Pre-Game Talk: Eastern Conference Final: Tampa Bay Lightning (1A) v. Washington Capitals (1M)

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
40155689260_97b51e0334_o.gif

Reactions: Stamper

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
noob question
Does Caps have speed at all? I know Pens do, but assuming Caps are more or less like B's?

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
First - Bruins do have some speed. We just neutralized it.

But Washington plays a pretty heavy game.
I see...
was just wondering if our speed can work well against them. Pen's speed and scoring depth wasn't enough but their main problem was their D I guess.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I see...
was just wondering if our speed can work well against them. Pen's speed and scoring depth wasn't enough but their main problem was their D I guess.
Pens are dinged up.

Anyway - I think our forecheck will be able to really hurt their D. Outside of Niskanen none are really very good back there. We're going to have to get Holtby moving side to side as well.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

Blackhawk93

May 2, 2018
Washingtons defense is weak while the lightnings is amazing. Washington also has no depth scoring, so shut down the top two lines and they'll struggle mightily. The only issue should be Holtby, but who knows, he was pretty crappy earlier this year.

I'm rooting hard for you guys, I just hope you have someone who can goon it up with Wilson, that guy sucks.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Just became aware that the Lightning are the only team remaining in the playoffs with a Stanley Cup in their franchise history.

That's something I never would've ever believed would be true in a million years. Holy crap.

Reactions: TechCtr and Stamper

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I have no concern with this team figuring out how to make any goalie vulnerable at even strength. It's the the special teams that concerns me. PK is bad as usual but the PP has also gotten a lot less impressive in the Bruins series.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Washingtons defense is weak while the lightnings is amazing. Washington also has no depth scoring, so shut down the top two lines and they'll struggle mightily. The only issue should be Holtby, but who knows, he was pretty crappy earlier this year.

I'm rooting hard for you guys, I just hope you have someone who can goon it up with Wilson, that guy sucks.
want no part w/ whoever that guy is. don't want to give them any PP either.
Hope refs can take care of him if he tries to injure our guys at all.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I was once an neighbors with an lowly catipals fan. I was out washing an car in an driveway and this dimwitted cap says "hey how bout doin my an car next?" An complete silence from me, not going to dignify an dumb catipal fan with an fake laugh, even though an fake laugh is the only laugh an catipal fan ever gets.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Well its going to be interesting. Maybe its just me but there seemed to be a lot more open ice in the pens caps series. If that continues then I really like our chances. Should open up things for Kuch and Stammer.

Reactions: TechCtr

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I feel like our ex-Rangers have seen enough of these guys over the last few years too. McDonagh and Girardi especially

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Who here an seen that catipals fan saying all an dimwitted stuff on an hfboards? Yeah i know, an all of them say that XDDDDDDDDDDDD

Reactions: Stamper and Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->