GDT: Eastern Conference Quarterfinals Game 1: Your New Jersey Devils (WC2) @ Tampa Bay Lightning (1E)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Member when Stephen Gionta got blown up from behind in front of the bench on the same play that Bernier took that boarding major?

flat,800x800,070,f.u2.jpg

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I don't understand how a legitimate Stanley Cup challenger like Tampa has Peter Budaj as its' backup goalie. Especially given how intelligent & solid of a GM Steve Yzerman is.

But in sticking with Budaj all year, it seems to me Yzerman has created a potential weakness as large as the Death Star's exhaust hole in his Lightning blueprint.

deathstar_article_thermal_exhaust.jpg

Yeah, I dont know what he meant, the backup is Budaj. Although now I'm thinking it's an intentional insult to Budaj, because Domingue is likely better than Budaj. It cannot be overstated how bad an NHL backup Budaj is. He's signed through next year, but I imagine this is his last year in the NHL.

I’m pretty sure Budaj has been injured all season.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Just heard that the Lightning have a digital billboard they put up in town that starts with 16, to count down how many more wins they need to win the Cup.... :laugh:

Reactions: glenwo2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad