (18th, 10th in east)
9. Lightning (3rd, 2nd in east)
10. Sharks (9th, 5th in west)

Yeah seems broken to me
Save before the lottery and just simulate the day until you get a good lottery standings. That's what I am doing.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Time to add another wrinkle to NHL36...

I'm going to have Quebec field their own national hockey team! This is not intended to make any kind of political statement FYI - I've just always wondered what a Quebec national team would look like and how they would perform, if, similarly to Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland in football, they got to field their own hockey teams.

- So Quebec has been added as a national team and national U20 team competing in all IIHF events.
- All Quebec cities are now under Quebec nationality not Canada.
- All native Quebec-born players and staff have been switched to Québécois
- All Quebec-based clubs are now under the Quebec flag

Furthermore, to make things even more interesting - I've made it so that the Nordiques in the expanded NHL can only field native Quebec players. So similar to Athletic Bilbao and some of the other Basque-based clubs in Spanish football. I did not apply the same to the Canadiens (or Maroons) as Montreal is too big and cosmopolitan and the Habs' history is too great and filled with non-Quebec players to convert them. So just the Nordiques for this unique challenge...not that they haven't had greats like Stastny and Sakic but it is easier to reboot them than change the Habs.

I have some things to do before releasing...

- Converting Quebec-based leagues to Quebec not Canada. The QMJHL will still fly under the Canadian flag as it contains non-Quebec clubs as well but the Quebec clubs in the QMJHL are...well...of Quebec nationality now.

- Converting all logos of Quebec based clubs into Quebec folders under logos. Have already done for the NHL/AHL/QMJHL clubs but lots more minor clubs to go. Will release a Quebec-based logo pack (and the national flags) when I am done converting everything.

- BIG THING: Converting/adding Canadian names that are familiar to Quebec into Quebec First and Last names. I don't believe First and Last names have an export/import feature so that's going to take a while as there are thousands of names to sort through (unless Archi can add this as an import/export feature!). Without doing this, CPU-generated Québécois players will have ridiculous random names.

- Redo NHL36 Expansion Draft so the Nordiques start with a reasonable all-Québécois roster.

Some early screens from testing:

Now pull the trigger and (re)create soviet union :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad