Series Discussion: Eastern Conference Finals: Caps vs. TBL

Who and how many?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Clearly had a bone to pick about Wilson and used as many stats as possible to fit his narrative. For example, he says Wilson takes a lot of penalties but refuses to acknowledge that he also draws a ton of calls too. Based on the comments, a lot of people disagreed with the article and for good measure.

Reads like a rant from any random Metro rival fan. Author needs to get over it. Wilson's teammates and coach will disagree.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I woke up this morning after having a dream that the Caps lost 6-4 and then realized it was a dream. Reality is we won the series and it still feels good. I probably watched the Kuzy goal about 20 times before work. I love the underdog role way better than being favorites and love the schedule. The last time we played this team in the playoffs Tampa got a back to back thanks to a graduation ceremony. Caps can beat the TB Rangers with no problem. Just play a full game and not panic. I'm so looking forward to seeing Wilson back. Yes, I haven't forgotten about Kunitz. Hopefully this is the year he gets his.

Go Caps!

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
NHL XM guys were downplaying our win. Pitt was injured. Guys weren't themselves. Kessel, Brassard. Malkin.... cry me a f***ing river.

They even went as far to point out that the fateful Crosby turnover, was not a turnover.

Finally they both proclaimed that TB has the advantage at F D and G. Perfect.

Let's see how good their D are after 7 games with Willy inside their heads and truckin a few of them. That's what he does! That's ALL he does! You can't stop him! He'll wade through you,

Lets see how their diminutive forwards are after Orpik tries to demolish them. They will dodge him a few times, but then BAM. Bam.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Fun narratives all the way through for these Caps. Beat Torts in the first round, beat Pittsburgh in the second, and now in the third... the Tampa Bay Lightning. A chance to repay the team that shocked them as the top seed in 2011. A team that has former Caps playoff killers in Kunitz, Callahan, Girardi, Miller, and McD. Line 'em up and knock 'em down.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Couldn't find the "Tom Wilson" thread, so will post it here. Discuss.
What We Learned: Assessing Tom Wilson's true impact

This guy could have written an actually interesting article. I think trying to find statistical value in what Wilson brings is a worthy endeavor. The problem is that he has so much bias that a 100 words into the article, he completely lost track of what he was trying to accomplish.

Wilson ended up on the 1st line because nobody else that Trotz put there was able to a) produce and b)keep the puck in the right end of the ice.

I mean... Ovechkin's line starts a lot of shifts in the offensive zone because Tom Wilson is a defensive liability :help:. Sometimes, you just have to read what you just wrote and ask yourself an honest question. How full of s**t am I?

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
NHL XM guys were downplaying our win. Pitt was injured. Guys weren't themselves. Kessel, Brassard. Malkin.... cry me a ****ing river.

They even went as far to point out that the fateful Crosby turnover, was not a turnover.

Let's see how good their D are after 7 games with Willy inside their heads and truckin a few of them. That's what he does! That's ALL he does! You can't stop him! He'll wade through you,

Lets see how their diminutive forwards are after Orpik tries to demolish them. They will dodge him a few times, but then BAM. Bam.
Was that Scott Laughlin and Patrick Sullivan?

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
McDonagh and Girardi don’t worry me. But Kucherov and Vasilevski do. Also, Bolt forward depth is excellent. Stamkos, Johnson, Gourde, Point, Palat, Callahan, etc.

Let’s see if we can do a little better than the last time we faced Tampa in the playoffs.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
NHL XM guys were downplaying our win. Pitt was injured. Guys weren't themselves. Kessel, Brassard. Malkin.... cry me a ****ing river.

The whole NHL website is a Pens slurpfest today. You'd think they won the damn series. Bias won't change as long as Mario runs the show.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
wondering if I can find a single ticket for game 2?

Not sure if serious but you can almost walk up the the box office on game day and get a single. SeatGeek has a ton but they are really overpriced, wait till game gets closer or do the box office thing as I said singles are always available.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada

Those idiots never talked about how Ovie played on one leg in the series last year.

It's about time the shoe was on the other foot.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I think the Caps rookies really made a difference in that they were fresh legs. Burakovsky could come back with incredibly fresh legs, Backstrom got an extra couple days off to rest up, and Wilson will have had 10 days rest on Friday. To insert that freshness in the top six would be nice. Having said all that, I do not expect Burky back game 1 and Backstrom is a 50/50 proposition and that is only if he wishes to play through it.

They also didn't have all the past baggage. New blood and Holtby were the difference.

How quick do you recover from a broken finger? I think Backs is a no go for game one. I honestly can't see a way that a healthy Burakovsky even gets sweater if everyone is healthy. If he bumps Vrana down to the 4th line I will be pissed.

Last edited:

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
McDonagh and Girardi don’t worry me. But Kucherov and Vasilevski do. Also, Bolt forward depth is excellent. Stamkos, Johnson, Gourde, Point, Palat, Callahan, etc.

Let’s see if we can do a little better than the last time we faced Tampa in the playoffs.

Point is the one that really concerns me. I have had my eye on him for awhile and he is a tough customer. TBay has three lines that can score and a lot of offensive depth.
Holtby is going to have to be sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia