Series Discussion: Eastern Conference Finals: Caps vs. TBL

Who and how many?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Will feel strange starting on the road. Only other time I can recall in the Ovi era would have been vs Boston. Maybe one of those NYR series did as well. Regardless, will be fun rooting for a split rather than praying the Caps take the first two at home.

Caps are the lowest seed left in the playoffs. They'll be the underdog the rest of the way. Which is good, imo. The need that.

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
I think Reirden is having more of a pull this year, hence a different style, which would explain the speculation on Trotz retiring

Also, according to the main boards, Caps don’t gave a chance. Series is already over

Meanwhile Tampa played arguably the 2 easiest teams in the entire playoffs

Boston was overrated trash and NJ was well NJ

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
This morning Joe B and Locker were on a radio show talking Caps and I didn't realize Oshie has been playing so banged up too. Man this team is beat up and needs to get right before Tampa. Hopefully game 1 is on Saturday with Nashville winning last night although I heard it could be Friday. That's still a very needed break. Get well boys

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
This morning Joe B and Locker were on a radio show talking Caps and I didn't realize Oshie has been playing so banged up too. Man this team is beat up and needs to get right before Tampa. Hopefully game 1 is on Saturday with Nashville winning last night although I heard it could be Friday. That's still a very needed break. Get well boys

This is what I've been saying on the mains. The entire top 6 has been out or hurt. Ovie is not listed but you can assume he's banged up.

Kuzy - wrist?
Oshie - multiple
Bura - wrist/hand
Backstrom - hand
Wilson - suspended

Entire team gutting it out. Love it.

DCRedhawk21

May 7, 2011
Northern Virginia
I know Pitt had the history factor/monkey on the back in play, but it's hard not to look at Tampa's roster and see one that's better and more well-rounded than the Penguins. A deep forward group with a lot of a high end skill, a good defense, and a good goalie. Add to that Kunitz and the former Rangers group, I would bet TBL gets on the fans' nerves pretty quickly...

Don't overthink the lines for game 1 if Backstrom's in:

8 - 92 - 43
18 - 19 - 77
13 - 20 - 10
25 - 83 - 39*

6 - 74
9 - 2
29 - 44

* - if 65 is ready, I think you try him here and give him a shift or two up the lineup to see if he's caught up. I doubt he plays game 1-2 though from all indications we have.

If Backstrom's out:

8 - 92 - 43
13 - 20 - 77
18 - 72 - 10
25 - 83 - 39

The first lineup looks a whole lot more appealing against TB....

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am thinking if Nick is out, try Stephenson at 3C over Boyd, move up a vet and then put in Gersich on 4. I would keep Boyd safe and sound as he is our lone top 6 C depth, and we are only halfway home.

That said, I think Nick plays. Right hand injury, just add extra tape to the knob. Or, glue the stick to his hand.

glue.jpg

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I called Caps in 6 after they went down 2-0 against Columbus. I called Caps in 6 against Pittsburgh and said they'd split at home, split in Pittsburgh, and win Games 5 and 6.

Caps in 6 again. Split in Tampa, win both at home behind a crazy, reborn crowd, lose G5, then win G6 at home to head to the mother f***ing Stanley Cup Final.

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
Our only chance of making this a series is rolling 3 lines with Beagle taking important defensive zone face-offs. If DSP and Chiasson see the ice agains Tampa we're in BIG trouble.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Our only chance of making this a series is rolling 3 lines with Beagle taking important defensive zone face-offs. If DSP and Chiasson see the ice agains Tampa we're in BIG trouble.

We've been more successful rotating 4 lines. DSP, Chiasson and Beagle got ice time against the Pens stars and didn't get abused. Offensively, PIT and TBL are equally dangerous to me.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
We've been more successful rotating 4 lines. DSP, Chiasson and Beagle got ice time against the Pens stars and didn't get abused. Offensively, PIT and TBL are equally dangerous to me.

Tampa's bottom six has been far superior to the Pens, slow unskilled plugs like Chiasson and DSP will get owned in unimaginable manner by Tampa.

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
Tampa's bottom six has been far superior to the Pens, slow unskilled plugs like Chiasson and DSP will get owned in unimaginable manner by Tampa.

That is not true at all. When you have Kessel, Sheary, Brassard, even Rust are all pretty fast wingers who can snipe, that is a pretty good bottom six. Pitt lost because of their terrible defense, Murray, and can't believe I am saying this, out coached. Trotz completely neutralized their transition game from Game 1 and they didn't have an answer to to it

That is not to say Tampa doesn't have a great bottom six but to say that we can't handle their bottom six is not true. Our bottom 6 is not slow like in years past. Our defense is much faster this year with the addition of Kempny and Djoos

That said, Tampa isn't gonna be as worn out as Pitt was. But in terms of forward depth, Pitt and Tampa are almost the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad