Pre-Game Talk: Eastern Conference Final: Tampa Bay Lightning (1A) v. Washington Capitals (1M)

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
ugh still not good at waiting
wanted to have an elegant day w/o thinking much but...

hope those at the mainboard are safe!
HeavenlySphericalIvorybilledwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
36 hours until puck drop!!! To be honest, the wait has been painful. Hope the boys have been able to benefit from the extra few days off, but are better prepared to ratchet up the intensity in game one.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I'm just kind of baffled at how arrogant the caps fans are. Like really.

They just saw their team beat their 20 year nemesis - the back-to-back Stanley Cup champs, no less - so they're understandably on a high right now. Everything and anything seems possible today.

We'll see how long the euphoria lasts. :D

The Caps are a good team even if they're riding a high right now. I'm just hoping our boys show up for Game 1 and don't pull the same crap as they did against the Bruins in that Game 1.

Reactions: Saltlife

TechCtr

Apr 24, 2018
Kucherov broke Holtby earlier this year, and it took him months to recover. Maybe he can do the same in game 1?
Agree - I'm expecting the Miller-Kuch-Stammer line to breakout in game#1 after being neutralized by boston most of the series and the Killer-Cirelli-Gourde line chipping in. Looks like Backstrom is still day-to-day.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
They looked slow and rusty in game 1, as always after a break. Fore check failed cause they were one step behind and the focus wasn't there either for some reason, like with Ovechkins 2-0 goal.

If they can come out sharp and on their toes we have a good chance to make it 1-1 but Caps are good so need an A performance, nothing else will do.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
In 2003 we came back against Washington from 0-2 and won the series 4-2!
The Lightning have rallied from an 0-2 hole in the postseason before. Against the same Washington franchise, Tampa Bay lost both home games in the 2003 Eastern Conference Quarterfinal, getting outscored 9-3 in the process, before reeling off four-consecutive victories to take the series in six games and win their first playoff series in team history.
outscored by 6 goals is also the same here.
but I really wonder what had happened? like, Caps lost the following games for "no reason " or Bolts adjusted and played better? Anyone here remember?
Also Rangers won the series 3 yrs ago coming back from 1-3 and it was Mcd who scored GWG to avoid their first elimination game. He's won all the 3 series against them together w/ G and Millsy(2) so I thought they'd handle them rather well.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I believe the biggest adjustment was Kubina being matched up against Jagr to shut him down. I don't remember what else changed that series but that was the main story afterwards.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
I believe the biggest adjustment was Kubina being matched up against Jagr to shut him down. I don't remember what else changed that series but that was the main story afterwards.
Thanks for the input. Well then that sounds like more or less the same kind of adjustment we had at our 1st and 2nd round...
I'd be better off just rooting for them bc I really hope both our coach and the players know what need to be done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad