Pre-Game Talk: Eastern Conference Final: Tampa Bay Lightning (1A) v. Washington Capitals (1M)

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
These cheats are really coming through.

Kucherov and Stralman both using these the past few days.

40854190384_82881c54c2_o.gif
41910000001_4476fb1529_o.gif

Combining them was a stroke of genius.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
It’s absolutely clear what Washington’s MO is w/r/t vasy; they want to shoot outside and get deflections, or take high angle shots from deep (ostensibly because they think vasy goes down into the butterfly too early).

What makes me feel better is, they did that all night Tuesday, and only got one goal (off what should have been an icing) and one late goal when the lightning were in prevent defense.

This whole series lies on vasy, we’re gonna need him to win this for us. We’ll have to see if he is able to do so. Hope springs eternal.

Reactions: The Green Unit

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I don't get what all the fuss is about the Stralman hit. Does he charge? no. Does Wilson turn into the hit? yes. Does he thrust himself in a more violent manner than needed? No. That should be case closed.

Reactions: berlin and Hoek

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I don't get what all the fuss is about the Stralman hit. Does he charge? no. Does Wilson turn into the hit? yes. Does he thrust himself in a more violent manner than needed? No. That should be case closed.

Was it a clean hit? No.
Did Strålman make primarily body to body contact with his elbow ending up hitting Wilson's shoulders which drove Wilson into the boards? Yes.
Was he headhunting? No.
Did Strålman turn away from the hit at the last moment to try and lessen the impact? Yes.
Did Wilson turn into the hit and duck his head? Yes.
Did Wilson milk it a bit? Yes.
Did Wilson return to the ice almost immediately showing no signs of injury? Yes.

Was it boarding? Yes. Naughty Stråls. :nono:

Was Strålman penalized for it? Yes and that gave one of the best PP in the league a chance to put one past our erratic PK while Stråls - one of our best PKrs - has to watch from the box.

Penalty served. Case closed.

Move along. Move along.

Last edited:

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Was it a clean hit? No.
Did Strålman make primarily body to body contact with his elbow ending up hitting Wilson's shoulders? Yes.
Was he headhunting? No.
Did Strålman turn away from the hit? Yes.
Did Wilson turn into the hit and duck his head? Yes.
Did Wilson milk it a bit? Yes.
Did Wilson return to the ice almost immediately showing no signs of injury? Yes.

Was it boarding? Yes. Naughty Stråls. :nono:

Was Strålman penalized for it? Yes and that gave one of the best PP in the league a chance to put one past our erratic PK while Stråls - one of our best PKrs - has to watch from the box.

Penalty served. Case closed.

Move along. Move along.
Yeah tbf, as you say he was too naughty there.
He doesn't need to resort to that kind of stuff to be mistaken as a goon because he does have the skill to do real D!
He need not do that nevertheless and neither do his teammates. Caps and their fans can lose their composures all they want by gooning it up but that should be none of our business.
We want to stay calm & stay away from the box througout our run.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Because its on Saturday is my guess.

Caps fans trying to pull the old reverse jinx saying they are going to lose the series lol.
I mean why is it 7:15 and not just 7:00? Does that mean the puck drop will be ~7:30 or something like that?

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Vasy seems to play better later in a series. He seems to get to know the other teams players tendencies and the other teams strategies.

Also, I think because he’s young, he needs to take a few pucks early in the game to settle him down.

But man, if he’s getting even better...?

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Sure looks like TB will win the cup again. Btw.how many ppl were there at their last parade...anyone know?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->