GDT: Eastern Conference Quarterfinals Game 1: Your New Jersey Devils (WC2) @ Tampa Bay Lightning (1E)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I'm presently watching the 2003 Stanley Cup DVD, like I always do before the start of our postseason.

Just can't wait for puck drop !!!

P.S. I love Pat Burns and for those who are lucky enough to have access to RDS, there's a special on Pat Burns "The man behind the bench", that airs this Monday at 9pm and a rerun on Wednesday at 8h30pm.

Reactions: Colin226

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There's no shootout in the Playoffs though.

And Cory was in goal and could've had one or two of Tampa's goals if he was Kinkaid. ;)

Looking back at it now, Cory wasn't all that impressive in net. But I don't want to turn this GDT into another Cory discussion so I'll just say "LET'S GO DEVILS!!".
The Kucherov goal wasn't good, which I remembered at the time and people argued it wasn't that bad because of who it was. He had a very clear look at it and it just straight up beat him between the arm and the body or maybe just to the outside, low glove side. It wasn't a good goal, I don't care who's shooting it. Just like the Ovechkin short side goal the other night.

The second goal he allowed was borderline. It looked to beat him 5-hole, but it was a one timer and he wasn't really in position for it when the shot was taken. It beat him 5-hole as he was moving across.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
I'm presently watching the 2003 Stanley Cup DVD, like I always do before the start of our postseason.

Just can't wait for puck drop !!!

P.S. I love Pat Burns and for those who are lucky enough to have access to RDS, there's a special on Pat Burns "The man behind the bench", that airs this Monday at 9pm and a rerun on Wednesday at 8h30pm.
I own said DVD but what was going through peoples minds when they said "you know what,Lets get Whoopi F'n Goldberg to narrate"?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
TB lines 2-4 won't matchup well with Wood PZ Maroon if they can get going. That said, to me, TB's advantage isn't really with the forwards, as good as Stamkos and Kuch are. The real advantage are the defenders but hopefully goaltending can make up that difference. I don't see TB as wanting to pay the price physically but NJ isn't really built for that sort of game beyond the Wood PZ Maroon line. If NJ can win game one or two then TB might start squeezing the stick a little tighter.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
courtesy of /u/PatClaeys

HbV02tQ.jpg

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
TB lines 2-4 won't matchup well with Wood PZ Maroon if they can get going. That said, to me, TB's advantage isn't really with the forwards, as good as Stamkos and Kuch are. The real advantage are the defenders but hopefully goaltending can make up that difference. I don't see TB as wanting to pay the price physically but NJ isn't really built for that sort of game beyond the Wood PZ Maroon line. If NJ can win game one or two then TB might start squeezing the stick a little tighter.

I think the Zajac line can adapt to that style. They just can't be the leading physical line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad