• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
This is gonna be a tough test.

Vlad is no Murray and their D is actually good compared to Pitt

Strap in boys

The one thing that we have over Tampa that can help us win is we got the monkey off our back and they will no longer doubt themselves

Ride the momentum boys!

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Understand that 18-19-77 is Trotz primary matchup checking line. Putting 13 on that line kills that. You would expect that Trotz would put a premium on that line stopping the Stamkos line.

Besides, I don't think we see 65 and I am somewhat dubious about 19 at this point.
If Trotz breaks up the 13-20-77 line he deserves to be fired on the spot. That line was huge for us last night.

18-19-10/65 (if healthy) is a good enough line defensively. Also adds scoring to all three lines instead of Eller getting dragged down by 10 and 25

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
ShiningLloyd.jpg

Praise be to Lloyd.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
If Trotz breaks up the 13-20-77 line he deserves to be fired on the spot. That line was huge for us last night.

18-19-10/65 (if healthy) is a good enough line defensively. Also adds scoring to all three lines instead of Eller getting dragged down by 10 and 25

10/65 are not good enough defensively to be the primary against Stamkos/Kucherov. Period. Do you want Eller or Backstrom against Stamkos? Whichever gets Stamkos gets 77

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
I get that 13-20-77 was great last night but do we seem to forget that 18-19-77 has been great as well?

You do not bump 19 down with Connolly and DSP

It will be

8-92-43
18-19-77
10-20-25
13-83-39

Reactions: ovikovy817

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
10/65 are not good enough defensively to be the primary against Stamkos/Kucherov. Period. Do you want Eller or Backstrom against Stamkos? Whichever gets Stamkos gets 77

I want Stephenson/Backstrom/Oshie up against the Miller/Stamkos/Kucherov line. Ovi/Kuzy/Willy deal with the Palat/Point/Johnson line.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
You would hope that Vrana has shown enough to remain in the top nine:

8 - 92 - 43
18 - 19 - 77
13 - 20 - 10
79/39/25 - 83 - 39/25

The interesting part is when Burakovsky is ready. Chiasson didn't play a whole lot in G6 but I liked his game. Not sure it fits against the Lightning initially but any fourth-line configuration likely won't play a whole lot. Perhaps later in the series that line would be more effective. I don't doubt Trotz going with DSP on the third-line over Connolly but he shouldn't keep forcing that. They're going to want to be physical on the road but I like giving Walker another shot.

Reactions: um

Sdevils42

Nov 30, 2016
Pumped for you guys, pumped for Ovie, keep it rolling!!!

I loathe TB and as crazy as this statement I don't think they're all that good (Media has them out to be unbeatable). I think their D is severely overrated. Hopefully a team like WSH that can roll more than 1 scoring line (NJD, BOS) can exploit their 2nd D pairing. Surprising on how physical both WSH and TBL has been, hope this is a classic 6/7 game series.

How fkin' good is Kuznetsov??? He's the difference this year, finally starting to shoot more. Backstrom is a great player, borderline HoF probably but Kuz adds an extra scoring threat that Backstrom doesn't have.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
RH Keys to the series
  • Free'd Willy pounding defensemen especially f***ing Hedman. No worries about being suspended for being too tall.
  • Orpik hell all D pounding Kucherov and Stamkos. Ok not Djoos.
  • If Vasil is stonewalling, traffic screens and high deflections. Or run his f***ing ass late in a loss early in the series.
  • Keep Kunitz off Holtby. No exceptions. Punch him in the f***ing head if needed.
  • Barry needs to keep cycling all the f***ing brat high energy kids into the lineup.
  • I think Nick can play shutdown effectively. Right/top hand is the less critical IMWebTXMDHO.
  • Splat Palat
  • Don't think of them as Tampa. Think of them as the Florida Rangers.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
I think we win in 6. I just have a feeling

TB is good but no, they aren’t as good as the Pens teams that have been beating us. In fact, they haven’t won shit with all that talent. The pressure is really on them.

Split in TB and we got it.

Plus we owe them from 2011

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think Barry's plan may be to decide at the end of the season. What a storybook ending already being written in some heads, win the cup and retire off into the sunset.... maybe even movie worthy.

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Will feel strange starting on the road. Only other time I can recall in the Ovi era would have been vs Boston. Maybe one of those NYR series did as well. Regardless, will be fun rooting for a split rather than praying the Caps take the first two at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad